Author Topic: Five Nights at Freddy's  (Read 20850 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2014, 04:59:11 pm »
Okay, hold on, stepping outside of myself for a moment.

Generally speaking, most people generally get offended when someone bashes something they like.  It has nothing to do with them feeling personally bashed.  I realize that what I said wasn't this, but looking back, that was the reason.

I'm not sure how putting up a giant "IN MY OPINION" in your post would have changed anything.  What I was offended by wasn't that I felt like you were stating something like fact.  In fact, what I was offended by was your opinion.  Plain and simple.

I was wrong for my passive aggressive "How rude".  I'll admit that.  I'm not a big fan of scathing reviews, which is why I just ignore Angry Joe's stuff.  All of it.  I also whole-heartedly believe that Spoony is a gigantic fuckwad with his head stuck up his ass.  Especially in anything regarding tabletop gaming.  So I allowed myself to feel justified in my opinion about your opinion when you mentioned him.  This was an error.

There's a lot of people that say shit on the internet.  And a lot of people that, when they insult a game, make sure that it's understood that they're insulting everyone who enjoys that game, for having "poor taste."  This is true of the Elder Scroll community.  I apologize for confusing your post for one of theirs.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2014, 12:14:52 am »
I've always wondered: why in indie survival horror games does the protagonist never think of getting a weapon? He can carry a dozen other things so why not pick up a crowbar of something.

I once played a game where you don't pick up a fricken P90 on some dudes corpse.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2014, 12:46:40 am »
I've always wondered: why in indie survival horror games does the protagonist never think of getting a weapon? He can carry a dozen other things so why not pick up a crowbar of something.

I once played a game where you don't pick up a fricken P90 on some dudes corpse.

In the context of this game, the player may as well just quit their job if they're going to use a weapon, considering that

(click to show/hide)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2014, 01:00:35 am »
I'd rather Be unemployed than eaten by a haunted fursuit.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2014, 10:20:28 am »
@Zacky: To each his own.  Honestly, I'd trust them to be more honest in their reviews and critiques than folks who constantly say nothing but good things.  The funny thing is, Angry Joe's reviews are, by and large, mixed to positive, his rants are legendary (re: Ride to Hell), but he's not so much Angry Joe as he is Energetic Joe.  Besides, anger displays passion, TotalBiscuit and Armake may have their vitriolic moments (moreso for Armake, but that was largely just his online persona, Marcus is a fairly cool dude behind the mask), but that's because they love games.  Bad games make the industry and the hobby look bad, and given the less-than-stellar reputation of gaming and gamers in general, its understandable when critics get pissed off when another steaming pile is crapped out by some publisher or other.

Hell, I owe Spoony and Armake more than many other so-called critics (even Yahtzee) for helping me see which games are shit.  Yeah, its an act, but there's honesty in it, too, and I like that.  Then again, this is all just me.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2014, 02:36:21 pm »
Eh, no, the more passionate a person is in their review, the less I can trust them to be honest.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2014, 08:39:03 pm »
I spose we can agree to disagree, no?  Personally, I trust people that are passionate about their work, makes them more likely to do it friggin right.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2014, 09:27:50 pm »
True... though on the flipside, people who are more passionate about their beliefs are more likely to push them as fact, ignore evidence against their opinion, and selectively believe evidence in favor of their opinion.

See: "Morrowind is the only good TES" fanboys.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2014, 09:37:01 pm »
If anything, Morrowind was the worst Elder Scrolls.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2014, 10:34:47 pm »
Let's see.  Fucked the lore up with Warp in the West?  Check.  Retconned Cyrodiil into a jungle?  Check.  Had some horrendously annoying bugs that were bad for quality of life?  Check.  Nonsensical battle mechanics? (When I punch someone, I hurt them, I don't make them TIRED.)  Double check.  Offered no replacement footwear for Khajiit and Argonians, thus ensuring that they'll always have less armor than literally every other race, forever?  Check.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2014, 12:28:58 am »
Oblivion and Skyrim, and I'm happy, yes I am.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2014, 01:17:20 am »
Hey guys, there's a sequel / prequel!

New Animatronics!

Clues about the killer!

Foxy now leaps right at you through the door and kills you!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2014, 02:26:15 am »
Watched Markiplier and Yamimash play it.  I think it does improve over the original. 
Though, if it's a prequel, why do the "New" animatronics look more polished than the originals, and they talk about how they have the old machines in the back for parts? 
I may have misunderstood some things, though.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2014, 02:27:35 am »
Watched Markiplier and Yamimash play it.  I think it does improve over the original. 
Though, if it's a prequel, why do the "New" animatronics look more polished than the originals, and they talk about how they have the old machines in the back for parts? 

(click to show/hide)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2014, 02:38:34 am »

(click to show/hide)

Ahhh... okay.  That makes sense.  Thanks. :)  Though the idea of animatronics as what is used in FNAF2 seems
(click to show/hide)

At any rate, the Occams Razor part of me just chalks it up to, "it's just a show game, you should really just relax".