Author Topic: The Winter Olympics: Sochi 2014  (Read 14149 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: The Winter Olympics: Sochi 2014
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 02:18:00 am »
Now this sounds interesting enough to make me give a damn about the Olympics now.

Chit, do you mind posting those photos you mentioned and any others you happen upon?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 02:20:08 am »
This is a collection that College Humor created. The only ones that are confirmed inaccurate are Steven Rosenberg's (apparently that's actually a storage closet converted from a bathroom) and Sebastian Toutant's (that's a novelty sign).
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 02:45:31 am »
Guys, it just fucking hit me...

The reason they'e having all these building design problems is because the sent all the gay guys to Siberia! The good news is that I hear the Vorkuta gulag now has wonderful interior design and the coal mines are just fabulous.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 04:56:39 am »
The only thing I enjoy about these Olympics is the hockey.  I just watched the US Women kick the crap out of the Swiss, 9-0.  And as for Japan, it's pretty bad when their coach is satisfied with a 0-1 loss.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 11:31:04 am »

Now this is embarrassing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 11:36:46 am »
Graphics guy musta been dizzy from drinking the beer colored tap water....
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 01:43:04 pm »
This is a collection that College Humor created. The only ones that are confirmed inaccurate are Steven Rosenberg's (apparently that's actually a storage closet converted from a bathroom) and Sebastian Toutant's (that's a novelty sign).

I don't get why the triple room the mens hockey team is staying in is on that list.

Yeah, it's very basic, but nothing about it jumps out as being particularly awful. It's not like the other photos that have dodgy toilets, undrinkable water and unfinished rooms.

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 01:43:28 pm »

I don't get why the triple room the mens hockey team is staying in is on that list.

Yeah, it's very basic, but nothing about it jumps out as being particularly awful. It's not like the other photos that have dodgy toilets, undrinkable tap water and unfinished rooms.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 01:53:14 pm »

Don't hocky teams normally have a lot more than 3 people in them?

I just hope this one is completely genuine.  The mind boggles (and conjures up some pretty hilarious images) as to what they were thinking with this:

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 02:01:09 pm »

Don't hocky teams normally have a lot more than 3 people in them?

I just hope this one is completely genuine.  The mind boggles (and conjures up some pretty hilarious images) as to what they were thinking with this:

The tweet says its one of the rooms their hocky team is staying in. So presumably they have other rooms as well.

As for the chairs in the toilets, that's just weird.

The only rational explanation I can think of is that they needed to get some chairs out of the way at some point, stuck them in there and then completely forgot about it.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 03:27:26 pm »
When I first saw the chairs in front of the toilet picture, a comment further down translated the Russian text as; "Toilet and the scoring judges' chairs" ;D
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 04:15:04 pm »

Now this is embarrassing.

I'll admit, I spent several minutes counting and recounting the medal count, until my eyes shifted over and I noticed it.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 05:34:37 pm »
I like our new maple leaf flag! Always thought the stars and stripes were way too busy a pattern.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 07:43:53 pm »
I like our new maple leaf flag! Always thought the stars and stripes were way too busy a pattern.

It was like the American peoples thought "Hmm, the British flag isn't gaudy enough, how can we make ours even GAUDIER?  I know!"

(Sorry, Brits, your flag is pretty damn gaudy.  Not as gaudy as ours, but still.)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 08:47:19 pm »

It was like the American peoples thought "Hmm, the British flag isn't gaudy enough, how can we make ours even GAUDIER?  I know!"

(Sorry, Brits, your flag is pretty damn gaudy.  Not as gaudy as ours, but still.)

To be fair it is three flags combined into one.

And just imagine how much gaudier it could be if we included the Welsh flag by adding a big red dragon to it.