Author Topic: Texas orders pregnant woman with a DNR order to be kept on life support  (Read 27823 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Texas orders pregnant woman with a DNR order to be kept on life support
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2014, 03:37:56 pm »
So, the story appeared on Yahoo! news, and there was this comment:

The article makes it sound like this woman was like Lazarus - dead so long his body had started to stink in his tomb. Obviously, she was not deprived of oxygen all that long. Even with a ventilator, there is no way to bring back a stone cold corpse whose vital organs have died. Also, the baby would have died and been miscarried long ago. I think this whole business about it being horribly deformed is a lie told only to get sympathy for killing it. Possibly the husband is disgusted that the child is growing in the belly of his dead wife. Fine. Let him give it up for adoption at birth.

Pro-lifer's view is so black and white that they absolutely refuse to believe the fetus could be horribly deformed because it doesn't match up with their limited medical knowledge.  Also, nice how they try to imply the husband is some kind of monster for daring to be disgusted at the thought of using his dead wife's body as an incubator.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:41:01 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2014, 03:40:24 pm »
<heads explodes before I can head-desk>
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2014, 03:48:58 pm »

Ironbite-there...there are no words.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2014, 03:49:09 pm »
So, the story appeared on Yahoo! news, and there was this comment:

The article makes it sound like this woman was like Lazarus - dead so long his body had started to stink in his tomb. Obviously, she was not deprived of oxygen all that long. Even with a ventilator, there is no way to bring back a stone cold corpse whose vital organs have died. Also, the baby would have died and been miscarried long ago. I think this whole business about it being horribly deformed is a lie told only to get sympathy for killing it. Possibly the husband is disgusted that the child is growing in the belly of his dead wife. Fine. Let him give it up for adoption at birth.

Pro-lifer's view is so black and white that they absolutely refuse to believe the fetus could be horribly deformed because it doesn't match up with their limited medical knowledge.  Also, nice how they try to imply the husband is some kind of monster for daring to be disgusted at the thought of using his dead wife's body as an incubator.

They see nothing wrong with their monstrous behaviour.  Yet they'd be amongst the crowds attempting to kill Frankenstein's monster.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2014, 08:12:50 pm »
Still got till Monday.

Ironbite-I want her off now.

wrightway

« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2014, 08:46:41 pm »
The assholes are still at it.

This is horse crap. What man or woman wants to kill a baby on top of losing a significant other!? Who wants to lose their wife and murder their baby? Who wouldnt want to give their unborn child a chance? This guy who has no heart! Thats who! Just not content with his wife dying. had to kill their child. probably killed his wife too. Is there no one that will protect a child?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2014, 09:00:40 pm »
THE CHILD PROBABLY WON'...know what?

Ironbite-not worth it.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2014, 09:05:18 pm »
"probably killed his wife too."

Are you fucking kidding me? Please take your stupidity and get the fuck off this planet, because I can't even.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2014, 09:06:22 pm »
Wants to die after reading that

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2014, 09:07:08 pm »
I'm on the fence when it comes to abortion, but I think that if the baby is going to have a short, miserable life, it's better to give it a mercy killing.

wrightway

« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2014, 09:08:25 pm »
That was said on the MSN facebook page. I'd like to hold onto my belief that people messaged her and told her what a bitch she is.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2014, 12:12:14 am »
I just checked out the facebook page.  Full of religion thumping pro-lifers who are puking out a bunch of anecdotes ("they said the same thing about my/my friend's/this baby and everything turned out fine!") to prove that they should "give the baby a chance!", including one slippery sloper who said "if we're going to start aborting disabled babies, why not just kill disabled people already born?" 

I have never seen something so disgustingly selfish as forcing horrible defects on a person, which is what would happen if this thing is born, just so you could sleep better at night with that warm, fuzzy self-righteous feeling knowing your morals were enforced.  Would any fucking one of you pro-lifers voluntarily give up your mental or physical abilities to live the existence you want to force children to be born with?  If given the choice, would you want to make yourself disabled or give yourself horrible defects?  If given the choice, would you want yourself to be born with these things from the start, or would you choose to be born healthy?  If you would personally choose not to have any of these befall you, then why would you force it on a child?  Oh right, "because it's God's plan and absolutely nothing is worse than dying/not existing!"  Why do I get the feeling that the ones who say this are usually relatively healthy compared to the kinds of defects and disabilities they want to force these children to be born with?

Of course, knowing them, all they'd get out if this is "Oh, so you're saying all disabled people would be better off not existing/dead?"  No, what I'm saying is that I don't think many disabled people would willingly choose to let their own conditions plague other people or wish others to be born with them, so why do you guys think it's perfectly acceptable to subject these "innocent babies" to an existence you not only don't have to personally experience, but also wouldn't wish on yourself?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:27:07 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2014, 12:18:37 am »
Good news.

And lol those anecdotes. I have also heard from foster care children who said it would be better had abortion been available to their mothers because some of things that happens to kids in our foster care system is suck. And while he was lucky enough to go to college many other just enter the prison cycle. Prolifers never bring up those anecdotes though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:20:21 am by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2014, 04:06:48 am »
Awesome how our pets get to die with greater dignity than we do because fuck you.