Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 311825 times)

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1140 on: April 26, 2015, 03:28:56 pm »
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Holy shit.

(click to show/hide)

FUN FACT: According to Wikipedia, this film cost $280m, which is enough money for a Netflix subscription for 2.6 million years.

MARVEL NO-FACT: Despite being made in 2015, The Vision is not, in fact, HD-ready.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1141 on: April 28, 2015, 03:40:46 pm »
The Hobbit; the Desolation of Smaug.  I just have one question that I'm hoping someone here can answer for me.  If the wood elves love nature and enjoy staring at the stars, why are they living in caves? 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1142 on: May 01, 2015, 03:31:31 am »
So, just saw Age of Ultron and.... Wow.

That is all.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #1143 on: May 01, 2015, 06:40:10 pm »
The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared
It was nearly as good as the book! Weird thing though, Allan's narration was entirely in English while most of the rest of the movie was in Swedish (and subtitled). I don't know if that's a European thing, or...

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1144 on: May 02, 2015, 08:13:45 pm »
Age of Ultron, Holy fuck was this movie awesome!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1145 on: May 02, 2015, 09:52:30 pm »
Age of Ultron.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1146 on: May 03, 2015, 04:58:51 pm »
Age of Ultron. Awesome.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1147 on: May 07, 2015, 03:53:32 pm »
I still haven't seen Age of Ultron, it might take a while before I get the chance to watch it.

Ender's game is now on Netflix (for Finnish viewers) and it was actually pretty good. I wasn't sure what to expect as I hadn't read the book and I only knew that people criticized the writer and boycotted the movie because of his views. The story was more complex than I assumed and the way the movie let the viewer see the ethical issues with the war and training children as soldiers was there but surprisingly subtle for Hollywood.

Good acting, good CGI and a good movie alltogether.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #1148 on: May 07, 2015, 10:15:44 pm »
OK, clearly all these Marvel Universe movies are building to something big here. Avengers was a big enough crisis crossover and now

(click to show/hide)

The new Spider-Man series is practically certain to join the ongoing Avengers plot soon as well. Any ideas on what Joss Whedon might be planning with all this?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1149 on: May 08, 2015, 11:55:06 pm »
My guess is we'll lose the best members of the cast, and the rest of the movies will be light-hearted romantic comedies between a genderbent Tony Stark and a partially-lobotomized Hulk.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1150 on: May 09, 2015, 04:47:41 am »
The Hobbit:  Battle of the Five Armies:  We spent nearly the entire time making jokes at the movie.  I have a feeling if we had seen it when it came out, we would've gotten thrown out of the theater.  Don't get me wrong, we both love LOTR, and I've read both LOTR and The Hobbit.  But I'm not a fan of the Hobbit movies. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1151 on: May 09, 2015, 04:51:18 am »
The Hobbit is to Lord of the Rings what the Star Wars prequels are to the original trilogy. That is to say, complete festering ass.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1152 on: May 09, 2015, 06:40:33 am »
Stop exaggerating, the Hobbit movies aren't that bad.

Then again, even the Star wars prequels had their moments. It is just that the "original" trilogies were better.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1153 on: May 09, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »
My personal nerd heresy:

http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1154 on: May 09, 2015, 06:01:34 pm »
I'm going to have to agree with Serius. Tolkien was a great write, but he was nonetheless flawed. The films took the good parts and left out the bad parts (e.g. Tom Bombadil).
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!