Author Topic: The Alcohol Thread  (Read 15680 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: The Alcohol Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 08:58:42 am »
Part of the reason I had no interest in getting drunk as a teen was because I'd tried beer at 3, and hated it.  (My tastes have changed.)  Basically, I didn't see the point in breaking the law just to have something I didn't like anyway.

That, and I had serious impulse-control issues sober.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 05:07:28 pm »
Why is this thread so far back? Alcohol is always relevant:

My sister bought me some awesome scotch from the Balvenie.

Aslo, here's a dirty girl scout for y'all.

1 oz vodka
1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
1 oz Bailey's Irish cream
1 oz white creme de menthe

Mix the vodka, kahlua and bailey's and pour over ice. Pour the creme de menthe down the center of the glass.

I had this one. It's fucking amazing.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:20 pm »
Everclear hurts the Shane. It hurts him good. But not in a good way that Shane likes. :(

I also tried some stella artois and some military buds left some other Belgian beer I forget the name of.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 05:16:34 pm »

Well yeah. It's 75%. That's almost as bad as Bacardi 151.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 05:17:28 pm »
What's bad is I still didn't really get drunk like people say they do when they have a bit of Everclear. I think my body is broken.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 05:28:02 pm »
For every digit of a made up number that anti-choicers use against PP, we take a shot of everclear. Who is down for this?
* gyeonghwa raises hand

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 06:22:31 pm »
I'm not a big cocktail or mixed drink kind of person.  I generally prefer beer, but I do like the occasional glass of Jack or Crown.  And I do like vodka on occasions.  I tried to look on Youtube for the scene in Inuyasha and Miroku were drunk, but couldn't find it.  Then I realized that there were several scenes in the whole anime where someone or another was drunk.
All things are no-thing.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 06:39:29 pm »

Well yeah. It's 75%. That's almost as bad as Bacardi 151.

You got the wrong bottle, it should say 190 proof. And no, I won't take a straight shot of it for anything. I was pressured into it once with others at a friend's birthday party and it was the worst decision I have ever made. Although in retrospect I was one of two people who didn't puke that night so it was much worse for many other people.

But on the whole everclear thing, I bought a liter of it for $21, which I am pretty sure is the cheapest way to get drunk if you're into that thing. Also of note, the 190 brand is not sold in all states*. For example it is not sold in Virginia (a point made extremely moot by the fact the Potomac River is property of Maryland).

*Edit: Wikipedia says the 190 variety is illegal to be sold in the following states California, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.
Edit2: Took off WV reference as it is illegal to be sold there, stupid people IRL telling me otherwise  >:(
Edit3: I may have to try that dirty girl scout, it looks good.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:47:31 pm by QueenofHearts »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 07:12:52 pm »
I don't think I'm a big fan of dark ale. I want to like it. I'm told it's really good. But... I like the lighter beers. I like my stella and my kriek.

&

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 06:30:18 am »
I like a shot of vodka added to chocolate milk. Best hot chocolate I ever had included a shot of Kahlua.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 03:27:02 pm »
I like a shot of vodka added to chocolate milk. Best hot chocolate I ever had included a shot of Kahlua.

Nah, what you want to be doing there is getting some Baileys and a chocolate shot cup. Fill the cup with the Baileys and drop it into hot milk (or and already made hot chocolate depending on tastes). Fuckin' lovely.

Best on I ever had was when I was at the York Christmas Market. The guy on the stall had this massive vat of milk he was heating up and just chucking slabs of chocolate in. Then he'd do the thing with the Baileys and the chocolate shotamajigg.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 03:43:05 pm »
I hate Baileys!
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 03:51:53 pm »
Hmm. Yes, I can see how that could pose a trifling problem to the whole affair.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 03:52:53 pm »
My dad thinks I'm nuts cause I like sour apple schnapps. And I don't mix it with anything.

&

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 06:10:03 pm »
First thing to say-I can not stand to drink beer.  To me, all beer is extremely bitter and tastes awful.  But that's just me.  Most people I know say they love the taste of beer.  But not me.

Now, that being said, I do like the so-called "Barbie beers."  Especially Smirnoff Ice.  I fucking loves me some Smirnoff Ice.  There is nothing better with hot wings than to put an SI in the freezer and let it get very cold along with a glass mug.  I've had them to completely slush up when pouring it into the mug.  The colder it is, the better.

I also like mixed drinks, especially sour ones;  whiskey sours, Tom Collins or Vodka Collins, Cruzan Orange Rum with sour mix, mojitos, etc.  And margaritas. 

There are some wines I like, but my favorite type is a Riesling.  They are usually semi-sweet without being too sweet.  Don't like a dry wine worth a damn. Don't care for red wines much at all.  Favorite wine of all?  Principato Rosata at Olive Garden.  If you look hard enough, you can find the Principato line of wines in some wine shops without paying the premium price at OG.

It may sound like I'm a heavy drinker, but I'm not.  I'll usually have one to two drinks a week, sometimes more on special occasions or when on vacation.  I seldom get drunk, but have on occasion.  I have never gotten to the point of blacking out.

But, yeah.  Yay, alcohol.

The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.