Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514830 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2325 on: April 23, 2013, 12:18:27 am »
...Exactly how many people still own their Dreamcasts downloaded Dreamcast emulators?
Fixed

I'm still working on finding a workable emulator and figuring out how to operate it purely so I can play Shenmue.

The trick is that you also need to mount the ROMs on a virtual disk drive before any emulator will play them. Personally, I'd recommend Daemon Tools.

I've already got that. How else would I pirate games?

Righto then. It's just that's the most common problem people seem to have with emulators.

Saturn500

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2327 on: April 26, 2013, 05:21:37 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eRNavwcloQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eRNavwcloQ</a>

It finally happened.

Saturn500

« Reply #2328 on: April 26, 2013, 08:43:33 am »
Okay, this is getting a bit ridiculous:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFWS2TBKi4w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFWS2TBKi4w</a>

I mean, at least Sturmwind was apparently in development for 8 years!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2329 on: April 26, 2013, 11:49:14 am »
Gonna get Luigi's Mansion today also Poker Night 2 is out today :D

Distind

« Reply #2330 on: April 26, 2013, 12:02:53 pm »
Turns out I suck at red dead redemption. Badly. Not entirely sure why I bought it, wondering if it's trade in value is significant.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2331 on: April 26, 2013, 12:06:37 pm »
Turns out I suck at red dead redemption. Badly. Not entirely sure why I bought it, wondering if it's trade in value is significant.

Probably not. The game came out a few years ago and turnover for video games is damn high. Even a AAA title that sells for $65 new will drop to half price before a year passes.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2332 on: April 26, 2013, 01:08:20 pm »

Stick with it. The game has one of the best storylines I've ever seen in a video game.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2333 on: April 27, 2013, 09:28:00 am »

Trade-in is probably $5. Maybe. Depending who you trade it in to. Amazon's is $2.40 for the regular edition. $8.40 for the GOTY. No idea about Gamestop and whatnot.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2334 on: April 27, 2013, 09:46:29 am »

Trade-in is probably $5. Maybe. Depending who you trade it in to. Amazon's is $2.40 for the regular edition. $8.40 for the GOTY. No idea about Gamestop and whatnot.

I'm betting even less. You'd have more luck selling the game privately if you want a decent return.

I still recommend you just practice and try to play through it. It really is a rewarding game (though one that will take quite a lot of time to beat even if you play nothing but it for days).
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Saturn500

« Reply #2335 on: April 27, 2013, 11:53:13 am »
I'd just like to point out that Monaco is truly perfect. If you do not get this amazing new generation of Stealth Action Madness, you are STUPID! Yes, I know, it's insulting, but it's also the truth.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2336 on: April 27, 2013, 02:04:17 pm »
So I've been playing Poker Night 2 and have noticed that Sam is cheating bastard and Brock seems to go full retard every other round and go all in on the second turn of the tournament.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2337 on: April 27, 2013, 02:27:03 pm »

I'm betting even less. You'd have more luck selling the game privately if you want a decent return.

I still recommend you just practice and try to play through it. It really is a rewarding game (though one that will take quite a lot of time to beat even if you play nothing but it for days).

How can you bet any less when it's easy to double-check where I got my numbers?

Either way, a lot of games take a bit to actually like. I've been hopping between games lately. Mostly stuck on the Mass Effect trilogy still but I'm about to dive into the Bioshock games again.

I also have a bunch of games I haven't played yet in my backlog. Now if only I felt like playing...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:28:37 pm by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #2338 on: April 27, 2013, 03:20:43 pm »
So I've been playing Poker Night 2 and have noticed that Sam is cheating bastard and Brock seems to go full retard every other round and go all in on the second turn of the tournament.

My observations are that the players in 2 share the same play habits as the people who sat in those positions in the first game. Brock is a wildcard who will throw everything he has at a hand that contains nothing, just like Max used to do. Claptrap is reckless, but usually has at least something if he bets big, even if it doesn't seem good enough to justify his betting, which is the same way Strong Bad played. Ash has no real distinguishing playstyle, and instead is a stable player who does take risks, but rarely huge ones, like The Heavy. And then Sam plays very conservatively, folding far more hands than he ever plays, and only bets big on really good hands or when it's down to 2-3 players to try and force the game to a close, just like Tycho did.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2339 on: April 27, 2013, 04:48:23 pm »
So I recently picked up Lands of Lore and I half love it half hate it, it's great at what it does (tile based dungeon crawling) but when it turns out I missed some obscure puzzle piece several floors up I'm ready to scream and throw my monitor out the window.