Author Topic: Quinnspiracy  (Read 59802 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Quinnspiracy
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2014, 09:05:10 am »
We need a massive scandal involving a gate, somehow.  That way, maybe people will call it "Gategate," and at least the recursion will be enough to mildly amuse me whilst the perpetuation of the -gate meme simultaneously annoys me.

http://thingsboganslike.com/2012/03/07/251-gates/
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2014, 09:26:27 am »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2014, 01:46:01 pm »
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2014, 11:03:37 pm »

I thought the cartoonist hates the Internet.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2014, 11:17:40 pm »

I thought the cartoonist hates the Internet.

He doesn't, it's just that some of his characters do.

But anyway, Al Jazeera has something to say.

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201409032102-0024126

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2014, 06:00:25 am »
#gamergate if gamers are this mad about commerce infecting every aspect of video games, wait til they discover Everything Else In Society

Normally folks on the other side would get mad when somebody uses the "things are worse somewhere else, so why are you complaining?" line to them.

Also, This hastag popped up recently, for people in minority groups who agree with #GamerGate

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2014, 09:21:53 am »
You know, before people blindly latch onto this "movement," maybe they should shows us that there is, you know, actual rampant corruption? I have yet to see anyone actually source their claims of corruption. Mostly the tag has been people insisting that GamerGate isn't misogynist and that there's no misogyny and that anyone who disagrees is the REAL bigot.

Anthony Birch (writer of Borderlands 2) made a good point last night on his twitter. He pointed out that he has a friend at Destructoid that reviewed two of the Borderlands 2 expansions, both of which he wrote. This being an example of a real conflict of interest, why isn't GamerGate demanding his head on a platter?
Who needs a signature?

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2014, 10:34:29 am »
Also, This hastag popped up recently, for people in minority groups who agree with #GamerGate
Completely unrelated to the matter at hand... Does anybody else gets the same background as I did when I went to see that hashtag? Namely, the red-yellow cloud-spiral thingy?
(click to show/hide)

Because that's an image I MADE. (link to my deviantart) And I'm pissed about that.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2014, 11:05:02 am »
The reason Anthony Burch hasn't been getting as much shit because most people because the rest of us only found out about that shit when he just now kindly volunteered that information, so that's a stupid point on his part. I'm going to simply continue my boycott of Gearbox games after their complete shitshow of an Aliens game. Hope Sega sue them into the fucking ground.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2014, 11:27:37 am »
There's also been about 10 hours since and, nope, no one is calling Destructoid corrupt and no one is sending death threats to Burch over him bein friends with bloggers and journalists (as well as a former writer for Destructoid)

Further, this shows my point that GamerGate supporters don't actually know what they're talking about. They handed an example of conflict of interest by Burch and their response is to largely ignore it. I'm not going to jump at calling misogyny, but it shows that there is a disconnect between their actions and their claims.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:33:41 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2014, 11:40:21 am »

Oops, it seems like the campaign of harassment and defamation we have led in the name of "GamerGate", is actually having a real, negative impact on the lives of people whose only fault was to be on the other side of the debate.

What should we do in response? Why, even more us-versus-them mentality, of course, with a new feel-good hashtag to show how diverse the people on OUR SIDE are.

I can only hope that the chauvinistic gaming-culture dickheads lose control of the situation, and get finally sent back to their Internet shitholes by the very same silent majority they have managed to raise as a shield around them - see what I did there? But there's no way this is going to happen, not the least because the various minorties that compose this silent majority are just as prejudiced and conformist as anyone else. Those lying fuckers are only gaining more credibility with the wider gaming community from the affair.

One last thing. Adam Baldwin is quickly becoming a gaming icon by spouting NewsCorp propaganda. That's all there is to say about the change in discourse that we should expect from the gaming community, what kind of mentality the industry might now cater to more than ever before, and how sincere this whole indignation against corruption in journalism really is.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2014, 01:21:45 pm »
Completely unrelated to the matter at hand... Does anybody else gets the same background as I did when I went to see that hashtag? Namely, the red-yellow cloud-spiral thingy?
(click to show/hide)

Because that's an image I MADE. (link to my deviantart) And I'm pissed about that.

Nope, I'm getting the generic clouds-and-sky thing.
Σא

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2014, 02:45:18 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Nope, I'm getting the generic clouds-and-sky thing.

Same.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2014, 03:39:55 pm »
Moar drama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgW5NRUfs44

I... can't really say anything constructive about the potential veracity of those claims. This is nothing outlandish and the timing for the accusations kinda makes sense, but we should certainly keep in mind how prone for fabricated controversies the current climate is. You be the judge, if you're braver than me and actually skim through the testimonies.

Of course, the fact that this has jack fuck to do with the denunciation of misogyny in the gaming community will do nothing to deter the corrupt journalistic cronies from depicting their favorite fairy tale, nor the chauvinistic scum behind #Gamergate from using it for their reactionary agenda. After all, Zoe Quinn's story wasn't SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN about sexism, either.

Oh, and before any Gamergate cheerleader here may think that I'm being sympathetic with their circlejerk, just because I posted something that made the industry look bad. More evidence that Gamergate, not just the "side" but the conflict itself, is a hopeless lose-lose situation full of hatred and gratuitous brutality and the immaterial, frivolous, first-world-problems equivalent of current situation in the ongoing Syrian civil war. Admittedly with less infighting among the "rebel" factions and more unity behind the ISIS stand-in, but doesn't that really make it worse?
  • This is Tumblr, so I cannot guarantee the owner doesn't (or didn't, or won't) post their own militant crap about how all males, gamers, or male gamers are terrible. But I think the evidence stands by itself.
  • Someone on the other side of the fence created a similar Tumblr. From what I've seen, most exhibits are wholly unremarkable and the owner is an overreactive jackass. Come on, I'm sure there is plenty of interesting stuff coming from the SJW crowd, and better people in the #Gamergate crowd to manage a blog like this.
  • #Gamergate was created as an anti-feminist reaction to the Quinnspiracy. If "gamers" really care about inclusiveness and want to make it all about cronyism among indie devs and journalists, they will have to take over.
  • The glorious 31337 behind #Gamergate. Keep in mind the same group of people is spreading this kind of double-faced propaganda.
  • TW: bad faith. Nothing offensive here, but note the contrast between the title and preface and the ACTUAL petition. Harassment is bad, m'kay? But "the gaming industry" is the source of all hatred! Please help us stop them by signing this pointless petition that implicitly denies any wrongdoing from our part! NOT ALL GAMERS ARE BAD YOU FUCKING CUNTS!

I would like to end this message with an opinion piece from a blog. One that doesn't try to pretend being anything else.

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2014, 01:00:07 am »
(click to show/hide)

It's just your main Twitter background. >.>  If you have the generics, that's what you get.  People like you and I, who have custom backgrounds, will get those.

*offers some chips and dip*
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.