Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 299147 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1110 on: December 27, 2014, 08:20:26 pm »
I get the feeling that back when it was just two movies it might have been better... But then the studio wanted the love story...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1111 on: January 01, 2015, 03:20:00 pm »
Tommy.

First movie of the new year. Totally worth it.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1112 on: January 01, 2015, 03:45:55 pm »
"The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies". Not a bad movie, but they leaned a bit too hard on the characters that they made up. I'm also pretty sure it's got the record for longest battle scene in film history.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #1113 on: January 01, 2015, 08:22:46 pm »
Forget that. Holy crap, how many times did Bard's kids come close to death?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• The Beast
« Reply #1114 on: January 08, 2015, 06:31:20 pm »
"Into the Woods", the new Disney adaptation. I enjoyed it; it's not nearly as sanitized as people have been complaining it was, though the sexual innuendo was made more subtle. The only thing I didn't like about it was

(click to show/hide)

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #1115 on: January 19, 2015, 02:31:12 am »
the War of the worlds (1953) a great old movie

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1116 on: January 22, 2015, 12:13:14 pm »
Taken 3.  It's pretty shit unless you enjoy PG13 action scenes that are shot 2 inches away from the actors by a cameraman with Parkinsons and then edited by a hyperactive 2 year old.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• The Beast
« Reply #1117 on: January 27, 2015, 09:47:32 pm »
"The Interview." Funny, but nothing to write home about.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1118 on: January 28, 2015, 04:37:04 am »
Annabelle.  I liked it a lot better than The Conjuring and thought they did an excellent job of making the doll creepy.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1119 on: February 02, 2015, 12:57:20 pm »
Batman: Assault on Arkham. I wasn't suprised to find out it was set in the same universe as the Arkham games since they use the same combat manouvers in few instances...

The Suicide squad is an interesting concept particularly because DC kills of old and established characters in those stories and even then it seems to bring out the best out of the characters. (Unlike Marvel who just gather them up in a bar and have them shot to death without a chance to defend themselves. They even have a separate and poorly written character for those occasions.)

Still their mission in the movie seems to be really stupid.

(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1120 on: March 23, 2015, 03:50:11 pm »
Am I the only one who still watches movies?

Anyway... Sabotage was a disappointment and the only positive thing in it was that it showed bullets going through walls and doors and people using it to their advantage. Otherwise it was completely forgettable movie.

Surprisingly, John Wick was much better even though I expected a similar brainless action movie that Sabotage was. The actors were good, the story was well done even if it was rather cliched. Actually, I was surprised at how well they did the characters motivation and used it in the story even though it literally was
(click to show/hide)
And the action was good as well.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1121 on: March 23, 2015, 05:09:39 pm »
Last movie I watched was Rocky 2.

I liked the part where the guys were punching each other. that was nice.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• The Beast
« Reply #1122 on: April 02, 2015, 09:57:20 am »
"VHS: Viral", the third movie in the "VHS" horror movie series.

I liked it, even though the first sequence was a mix of found-footage and "regular" filmmaking rather than straight found footage the way the rest of the movies have been.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1123 on: April 02, 2015, 10:06:09 am »
I recently rewatched Shrek and Shrek 2. Surprisingly enough, the second one held up a hell of a lot better than the first. I didn't much care for it back in the day.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #1124 on: April 03, 2015, 02:38:07 pm »
Rewatching the Marvel films in order, so:

Iron Man (2008)

It's fair to say the film has dated - the CGI is no longer cutting-edge, which is reasonable after seven years - but not truly aged, beyond a reference to MySpace. The weak spot remains the final fight, and I think the reason is because Tony Stark essentially becomes humourless during the whole scene. Yes, he makes a few gags, but they're typical action-film quips, not RDJ-style gags. I don't quite know how you'd fix such things, but it's inevitably off tonally as a consequence. Phil Coulson, on the other hand, is in this film less than you'd think, showing up about five times, with at least the first three occasions being largely inconsequential in themselves; it hard not to feel that, for all the bitching the SHIELD parts received in subsequent films, it's there the character's reputation truly built.

Reportedly, the post-credits scene was written by Brian Michael Bendis, and edited down from three pages of dialogue. Needless to say, either of these facts is implausible without the other.

FUN FACT: the word "problematic" shows up in this film in pre-Tumblr usage, on this occasion to refer to hull pressurisation.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.