Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072437 times)

Offline Gst0395

• Apprentice
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2085 on: September 04, 2012, 08:04:51 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbS8Alai_hw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbS8Alai_hw</a>

(Not my cat, but that's almost exactly the noise she's been making for the last day or so.)
Reminds me of that South Park episode where Cartman's cat (Mr. Kitty) is constantly making a similar noise because he/she is in heat, much like your cat I should say. It was the episode "Cat Orgy" in Season 3. As for your cat though, I hope you can sort her out. I personally find that noise rather cute.
Youtube: Gst0395
Pixar Planet: Geoff-uk1234

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2086 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:07 am »
Like hearing those faint sounds most people can't even process consciously.  Tis both a blessing and a curse.

I'm the only person I know (in real life) who can hear when a tv is on just by the high pitched sound it makes. I can also smell when rain is coming.

I remember mentioning this on the old forum and a couple people said that they could sense those things too. Feels good to not be a freak or crazy.

I can do both of those things, I won't even turn the TV up in my room on because the whine drives me crazy
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2087 on: September 04, 2012, 09:57:05 am »
I can hear the whine too.  I can also smell rain coming as well as snow.

We should be superheroes.   Albeit the most boring superheroes of all.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2088 on: September 04, 2012, 09:59:58 am »
Most people can't smell rain coming?
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2089 on: September 04, 2012, 10:15:31 am »
*Shrugs*  I was just going by what was said in the thread.

Offline Sandafluffoid

• Bishop
  • Defective Detective
« Reply #2090 on: September 04, 2012, 11:36:16 am »
There's no paraphrases therefor the answer is 1.

Ironbite-unless they're invisible in which case I have no fucking clue.
Actually it's 7.

Art Vandelay- Division and multiplication first, followed by addition and subtraction.
Hang on, that doesn't sound right to me, unless I have misunderstood this. If I am getting the process right the order should go 6-([1*0]+[2/2]), which gives 6-(0+1) and thus 5, not 7.
Oh look it's me.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2091 on: September 04, 2012, 11:41:08 am »
My sister's cat was in heat a few weeks ago.
I thought it was hilarious.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2092 on: September 04, 2012, 12:30:54 pm »

Actually it's 7.

Art Vandelay- Division and multiplication first, followed by addition and subtraction.
Hang on, that doesn't sound right to me, unless I have misunderstood this. If I am getting the process right the order should go 6-([1*0]+[2/2]), which gives 6-(0+1) and thus 5, not 7.

6-1*0+2/2

6 - 1*0 + 2/2

6 - 0 + 1

RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2093 on: September 04, 2012, 03:57:08 pm »

Actually it's 7.

It's [6-[1x0]]+[2/2]. Subtraction and addition are of equal priority, so they're calculated sequentially.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sandafluffoid

• Bishop
  • Defective Detective
« Reply #2094 on: September 04, 2012, 04:10:03 pm »

Actually it's 7.

It's [6-[1x0]]+[2/2]. Subtraction and addition are of equal priority, so they're calculated sequentially.
Ah yes, I'd forgotten that bit about doing subtraction and addition at equal priority, I was wondering where I went wrong, thanks for correcting me.
Oh look it's me.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2095 on: September 04, 2012, 04:46:56 pm »
Like hearing those faint sounds most people can't even process consciously.  Tis both a blessing and a curse.

I'm the only person I know (in real life) who can hear when a tv is on just by the high pitched sound it makes. I can also smell when rain is coming.

I remember mentioning this on the old forum and a couple people said that they could sense those things too. Feels good to not be a freak or crazy.

DUDE.  I can hear that, too.  It really gets on my fucking nerves.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2096 on: September 04, 2012, 09:13:44 pm »
When someone texts me, "Hey, what's up?" and after I respond, they don't text back for an hour, later saying, "Lol, I'm at work." Then why the fuck did you text me? You're quite mistaken if you think I'll attempt to carry on a conversation that consists of a response every hour or two.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2097 on: September 06, 2012, 10:57:46 am »
Whenever I see an asterisk after "trans."

I'm sick of this "oh its more inclusive" thing. No its not, its a stupid thing done by internet hipsters so they can bitch and moan about how big bad QueenofHearts is a bigot. Kind of like that whole "tumblr SJW thread" how people come up with new reasons to cry bigotry. If you want to come up with an umbrella term (I feel genderqueer is a perfect one....) then come up with a better umbrella term, or just say "the trans community." This asterisk crap is a giant difference that makes no difference and is therefore a waste of time.

That may or may not have been building up for a while.

Distind

« Reply #2098 on: September 06, 2012, 11:12:43 am »

I'm sick of this "oh its more inclusive" thing. No its not, its a stupid thing done by internet hipsters so they can bitch and moan about how big bad QueenofHearts is a bigot. Kind of like that whole "tumblr SJW thread" how people come up with new reasons to cry bigotry. If you want to come up with an umbrella term (I feel genderqueer is a perfect one....) then come up with a better umbrella term, or just say "the trans community." This asterisk crap is a giant difference that makes no difference and is therefore a waste of time.

I'd find it less frustrating if it didn't leave me looking for a foot note each damn time. I've been considering suggesting alternate special characters that can be used as anything for matching purposes, but I rather figured % would fall on deaf ears.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2099 on: September 06, 2012, 12:44:31 pm »

I'd find it less frustrating if it didn't leave me looking for a foot note each damn time. I've been considering suggesting alternate special characters that can be used as anything for matching purposes, but I rather figured % would fall on deaf ears.

THIS.  I ALWAYS do that.  My eyes automatically dart to the bottom of the post to look for associating info... only to find none.  Then I'm like,  'Oh yeah it's that * thing again...'