Author Topic: Quinnspiracy  (Read 59779 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Quinnspiracy
« Reply #255 on: September 19, 2014, 02:28:20 pm »
Okay, so you're not anti-GamerGate.  And you made some good points.  However, the crux of your argument (that GamerGate is dominated by misogynistic dudebros) is

Non-existent.  I have never said it was dominated by misogynistic dudebros.

Instead, I have been talking about the dudebros themselves.

You are the one that keeps linking things back to Gamergate, as if I was talking about all of Gamergate whenever I criticize misogynists and MRAs.  In fact, that's what you've been doing this entire time to everyone who says anything that isn't absolutely pro-Gamergate in this topic.

My only point is that MRAs exist in Gamergate.

See, you say that there's good people in Gamergate.  And I believe you.

But believe me when I say that there's also good people that are against Gamergate.

And that the assholes on both sides of the debate are ruining it for everyone.

So, how about you stop shoving words down people's throats, okay?

As the core of your argument rests on the assumption you made that I believed that Gamergate was somehow dominated by MRAs, I don't really see the need to talk about the rest of your talking points, considering they're moot.

I think everyone you've been attacking in this topic deserves an apology.
Okay.  Sorry I misunderstood you.

However, the core of my argument was not my misunderstanding.  It was the fact that GamerGate has a much better claim to moral superiority than MiniJust.  So my talking points are not moot, thank you very much.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 02:34:58 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #256 on: September 19, 2014, 04:17:37 pm »
Say, what do you mean by Anita misrepresenting the games she reviews? I mean, she does rather dumb reviews from time to time.

And when did she fake death threats?

And why do dragons turn me on?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:19:48 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2014, 04:58:39 pm »
Okay, so you're not anti-GamerGate.  And you made some good points.  However, the crux of your argument (that GamerGate is dominated by misogynistic dudebros) is

Non-existent.  I have never said it was dominated by misogynistic dudebros.

Instead, I have been talking about the dudebros themselves.

You are the one that keeps linking things back to Gamergate, as if I was talking about all of Gamergate whenever I criticize misogynists and MRAs.  In fact, that's what you've been doing this entire time to everyone who says anything that isn't absolutely pro-Gamergate in this topic.

My only point is that MRAs exist in Gamergate.

See, you say that there's good people in Gamergate.  And I believe you.

But believe me when I say that there's also good people that are against Gamergate.

And that the assholes on both sides of the debate are ruining it for everyone.

So, how about you stop shoving words down people's throats, okay?

As the core of your argument rests on the assumption you made that I believed that Gamergate was somehow dominated by MRAs, I don't really see the need to talk about the rest of your talking points, considering they're moot.

I think everyone you've been attacking in this topic deserves an apology.
Okay.  Sorry I misunderstood you.

However, the core of my argument was not my misunderstanding.  It was the fact that GamerGate has a much better claim to moral superiority than MiniJust.  So my talking points are not moot, thank you very much.

I disagree that they have a better claim.  Let me know when Gamergate starts calling out their own dudebros.  Let me know when they realize that this whole crusade is a waste of time and resources.

Also I don't really even know what MiniJust is.  I doubt it's the entirety of everyone who disagrees with Gamergate.  What, are we adding MORE labels to the pile?

And why do dragons turn me on?

Because of their obscenely high charisma scores.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #258 on: September 19, 2014, 06:30:12 pm »
As for Zoe, she lied to her boyfriend about her affairs.  And if the story about her affairs is wrong, then why did they try to suppress it?

If... so I guess there is still no proof that this is anything more than a dick move by a jealous ex.

Why try to suppress it? Because guys like you want to believe it. Short of him retracting the statement there is no counter move Zoe could make other than keeping it out of the public eye because she is assumed to be guilty.

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2014, 07:33:07 pm »
As for Zoe, she lied to her boyfriend about her affairs.  And if the story about her affairs is wrong, then why did they try to suppress it?

If... so I guess there is still no proof that this is anything more than a dick move by a jealous ex.

Why try to suppress it? Because guys like you want to believe it. Short of him retracting the statement there is no counter move Zoe could make other than keeping it out of the public eye because she is assumed to be guilty.
Is this sufficient proof?
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2014, 08:42:02 pm »
I disagree that they have a better claim.  Let me know when Gamergate starts calling out their own dudebros.  Let me know when they realize that this whole crusade is a waste of time and resources.

Different Gamersgaters are crusading against a lot of different things under the same banner, with various results.

• Those who actually intended to fight against corruption and cronyism in journalism will probably be disappointed by the result of their efforts.
  • Those trying to defend the gaming community from "undue accusations" got a massive circle-jerk of gamers more closed to criticism than ever before, and a gaming press that will eventually have to mollify them.
  • Those who hate gimmicky or artsy games and want developers to focus on their core audience are certainly helping the industry realise that inclusiveness and out-of-the-box thinking are falling out of style in this period of socio-economic decline.
  • Those who are calling out the gaming media for their "progressive bias" aren't going unnoticed from the right-wing media machines, and will probably get their "fair and balanced" alternatives sooner or later.
  • Those who want to punish these uppity, lying, man-hating, oppressive whores for their crimes already got what they were hoping for.

Needless to say, there is a LOT of overlap between these categories. The second one is by far the most federating, and they are definitely getting rewarded for their time and resources.

Also I don't really even know what MiniJust is.  I doubt it's the entirety of everyone who disagrees with Gamergate.  What, are we adding MORE labels to the pile?

Didn't find anything relevant on the Internets. I suppose it's a term UU invented to denigrate everyone whose ideas about social justice are more radical than his own, regardless of their degree of militantism. I mean, it's not like he can honestly attack SJWs on the "warrior" part anymore, since he has been displaying the exact same kind of partisanship and blind zeal lately.

Also, the idea probably comes from the novel 1984. The dystopian state's ministries all follow the same naming pattern of Mini + a shortened, ironic label for their functions: Miniplenty (rationing), Minipax (war), Minitru (propaganda), Miniluv (reeducation). Because SJW and radfems are clearly ruling the world with an iron fist, and nobody would ever dare to speak publicly against them or their opinions, right?

Okay, so you're not anti-GamerGate.  And you made some good points.  However, the crux of your argument (that GamerGate is dominated by misogynistic dudebros) is demonstrably wrong.  Ergo, your argument that there are "no good guys or bad guys" is incorrect.

These are my arguments, and I would very much like you to explain how you came to the conclusion that they are "demonstrably wrong". Because that's a pretty strong choice of words. One that is generally used not for subjective perceptions and opinions, but for factual statements. Statements such as, "Gamergate has never been about Zoe Quinn".

While I AM miffed at you for your latest bouts of militantism, do not take the question as an attack. This is an actual question and I am genuinely interested in your answer. Last week I got sick of stating my opinion over and over again, because I was just repeating myself, because I didn't find anything to amend my initial opinion that neither side is worthy of support. If anything, I would be elated to revise my purely negative stance on the matter for a more optimistic one.

On one hand, the third one is no evidence at all, and the fourth one is obvious sarcasm.

On the other hand, did anyone really need more proof that Zoe Quinn is a crummy person who cheated on her BF? Well, I guess so. But can we move on now, please?

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #261 on: September 19, 2014, 09:01:12 pm »

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

In the face of that I'll quite happily concede the point that she is guilty and retract my statement. Obviously I am wrong here.

As a casual and largely disinterested observer all I know of it is Paragons 'if the story about her affairs is wrong...' which strongly suggests that it is still a matter of some debate which is where my point of contention lies. It is akin to assuming a person is guilty if they choose to exercise their rights (notably the 5th, but anything that derives from it when stopped by the cops) because 'only somebody with something to hide would do that.' That is, and always will be, a bullshit argument, particularly in a forum where Russell's teapot analogy is well understood and respected.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #262 on: September 20, 2014, 03:53:22 am »
Boy am I glad I bowed out of this one... *checks* 12 pages ago.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2014, 03:57:10 am »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
...Is Zoe Quinn's real Twitter handle actually "@TheQuinnspiracy"? That smells a little like bullshit.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2014, 05:36:44 am »
Yeah, that's the real twitter handle.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #265 on: September 20, 2014, 07:28:02 am »
Boy am I glad I bowed out of this one... *checks* 12 pages ago.
Smart choice.

And this really is a debate where both(all) sides have loud assholes doing most of the talking. Using sex to influence media (if it actually happened as those tweets seem to confirm, I used to be sceptical) is kinda low but I am more outraged over gaming medias low standards than her. (She is just one incident while the quite obvious bribery and other corruption with media has happened quite often.) Death and rape threats are always wrong ...But saying that she is a cunt or blaming her for sexual bribery are within free speech limits. Now those on Quinn's side have been disregarding even the appropriate criticism on the basis that the other side has people sending out death/rape threats. (That happens but does not mean that everything else should be ignored as well.)

Anyway. Can we just agree that this did get blown way out of proportion and most people involved are assholes?

...Aaannd I'm out.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #266 on: September 20, 2014, 02:51:54 pm »
...That GIF is awesome for using transparency well.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2014, 04:42:10 pm »
Holy shit. I'm gone for two days and you reignite the fire.

*Shakes head*

Once again, everyone's favorite Swede gets it right.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #268 on: September 20, 2014, 05:24:26 pm »
In other news, Leigh Alexander has been a racist for quite some time:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:50:40 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2014, 02:32:01 pm »
Threats towards GG supporters:
(click to show/hide)

Edit: Oh, and someone sent Milo a syringe with an unknown substance in the mail:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:38:03 pm by WatermelonRat »