Author Topic: Quinnspiracy  (Read 59781 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Quinnspiracy
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2014, 12:55:53 am »
Ravy I hate to tell you but Quinn got nothing out of "sleeping" with these guys.  Not even a more favorable mention on their websites.  Also we don't know if she actually cheated on this guy.  All we have to go on is some evidence that could be faked and is from a very bitter man.

Ironbite-also I thought Zoey Quinn was a lesbian so this confused the fuck outta me.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:12 am »
Ironbite-also I thought Zoey Quinn was a lesbian so this confused the fuck outta me.
You're probably thinking of Zoey Proasheck.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2014, 02:26:52 am »
What are we even arguing about?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2014, 03:52:52 am »
ZOE QUINN CHEATED ME AT POKER ONE TIME!

SHE IS A LIAR, A THIEF, A SCOUNDREL, A CRUSADER, A REBEL, AND A MEMBER OF THE NWO!!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 03:59:24 am »
ZOE QUINN CHEATED ME AT POKER ONE TIME!

SHE IS A LIAR, A THIEF, A SCOUNDREL, A CRUSADER, A REBEL, AND A MEMBER OF THE NWO!!
SAPPED MAH SENTRY!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2014, 09:00:12 am »

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 01:12:25 pm »
This sums up so much of what's wrong with gaming journalists' mindset right now:

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2014, 01:25:37 pm »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2014, 02:19:40 pm »
FUCKING SERIOUSLY? fun is a meaningless "ideal"? What a pretentious twat.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2014, 02:39:45 pm »
This, combined with the protest to "shut down Steam", makes me think these people don't actually want change, they just want to piss people off. It's a brilliant strategy, really, get enough people pissed off that they start raging at you endlessly, then you can claim that you're the victim, and that it's all just a bunch of bullies attacking you.

Unfortunately, you start condemning things like fun in games and no one, but no one wants to listen to you anymore. Keep your SJW bullshit out of my entertainment, please.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2014, 02:46:04 pm »
Ya know, you say that sex isn't currency, but I've seen folks treat it an awful lot like money.  Fuck the professor, get good grades.  Fuck your boss, keep from getting fired.  Fuck a politician, get their vote or even get famous enough to get a book deal so you can seal your financial success for the rest of your life.  If you claim "sex is just a means to an end," then...so is money.  Money is a means to get food, shelter, water, and pretty much everything but the air you breathe.  There are more forms of currency than just money.

Also, gaming journalism has been corrupt since long before it became a big thing in the internet.  Hell, journalism in general has been fucked for generations.  It'd be nice if all journalists were honest, hard-working people who wouldn't take a bribe, but alas, we live in the real world.  However, calling this bullshit out when it happens is perfectly acceptable, if you ask me.  Shine a light on the mold, maybe you'll do some damage to it.

Except that, like I said, Quinn got nothing out of it and, also like I said, if this were about journalism, it would have been focused Nathan Greyson. I never said that game journalism doesn't have ethics issues, quite the opposite, actually, but this entire controversy has NOTHING to do with journalism.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2014, 02:54:11 pm »
This, combined with the protest to "shut down Steam", makes me think these people don't actually want change, they just want to piss people off. It's a brilliant strategy, really, get enough people pissed off that they start raging at you endlessly, then you can claim that you're the victim, and that it's all just a bunch of bullies attacking you.

Unfortunately, you start condemning things like fun in games and no one, but no one wants to listen to you anymore. Keep your SJW bullshit out of my entertainment, please.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2014, 03:18:36 pm »
Ya know, you say that sex isn't currency, but I've seen folks treat it an awful lot like money.  Fuck the professor, get good grades.  Fuck your boss, keep from getting fired.  Fuck a politician, get their vote or even get famous enough to get a book deal so you can seal your financial success for the rest of your life.  If you claim "sex is just a means to an end," then...so is money.  Money is a means to get food, shelter, water, and pretty much everything but the air you breathe.  There are more forms of currency than just money.

Also, gaming journalism has been corrupt since long before it became a big thing in the internet.  Hell, journalism in general has been fucked for generations.  It'd be nice if all journalists were honest, hard-working people who wouldn't take a bribe, but alas, we live in the real world.  However, calling this bullshit out when it happens is perfectly acceptable, if you ask me.  Shine a light on the mold, maybe you'll do some damage to it.

Except that, like I said, Quinn got nothing out of it and, also like I said, if this were about journalism, it would have been focused Nathan Greyson. I never said that game journalism doesn't have ethics issues, quite the opposite, actually, but this entire controversy has NOTHING to do with journalism.

For once, I agree with UP. You're full of shit. The matter is that people are focusing on the "Five Guys" as well. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:22:15 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2014, 03:19:18 pm »
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I always do. That or I hit the nail on the finger. My finger.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2014, 04:39:33 pm »

What do you mean "These people".
If you're trying to passive aggressively refer to Saskeriaadnfdsfa and people who follow her then this is stupid.
For one, considering saskgn-fuckit, the video game feminism woman has received rape and death threats that have driven her out of her home, I would say she is in full right to call herself a victim. 

And I highly doubt a stupid article from somewhere and a misguided petition to inconvenience thousands are proof that there's some massive movement to "Ruin games".

If you're referring to the No-fun article then, yeah, it's stupid, although ultimately irrelevant.