Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387653 times)

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3285 on: March 23, 2020, 11:34:40 am »
I admit I don't know much about insider trading laws, but if Sen. Feinstein sold said shares with the expectation that their price would drop based on what she found out, wouldn't that still be insider trading? All it would say is that Sens. Burr and Loefler are better at stock trading than Sen. Feinstein.

The point is, she says her stocks are in a blind trust, and the fact that the stock sales the MSM is point to as "proof" are the opposite of the kinds of moves you'd expect if she was using her insider knowledge to play the stock market kind of hints that's the case.  Actually, Gohmert and Johnson's stock moves are similar; the only ones that SCREAM insider trading are Burr and Loefler, because the stock moves they made line up perfectly with the expected fallout of the Coronavirus hitting the market.  And then there's Burr being caught telling rich Republican donors that the fallout from COVID-19 was going to be as bad as the Spanish Flu, while telling the public it was a hoax...

Oh, and as pointed out, Loefler's husband is the head of the NYSE.  He also made a bunch of questionable transactions around that time... Probably on a tip-off from his wife.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3286 on: March 23, 2020, 04:45:00 pm »
It also wasn't her stocks to sell.  It was her husband who sold them.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3287 on: March 23, 2020, 09:42:08 pm »

Which could still be on a tip (even if a bad tip) from Sen. Feinstein.

Whatever else happens, she should be included in the investigation, at least, because something looks shady even if nothing actually is in her case.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3288 on: March 24, 2020, 08:54:38 am »
Trump is scared. Now he's saying that he wants to open up all businesses throughout the country and get people working again because people are really seeing how small his dick is without a booming economy. I hope this really shows his true colors to the voters that he cares only about himself instead of the health of the population.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3289 on: March 24, 2020, 10:31:44 am »
Trump said that a Malaria medicine is a cure for Covid-19. Elderly couple saw that some aquarium cleaning powder that they had in the house had a similar name and now one of them is dead from poisoning.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-dies-ingesting-chloroquine-prevent-coronavirus-banner-health/story?id=69759570

And yes, though they took the wrong chemicals, they specifically did it because they were trying to follow instructions from the president of USA.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3290 on: March 24, 2020, 11:53:34 am »
I feel so bad for Fauci. I feel like he really wants to do the right thing and do this job right, but in order to keep his job he has to pretend he agrees with Trump who is just fucking everything up.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3291 on: March 24, 2020, 03:21:57 pm »

Whatever else happens, she should be included in the investigation, at least, because something looks shady even if nothing actually is in her case.

The stock that was sold was for something that wasn't even connected to the Coronavirus.

Ironbite-DO FUCKING BETTER AT THIS!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3292 on: March 24, 2020, 04:01:56 pm »

The stock that was sold was for something that wasn't even connected to the Coronavirus.

Ironbite-DO FUCKING BETTER AT THIS!

Sure, then the investigation will exonerate her and she won't have the questions hanging over her head, except from the people who will never let go of it no matter what.

What should happen (at a minimum) is that Congress should pass AOC's bill to ban stock trading entirely by members of Congress. (Better yet, ban stock ownership, but that's got absolutely no chance.)
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3293 on: March 25, 2020, 04:07:08 pm »
And today in gross stupidity from the Trump administration:

https://twitter.com/julianborger/status/1242849535703101444

According to Der Spiegel, the G7 foreign ministers haven't been able to agree on a joint statement because of Pompeo's insistence it refer to #coronavirus as the "Wuhan virus".  Pompeo did not deny that this morning - said G7 don't agree on everything

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3294 on: March 25, 2020, 04:42:59 pm »
And today in gross stupidity from the Trump administration:

https://twitter.com/julianborger/status/1242849535703101444

According to Der Spiegel, the G7 foreign ministers haven't been able to agree on a joint statement because of Pompeo's insistence it refer to #coronavirus as the "Wuhan virus".  Pompeo did not deny that this morning - said G7 don't agree on everything

I'm tempted to say that they should agree, as long as the statement can contain a reference to the 1918-1920 Kansan flu pandemic.

(For those unaware: a) the 1918-1920 pandemic probably started in Kansas but was covered up due to wartime censorship laws that forbid the reporting of news that would lower morale, and was associated with Spain because that country was neutral and did not censor the news, especially as regarded the illness of Alfonso XIII; b) Pompeo used to represent Kansas's 4th Congressional District.)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3295 on: March 28, 2020, 11:15:19 am »
Trump said that a Malaria medicine is a cure for Covid-19. Elderly couple saw that some aquarium cleaning powder that they had in the house had a similar name and now one of them is dead from poisoning.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/man-dies-ingesting-chloroquine-prevent-coronavirus-banner-health/story?id=69759570

And yes, though they took the wrong chemicals, they specifically did it because they were trying to follow instructions from the president of USA.

Here's the fun part: even though we don't yet know if chloroquine even works (clinical trials are ongoing), there are already shortages because of Trump's tweet. Chloroquine is also an immunosuppresant used to treat lupus. Sucks to be you if you were already using that drug, I guess.

Plus, of course, while malaria is not a serious problem in the US, it still kills hundreds of thousands of people every year in the developing world.
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3296 on: April 01, 2020, 09:16:36 pm »
I will tell you this: if you look at before and after, the things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you ever agreed to it, you'd never have a Republican elected in this country again. They had things in there about, y'know, election days and what you do and all sorts of clawbacks, and they had things that were just totally crazy.

Donald says the quiet part out loud.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3297 on: April 01, 2020, 09:26:01 pm »
Yes we must stop voter fraud aka voting for a Democrat.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3298 on: April 13, 2020, 10:04:12 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-trump-fauci-1.5530731

"When somebody is president of the United States, the authority is total," Trump said at Monday's White House coronavirus briefing. "The governors know that."

Taking to Twitter, Trump wrote that some are "saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government. Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect ... it is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons."

And I have seen the argument made in all seriousness that Trump is the President who in recent history has been the most respectful of the Constitution.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3299 on: April 14, 2020, 08:11:11 am »
Because Trump will never touch the only amendment that matters. The other ones they don't care about.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t