Author Topic: Quinnspiracy  (Read 59782 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Quinnspiracy
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2014, 09:26:33 pm »
Given the fact that it is somehow a massive deal compared to other events of taint and corruption within game journalism, I rather disagree.

I mean. Where is #MachinimaGate for example? The essence of that particular scandal was no different, yet it didn't generate anything like the spectacle that #Gamergate and this Quinnspiracy rubbish has generated.

As for my bias, yes, I do have one. It is against sexist, whining, over priveleged male gamers who don't want to let girls into what the feel is their private sandbox.

If gamers are such misogynists, then why did they support The Fine Young Capitalists?

And the reason it's blowing up now?  The same reason Archduke Franz Ferdinand's assassination started World War I: it was just the spark that blew up the powder keg.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:28:07 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2014, 09:33:19 pm »
Because not every gamer out there is a whining, over priveleged male gamer who doesn't like to share with the girls?

I had that particular group in mind with my statements and like any obnoxious minor group within a group, they tend to project their voices the loudest, because they fear they have the most to lose.  In their own little minds.

As for what I believe about the rest of gamers, I believe they are no doubt a good, progressive group of people who aren't afraid of sharing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2014, 09:34:25 pm »
Because not every gamer out there is a whining, over priveleged male gamer who doesn't like to share with the girls?

I had that particular group in mind with my statements and like any obnoxious minor group within a group, they tend to project their voices the loudest, because they fear they have the most to lose.  In their own little minds.

As for what I believe about the rest of gamers, I believe they are no doubt a good, progressive group of people who aren't afraid of sharing.

So you admit that the misogynists in Gamergate are only a minority?  After all, it represents gamers of many, many backgrounds.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2014, 09:48:33 pm »
If you admit feeling attacked from rape and death threats isn't a victim complex.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2014, 10:04:34 pm »
If you admit feeling attacked from rape and death threats isn't a victim complex.

I have plenty of reason to find these claims dubious.  The anti-Gamergate faction has a history of dishonesty.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2014, 10:12:17 pm »
REALLY!?  JUST FUCKING REALLY!?  YOU'RE GOING TO FIND PLENTY OF REASONS TO IGNORE DEATH AND RAPE THREATS BECAUSE OF WHO'S SAYING THEY'RE GETTING THE THREATS!?

Ironbite-*explodes*

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2014, 10:14:56 pm »
REALLY!?  JUST FUCKING REALLY!?  YOU'RE GOING TO FIND PLENTY OF REASONS TO IGNORE DEATH AND RAPE THREATS BECAUSE OF WHO'S SAYING THEY'RE GETTING THE THREATS!?

Ironbite-*explodes*

Well, considering their unethical behavior, yes.  It's not about who they are, it's about what they've done.  Quite frankly, I don't trust them, and I wouldn't put false flag attacks past them.

And where was this outrage when Gamergate was suffering these threats?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2014, 10:21:12 pm »

Ironbite-*explodes*

Well, considering their unethical behavior, yes.  It's not about who they are, it's about what they've done.  Quite frankly, I don't trust them, and I wouldn't put false flag attacks past them.

Well considering gamers and there history misogynistic behavior, yes. It's not about who they are, it's about what they've done (send rape and death threats because of the ending of Mass Effect 3, call female gamers "fakers"). Quite frankly, I don't trust the, and I wouldn't put false flag attacks past them.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2014, 10:24:15 pm »

Ironbite-*explodes*

Well considering gamers and there history misogynistic behavior, yes. It's not about who they are, it's about what they've done (send rape and death threats because of the ending of Mass Effect 3, call female gamers "fakers"). Quite frankly, I don't trust the, and I wouldn't put false flag attacks past them.
The difference is that that was a vocal minority.  There are millions upon millions of gamers, and they only represented a tiny fraction.

The anti-Gamergate side, on the other hand, is much smaller, has been proven to be corrupt, and knows it doesn't have a leg to stand on in a legitimate debate.  Why do you think they censor their critics?

So yeah, different situation entirely.

Even if these threats are real, that doesn't mean Gamergate as a whole is bad.  All it means is that there are some bad apples in the barrel.

And I don't remember Gamergate sabotaging charities, silencing their opponents, refusing to believe that women and minorities in the anti-Gamergate faction are fake, or comparing their opponents to ISIL or Nazis.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:27:09 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2014, 10:33:40 pm »
EDIT: You know what? On second thought, fuck it. I'm out. I've said my piece on the matter and I'm washing my hands of this shitstorm.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:35:49 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2014, 10:36:03 pm »

Ironbite-*explodes*

The difference is that that was a vocal minority.  There are millions upon millions of gamers, and they only represented a tiny fraction.
In addition, studies have show that gamers are the most charitable, friendliest, and most sexually appealing demographic ever.

The anti-Gamergate side, on the other hand, is much smaller, is comprised entirely of clones of Osama Bin Laden, steals puppies from orphans (which they proceed to eat in front of them), masturbates to Adolf Hitler, and takes 2 parking spaces at once. Why do you think they torture and behead their critics?

FTFY

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2014, 10:40:56 pm »
I've stated this multiple times and I'll say it again, do you have verifiable SOURCES for that alleged corruption?

Why should I bother?  You're not going to accept them.

Ironbite-*explodes*

In addition, studies have show that gamers are the most charitable, friendliest, and most sexually appealing demographic ever.

The anti-Gamergate side, on the other hand, is much smaller, is comprised entirely of clones of Osama Bin Laden, steals puppies from orphans (which they proceed to eat in front of them), masturbates to Adolf Hitler, and takes 2 parking spaces at once. Why do you think they torture and behead their critics?

FTFY

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2014, 10:45:55 pm »
Why?  You don't seem to have a problem putting words in other people's mouths.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2014, 10:46:54 pm »
Why?  You don't seem to have a problem putting words in other people's mouths.

Care to elaborate?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2014, 10:53:36 pm »
So you admit that the misogynists in Gamergate are only a minority?

Elaborated.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet