Author Topic: The Winter Olympics: Sochi 2014  (Read 14192 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: The Winter Olympics: Sochi 2014
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2014, 08:49:11 pm »
I like our new maple leaf flag! Always thought the stars and stripes were way too busy a pattern.

It was like the American peoples thought "Hmm, the British flag isn't gaudy enough, how can we make ours even GAUDIER?  I know!"

(Sorry, Brits, your flag is pretty damn gaudy.  Not as gaudy as ours, but still.)

To be fair it is three flags combined into one.

And just imagine how much gaudier it could be if we included the Welsh flag by adding a big red dragon to it.

Why did we NOT add a dragon?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2014, 08:58:36 pm »
I like our new maple leaf flag! Always thought the stars and stripes were way too busy a pattern.

It was like the American peoples thought "Hmm, the British flag isn't gaudy enough, how can we make ours even GAUDIER?  I know!"

(Sorry, Brits, your flag is pretty damn gaudy.  Not as gaudy as ours, but still.)

And just imagine how much gaudier it could be if we included the Welsh flag by adding a big red dragon to it.

How about something more American, like a rattlesnake or a bald eagle?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2014, 09:02:54 pm »

No dragons in our Mythology.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2014, 09:04:56 pm »

Maybe you could add an american mythological creature.

Bigfoot perhaps?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2014, 09:12:55 pm »
The way we tend to stomp around like a 900lb gorilla as it is, yeah, why not Sasquatch?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2014, 09:53:26 pm »

You seem to be missing the point.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 10:08:39 pm »
You asked a question, I gave an answer.

Ironbite-suck on it.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2014, 12:59:51 pm »
So some American evangelicals went to Sochi to protest homosexuality. It think picture perfectly illustrated how it turned out.

That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2014, 01:19:25 pm »

And just imagine how much more awesome it could be if we included the Welsh flag by adding a big red dragon to it.
FTFY.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2014, 01:48:09 pm »
If the flag had a dragon on it I think I could actually feel some sort of pride in it.

Stupid dragon hating founding fathers D:<
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2014, 07:25:57 am »
Not that I've been following particularly closely, but I have noticed that the only time Australia ever seems to win anything is when the other athletes fuck up sufficiently. Not surprising, considering the general climate over here, but it's quite funny that our medal tally isn't so much a testament to the quality of our competitors, but rather to the fuck ups of everyone else's.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2014, 08:40:27 am »
And just how blatantly obvious it is that this town was no where near prepared for the Olympics.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2014, 11:33:18 am »
Sochi is nearly equivalent to having Charleston, South Carolina host a winter Olympics. Interesting to guess how many of the 51 billion, not the stolen part, will go into procuring imported and manmade snow by the Games' end.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 11:52:28 am »
Sochi is nearly equivalent to having Charleston, South Carolina host a winter Olympics. Interesting to guess how many of the 51 billion, not the stolen part, will go into procuring imported and manmade snow by the Games' end.

They already spent more than the cost of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics just building the road from Sochi to the site of the games in the mountains.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2014, 11:19:00 am »

No olympic medal for the Russian hockey team again, we (Finland, muthafucka) just wiped them out of the quarterfinals. Again we'll be competing for a medal for the 4th time in the last 5 olympics. we gon' git ya, Sweden!