Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073730 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10200 on: September 13, 2016, 10:42:35 pm »
Exactamundo.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10201 on: September 13, 2016, 11:17:38 pm »
Not sure when that started myself (I try to make a distinction between the two since I use both for different things, but I do slip up on occasion.)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10202 on: September 15, 2016, 12:11:49 am »
That time when you have an intense coffee craving and its midnight, forbidding you from drinking delicious coffee.

Also, apparently about 2/3rds of my discrete math class are idiots.  Prof. put up a few examples of sets (NFL players, teams, cities, and states) to show what amounted to nested method calls.  Put up a bit of sample data on the board, and people kept getting his questions wrong because they were just thinking about the sample on the board and not the rules on the exact same fucking board that had just been defined.  It took all my power to not facepalm and/or headdesk, it was so.  FUCKING.  PAINFUL.  And this is, technically, a comp-sci class.  These people can't even fucking logic, and they think they can handle code?  I wouldn't let them handle basic fucking algebra!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10203 on: September 15, 2016, 05:37:39 pm »
I'm remember one of the reasons I fucking hate Java: its like all the fucking IDEs were made by the same team of retarded chimps.

Doing a project for 240 (why we don't use a real fucking language like C# is beyond me, but whatever) and I misnamed a file.  No big, right?  Just rename it and be done.  FUCKING NOPE.  Apparently, that causes NetBeans to complete and utterly LOSE ITS GOD DAMNED MIND and refuse to open any code files at all, even after multiple restarts of the IDE.  I've tried Eclipse, and its the slowest, most ass-backwards piece of utter, complete shit I've ever had the misfortune of using, and I am now adding NetBeans to that list because fuck me if I wanna rename a fucking file, right?!  Let's see if this new, free version of IntelliJ is any better.  It had better be, because I know for a fact that I have better than even chances of one of my prospective teammates owning a Mac and, if memory serves, Visual Studio doesn't work on anything other than Windows.  Because fuck me if I want a IDE that just god damned fucking works and doesn't force me through ten thousand billion fucking hoops just to make a simple fucking project and add crap to it.

I'm almost tempted to do this dumbass project all in C# anyway as a protest because Java is complete fucking bullshit.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10204 on: September 19, 2016, 04:43:53 am »
Is Reddit supposed to add a thousand different subreddits to "my subreddits" on every new account when it is created? Because I only put two in there but now can't find them on my phone since there are too damn many. I'll start unsubscribing after work but doing it on my phone is just too time consuming.

If I want to subscribe to something I will damn well do it myself.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10205 on: September 19, 2016, 08:47:24 am »
Must be a new thing, they didn't do that to me, I think...

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10206 on: September 19, 2016, 09:30:52 am »
At least on my computer it was easier to go through the list and unsubscribe them by the numbers.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10207 on: September 19, 2016, 03:27:52 pm »
Sister's dog Puddles died this morning.

Ironbite-not a great year for my sister.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10208 on: September 23, 2016, 04:54:43 am »
Animal rights group attacks a farm and... Starts killing the animals? EVR (Animal Liberation Front) attacked a farm in Finland, sabotaged all the machinery and equipment they could and as a result 2000 chickens are now dead with 3000 more in bad health.

Not cool. Source in Finnish http://www.kaleva.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/aktivistit-tukehduttivat-ainakin-2-000-kanaa-narpiossa/339967/

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10209 on: September 23, 2016, 06:23:12 am »
Animal rights group attacks a farm and... Starts killing the animals? EVR (Animal Liberation Front) attacked a farm in Finland, sabotaged all the machinery and equipment they could and as a result 2000 chickens are now dead with 3000 more in bad health.

Not cool. Source in Finnish http://www.kaleva.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/aktivistit-tukehduttivat-ainakin-2-000-kanaa-narpiossa/339967/

Yes, but at least they're dying free!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10210 on: September 23, 2016, 06:32:10 am »
Technically the chickens choked to death in their cages... Because the air vents stopped circulating new air. But at least no one gets to eat those chickens so the ALF can call it a win right?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10211 on: September 23, 2016, 07:18:19 am »
Technically the chickens choked to death in their cages...
So basically, they've been choking the chicken?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10212 on: September 23, 2016, 07:39:04 am »
...You are technically correct.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10213 on: September 23, 2016, 07:58:08 am »
Wait, I thought the ALF was an American thing.  Yeah, we have those domestic terrorists here, too.  Just goes to show that all you need to get away with terrorism is some skin bleach and to call yourself "Chad."

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10214 on: September 23, 2016, 08:48:57 am »
Well its called EVR in Finland but it means the same thing. Could be that these are separate organizations but both are animal rights groups that do sabotage.