Author Topic: Quinnspiracy  (Read 59779 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Quinnspiracy
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2014, 09:04:33 pm »
So who's Milo Yian and why is he able to confirm/deny a complaint call for someone?

Ironbite-pretty fucking sure that's all forms of ILLEGAL!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2014, 09:05:04 pm »
So who's Milo Yian and why is he able to confirm/deny a complaint call for someone?

Oh?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2014, 09:07:20 pm »
You cannot give out that type of information to the general public while there's any form of investigation.

Ironbite-it compromises all sorts of things.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2014, 09:08:39 pm »
Do police departments actually disclose records of calls to the general public? So I can go to any police department and ask them is a specific person had any dealing with them, and they'd just hand me the information? Assuming this isn't a hoax, I don't think I'm okay with that at all.

Well, ninja-ed by no less than three fucking posts on the matter. So it is a hoax after all. Cool.

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2014, 09:09:12 pm »

He works for Breitbart.com, which makes me a bit wary, but as he's one of the only people involved in this mess doing any actual journalistic investigation, I'm at least going to consider what he says.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2014, 09:14:42 pm »
But again.  Freedom of Information Act only gets you so far.  An active investigation, which I assume the latest round of threats would fall under, wouldn't be available to the public.

Not even the shittiest police department in the world would disclose that...release a video that does nothing but slander a murder victim and try to paint him as some sort of brutish thug but release complaints about an active investigation?

Ironbite-that'd completely undermine any trust the public has in the PD...low as it is right now.

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2014, 09:18:57 pm »
But again.  Freedom of Information Act only gets you so far.  An active investigation, which I assume the latest round of threats would fall under, wouldn't be available to the public.

Not even the shittiest police department in the world would disclose that...release a video that does nothing but slander a murder victim and try to paint him as some sort of brutish thug but release complaints about an active investigation?

Ironbite-that'd completely undermine any trust the public has in the PD...low as it is right now.
My understanding is that they're not allowed to disclose details, but are able to say that something has been reported.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2014, 09:28:00 pm »
Even then...I don't trust this ass.

Ironbite-I trust anyone who's trying to do this less.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2014, 09:28:57 pm »
Even then...I don't trust this ass.

Ironbite-I trust anyone who's trying to do this less.

Wow, I would point out how you're wrong but you just did it for me!
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2014, 09:44:33 pm »
Just by being affiliated with Breitbart.com, named after a man who deliberately edited shit and has spread lies that are still believed to this day despite being ten times debunked, everything they present is automatically suspect.

Photoshop exists.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2014, 10:06:22 pm »
Just by being affiliated with Breitbart.com, named after a man who deliberately edited shit and has spread lies that are still believed to this day despite being ten times debunked, everything they present is automatically suspect.

Photoshop exists.

As does twitter, dipshit. The evidence is there for you to look up for yourself, and verify for yourself by asking them independently. If you can allay your doubts about the truth of such allegations, you should in order to make a argument!

Jesus, has every reasonable person on this forum gone crazy over this shit?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:10:16 pm by Second Coming of Madman »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2014, 10:48:50 pm »

Photoshop exists.

As does twitter, dipshit. The evidence is there for you to look up for yourself, and verify for yourself by asking them independently. If you can allay your doubts about the truth of such allegations, you should in order to make a argument!

So far, you're the only person I've seen who's gone crazy.

I'm not sure what you expect me to do on Twitter.  Go up to Milo and ask "Hey, did you photoshop that image you posted to make it say what you want?"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2014, 11:05:43 pm »

Photoshop exists.

I'm not sure what you expect me to do on Twitter.  Go up to Milo and ask "Hey, did you photoshop that image you posted to make it say what you want?"

My apologies, I just realized that the social media picture used in the picture I'm referring to is Facebook. I wasn't talking about the Anita thing, merely the Quinn lying about donations thing.

This one. It should easy to verify it via Mr. Schaeffer or Ifred. That is all.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2014, 11:06:54 pm »
And now.... I am pissed off again. Cloud? I suppose you have a apologia ready already, because this is a doozy!

So in addition to making a shitty game, Quinn's guilty of fraud? I've tried to avoid insulting her in person, but really? 

Apology for what? How many times do I have to say that I don't fucking care about Quinn. This whole Quinnspiracy and GamerGate thing is fucking stupid as it not only started as a means to slut shame someone (her actual crimes notwithstanding and completely irrelevant to the discussion of journalistic ethics), even the well meaning people involved can't source their claims of corruption from anything other than completely anonymous Tumblr and 4chan posts that claim to be "in the know."

Here's how easy it is to fake an anonymous post:

I work for a site that I can't name out of fear of losing my job. My editor is pissed because the world knows he's been working with other sites to keep his secret dealings quiet.

It's that simple. These are the only kind of sources I see GamerGate supporters citing. These are not sources and are not verifiable facts. And, no, cherry picked posts from #NotYourShield are neither proof of corruption or relevant. The fact is that they have no verifiable proof and won't get any as this allegedly widespread corruption is not likely to be even half as widespread as they claim.

I'm not some social justice warrior white knighting against what I perceive to be an oppressed group, I'm a rational person who sees that GamerGate was built on a harassment campaign and that it never stopped being one, it just got a lot of well meaning folks who don't know any better to hop on the bandwagon so the assholes in it can use them as a shield. To the ultimate irony of the "#NotYourShield" tag.

There is discussion to be had. We've seen legitimate examples of conflicts of interest and corruption in game journalism. Geoff Keighly, anyone? GamerGate is not out for that discussion. I'm not even sure what it IS out to do anymore. I think there's a reason some people who otherwise supported it have abandoned it and started using "#GameEthics" to actually discuss ethics in game journalism. Of course, as I haven't been paying attention to #GameEthics, that could have been hijacked by GamerGate for all I know, but my point stands that well intentioned people who understand that GamerGate isn't the righteous movement it claims to be are going elsewhere.

EDIT: And just so we're clear, I'm also not defending the people actively fighting against GamerGate and saying that gamers are awful and that gaming culture is awful and that anyone who supports GamerGate is a white male misogynist and there's no exception. I honestly think the #NotYourShield tag picked up because the well meaning folks do want to make a point against that, but it doesn't change what GamerGate is.

Not to mention that I don't care about the toxic parts of the gaming community, at least not in regards to the alleged issue of corruption in game journalism. I've said it before and I'll say it again, my only investment in this is how it pertains to journalism because that's the alleged heart of the matter.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:24:45 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2014, 11:18:14 pm »

Photoshop exists.

My apologies, I just realized that the social media picture used in the picture I'm referring to is Facebook. I wasn't talking about the Anita thing, merely the Quinn lying about donations thing.

This one. It should easy to verify it via Mr. Schaeffer or Ifred. That is all.
It's funny how all Quinn's most vocal detractors focus on her gender despite shit like this.