Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069212 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9360 on: November 12, 2015, 05:03:48 pm »
People misquoting the SPLC to claim that all MRAs are misogynists.  They seem to be ignoring their response to criticism of a particular article:

Quote from: Southern Poverty Law Center
It should be mentioned that the SPLC did not label MRAs as members of a hate movement; nor did our article claim that the grievances they air on their websites – false rape accusations, ruinous divorce settlements and the like – are all without merit. But we did call out specific examples of misogyny and the threat, overt or implicit, of violence.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9361 on: November 13, 2015, 11:02:42 am »
Getting punched in the dick by some little shithead for no goddamned reason other than aforementioned shitheadiness.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9362 on: November 13, 2015, 11:10:23 am »
Between that and boiling oil dreams, you are having one gawd awful week, Svata. Yikes! Maybe dip that lil fucker in boiling oil? It coulda been a divine suggestion...
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #9363 on: November 13, 2015, 11:55:22 am »
Meh, coulda been worse. Balanced out somewhat by finding a dollar and a "ticket" winning lotto scratcher in the ditch out front when I was cleaning the trash out of it.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9364 on: November 13, 2015, 02:35:22 pm »
Between that and boiling oil dreams, you are having one gawd awful week, Svata. Yikes! Maybe dip that lil fucker in boiling oil? It coulda been a divine suggestion...

And then eat him, of course. ;)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9365 on: November 13, 2015, 02:58:05 pm »

Well, yes, you obviously eat what you deep fry.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #9366 on: November 13, 2015, 03:15:00 pm »

Well, yes, you obviously eat what you deep fry.

Don't think my boss would approve.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9367 on: November 14, 2015, 12:55:46 am »
I should've put a limit as to how many people could attend my political event, given I'm afraid I won't have enough flyers(even though I stated that they could bring they're own flyers to the event) because I ran out of ink for the flyers, and I didn't expect what seems like everyone and their mother to sign up for the event(I seriously expected like at the most, 3-7 sign ups, got about 30 instead).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:59:46 am by nickiknack »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9368 on: November 14, 2015, 09:00:13 am »
I should've put a limit as to how many people could attend my political event, given I'm afraid I won't have enough flyers(even though I stated that they could bring they're own flyers to the event) because I ran out of ink for the flyers, and I didn't expect what seems like everyone and their mother to sign up for the event(I seriously expected like at the most, 3-7 sign ups, got about 30 instead).

That's the kind of "problem" you want to have. Just ask your volunteers to chip in on a Kinko's run. That's much cheaper than you or your people using their own printer ink or toner and paper, believe it or not.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #9369 on: November 15, 2015, 04:12:41 am »
Puking

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9370 on: November 15, 2015, 09:42:53 pm »
I've already seen a bunch of truther bs about the Paris Attack, saying crap that it was a "false flag" and this thing about this one girl being a crisis actor. It really makes you want to jump off a bridge.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9371 on: November 16, 2015, 02:26:01 am »
...Wait. Who do they think would make a false flag attack like this? French government looking for an excuse to bomb DAESH? EU or one of the countries in EU wanting an excuse to stop taking in refugees? Fundamentalist Christians wanting a new crusade to the middle east? (Ok, I seriously doubt that anyone has suggested that last one.)

EDIT: One of the parties in the Finnish government suggest reducing funding from universities and science because "Can it really be science if the results are not what my buddies at the bar think the results would be?" And what good is science if it the results contradict the general feeling of how my buddies at the bar think of how the world works?"

Another party has a slightly different take on the subject as they feel that "What good is science if you can't make money with it? And since we seem to be making money from other sources than science why should we waste money on science?"

I mean, they are trying to cut goverment funding to everything (with the possible exception of military) but these are among the dumbest justifications so far.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:22:18 am by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9372 on: November 16, 2015, 07:08:31 am »
Oh great, more illiterate savages in government.  Just what the human race needs.  Honestly, it sounds like we need something like Bioshock, and give them an underwater city to run into the ground, leave the rest of us alone.  Give them no more than three generations, and I'm all but certain they'll be so badly inbred due to all but killing eachother off completely that the city will collapse due to some asshole thinking water pressure isn't a thing.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9373 on: November 16, 2015, 07:54:34 am »
Rapture fell in one generation and most people down there were pretty smart.

Ironbite-until ADAM got mixed in.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9374 on: November 16, 2015, 09:29:12 am »
Eeh, I was feeling generous.  More than likely, they won't survive a year.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.