Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076870 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10050 on: June 15, 2016, 04:34:34 pm »
Apparently there are football games going on in Europe or something. The only two things I know about it are a) Russia has been told that their team will get thrown out unless their fans stop breaking stuff and setting up organized attacks against other fans. The Russian government has denied any wrongdoings by Russian fans.

b) One of the Finnish commentators is a woman and for some reason people are now complaining about this. As far as I can tell she actually knows her stuff and all the complaints are mainly claims that a woman has no place in that sport or variations of the word "hag."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10051 on: June 15, 2016, 05:07:21 pm »
Does Putin have OCAD or something?

(Obsessive Compulsive Annexation Disorder)

Specifically, that's where people cannot stop planning to conquer things, and have nervous breakdowns if they or their people do not commit at least one aggressive act or plan one per week.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10052 on: June 15, 2016, 05:23:41 pm »
For the record: That commentator is the coach for the Finnish women's national team. So I can only assume that she knows a thing or two about football.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #10053 on: June 16, 2016, 02:29:37 am »
For the record: That commentator is the coach for the Finnish women's national team. So I can only assume that she knows a thing or two about football.

She'd certainly know more than the average fucktard sitting at home complaining about her that's for sure.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:02:47 am by Katsuro »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10054 on: June 16, 2016, 02:49:52 am »

She'd certainly no more than the average fucktard sitting at home complaining about her that's for sure.

No she doesn't, because for one if she did she wouldn't be coaching a women's team and for another she's a woman and so can't know anything about sports. </average fucktard>
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10055 on: June 17, 2016, 10:03:14 am »
My birthday trackball needs replacing.  It sucks because I really like it, but apparently the Logitech M570 has this issue where the microswitches that control the clicks are really shitty build quality.  I'd replace them, but decent soldering tools would cost more than a replacement.  Thankfully, I have an old, wired trackball that I can use til my replacement gets here, but its got the ball in the front centre instead of at the thumb, so I'm having to re-learn how to use the bloody thing.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10056 on: June 18, 2016, 12:08:48 am »
Minecraft is the ONLY game I've encountered that, even after crashing, continues to fuck system performance in the ass.  Seriously, the fucker crashed on me twenty minutes ago, and it just took 15 seconds to open a simple explorer window.  What.  The.  FUCK, Mojang?  How do you fuck something up THAT BADLY?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10057 on: June 18, 2016, 01:12:41 am »
The enemies in a place called Irithyll in Dark Souls 3 are so mean that its literally random if you survive them. No matter how your level advances, at any point you step in there, one Pontiff Knight might be enough to kill you.

These are foes who come in three or more usually, and who attack and move extremely fast and have a super laser sword move that usually auto-kills you.

Then you get into their Fire Witch superiors, who can kill you with fire that goes through buildings, fire that flies through the air, and fire that erupts under you, sending you flying and possibly stunlocking you if the Irithyllian Slaves, basically invisible claymore wielding witches, get too close to you. And if you try and get wise and run in to attack, chances are either the Irithyllian slaves kill you via stunlock, or more Pontiff Knights suddenly walk over and attack, or the Fire Witch fucking stabs you with its Fire Spear and burns you a few times before throwing you half way across the map.

After which it fireblasts you somehow and you die.

So there's that.

But the area's meanness is perhaps best illustrated by the giant dog that attacks you when you so much as try to enter Irithyll. You only need kill the giant dog once.

But its a giant dog that...well...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:14:23 am by niam2023 »

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #10058 on: June 18, 2016, 01:49:27 am »
It's Dark Souls. What did you expect?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10059 on: June 18, 2016, 02:53:39 am »
It also materializes behind you, rushes extremely fast, turns around quickly, has non-euclidian hitbox detection, and...it breaths lightning.

It is a giant dog. That breaths lightning bolts.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10060 on: June 18, 2016, 03:09:09 am »
Is this the point where were are supposed to say "git gud" and laugh at him?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10061 on: June 18, 2016, 04:50:42 am »
And this adds another notch to the "Reasons Zygarde will never play Dark Souls for as long as they live" list.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10062 on: June 18, 2016, 12:47:40 pm »
Well, I got good and killed the bridge dog.

And then I found a reservoir area with two of them. And due to the water, my character becomes extra weak to the Gigadogs' lightning breath.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10063 on: June 19, 2016, 01:55:43 pm »
Strangely enough, it annoys me greatly when I hear politicians say things like "the attack at Orlando was an attack on all Americans". Bullshit. It was an attack on gay and trans people, not Americans.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Even Then

« Reply #10064 on: June 19, 2016, 02:48:55 pm »
THANK you. I know I'm looking at this from an outsider's perspective, but I think American politicians don't really get to cry about an attack on America when the gay panic defence isn't off the books anywhere but Cali, Obama got sued for supporting transgender bathroom shit and North Carolina... exists.