Author Topic: Quinnspiracy  (Read 59776 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Quinnspiracy
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2014, 08:13:25 pm »
And then you guys wonder why I think GamerGate should go jump in a lake and die.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2014, 08:32:17 pm »
And then you guys wonder why I think GamerGate should go jump in a lake and die.

*Face tentacle*

Wow. Cloud apparently didn't even use critical thinking here and just saw the image, immediately going into "HATE HATE HATE" mode. The SJW trolls in that picture are not only incredibly obvious, they're painfully obvious.

Of course, if they're serious...that's 10 times worse.

But tell me, Cloud. Did you even bother to look in the upper left corner? Of course not, who am I kidding?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:44:38 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2014, 09:13:12 am »
That is the same kind of rhetoric I've seen spewed out unironically from both sides of the debacle. You call it obvious trolling, I see it as more reason GamerGate is fucking idiotic.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2014, 09:37:05 am »

The shit, it just...keeps...flowing...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2014, 04:38:13 pm »
I haven't followed this crap at all, but I did just read this article written by Quinn, explaining what happened. Sounds like a bunch of manchildren being little bitches more than anything.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2014, 05:18:18 pm »
I haven't followed this crap at all, but I did just read this article written by Quinn, explaining what happened. Sounds like a bunch of manchildren being little bitches more than anything.
You really expect her to give an unbiased account? 

The article likes to paint Quinn as some kind of hero or martyr for standing up to "misogynistic gamers" but makes no mention anywhere of the fact that she torpedoed a women's gaming charity because she didn't like them, or of the fact that these supposedly misogynistic 4chan users donated thousands of dollars to the same organization to repair the damage that Zoe Quinn did to them.  Zoe Quinn is not a victim of misogyny, she is someone who got caught doing something wrong and cried misogyny to protect herself.  Unfortunately, sites like Cracked seemed to do no research beyond the sexism angle that Quinn likes to claim.  They show misogynistic tweets from GamerGate advocates that are supposed to prove that the entire movement is hateful (though there are far more tweets, such as #notyourshield, that would show that the movement is more concerned with Quinn's actions than her gender) yet don't show the abusive and bigoted tweets that her supporters have sent out, such as one that told a woman that she had a "cavernous" vagina when she criticized Quinn on Twitter.  Very disappointed that Cracked ran this with no consideration whatsoever toward the truth.

All she's doing is distracting from the actual issues and simultaneously making it more difficult for real victims of misogyny. 

Zoe Quinn is not a modern-day Joan of Arc.  Does she deserve harassment?  No.  However, criticizing what she did is neither harassment nor misogyny.  And if she can't handle this, that says more about her than it does about GamerGate.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:26:59 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2014, 08:25:56 pm »
Psychic prediction: She makes it all out to be centered purely around her weeks after she ceased to be relevant, no mention is made of the abuse comitted by anti-gamergate people, and there are frequent allusions to generic nerd stereotypes throughout the article.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2014, 08:36:41 pm »
Psychic prediction: She makes it all out to be centered purely around her weeks after she ceased to be relevant, no mention is made of the abuse comitted by anti-gamergate people, and there are frequent allusions to generic nerd stereotypes throughout the article.
Huh? I never heard about anti-gamergate abuse?
I have heard variouse horror Tories relating to 4chan and some "raid" they planned. Also some tf2 links used as, uh, death threats?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2014, 09:22:28 pm »
You know what this thing is?  It's a bitter man who found out that his dick wasn't good enough for someone and decided to get revenge in the best way possible.  Completely demolish a female game designer's reputation in the industry and make it harder for other female game designers to be taken seriously.

Ironbite-congrats douche bag...you won.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2014, 09:28:49 pm »
You know what this thing is?  It's a bitter man who found out that his dick wasn't good enough for someone and decided to get revenge in the best way possible.  Completely demolish a female game designer's reputation in the industry and make it harder for other female game designers to be taken seriously.

One thing is for sure. Regardless of how you stand on the issue, or which side you think is right, the net effect of all this is going to be a lack of willingness in the general gaming community to accept female game developers or designers. No doubt.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2014, 10:44:44 pm »

One thing is for sure. Regardless of how you stand on the issue, or which side you think is right, the net effect of all this is going to be a lack of willingness in the general gaming community to accept female game developers or designers. No doubt.

Unfortunately, that happened long before the conspiracy around Quinn.

Such as when several gamers raged because one of the lead developers for the spiritual successor to Megaman was a woman.

Men crying about feminism never ceases to be simultaneously hilarious and frustrating.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:36 pm »

Such as when several gamers raged because one of the lead developers for the spiritual successor to Megaman was a woman.

Men crying about feminism never ceases to be simultaneously hilarious and frustrating.

Okay, more of a lack of willingness.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2014, 10:52:35 pm »

The reason they bitched about Dina was that she was basically the embodiment of overblown PC, was unfamiliar with Megaman, her boyfriend worked at Comcept and her being fond of censorship. And community manager isn't even "Lead developer".

Not because she was a woman, Magus.

Or am I confusing this with something else?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:55:12 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2014, 11:12:11 pm »

The reason they bitched about Dina was that she was basically the embodiment of overblown PC, was unfamiliar with Megaman, her boyfriend worked at Comcept and her being fond of censorship. And community manager isn't even "Lead developer".

Not because she was a woman, Magus.

Or am I confusing this with something else?

And yet it if had been a guy developer no one would have blinked an eye, even if he was identical.

Besides, I saw the abuse they were hurling.  If you say that it wasn't because she's a woman, you're either lying or you ignored the abusive garbage.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2014, 04:19:16 pm »