Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1516598 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3840 on: December 10, 2013, 08:55:15 pm »
Saw this glitch today

I nearly died

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46lYE4EeRF8
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3841 on: December 10, 2013, 10:08:50 pm »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3842 on: December 11, 2013, 03:44:41 am »
Been playing around in Skyrim as a necromancer with some mods, got some pretty neat screenshots.

(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3843 on: December 11, 2013, 04:51:36 am »
I think I've lost my luster for video games. I have dozens and I don't want to play any of them on any of my consoles.

I used to play for unhealthy amounts of time. But the last thing I played was Burial at Sea for Bioshock Infinite and I only played a couple of hours, enough time to finish. It's rather distressing.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3844 on: December 11, 2013, 05:23:12 am »
Sometimes I'll go awhile without gaming, and I've been gaming since I was 2 or 3 (not joking here).  It just happens.  It's not necessarily anything to worry about.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3845 on: December 11, 2013, 05:38:11 am »
Sometimes I'll go awhile without gaming, and I've been gaming since I was 2 or 3 (not joking here).  It just happens.  It's not necessarily anything to worry about.

Echoing this.  120-some odd games in my Steam library and I'll look at every single one of them and go 'meh' now and again.  It's no biggie :3
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3846 on: December 11, 2013, 05:51:00 am »

Echoing this.  120-some odd games in my Steam library and I'll look at every single one of them and go 'meh' now and again.  It's no biggie :3

Me three. 60 games on GOG, 90 on Steam, a few SNES and Game Boy Advance ROMS and a fairly decent collection of physical PC and Xbox 360 games and I'll sometimes go weeks at a time without touching a single one of them. These things pass in due course.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3847 on: December 11, 2013, 06:41:44 am »
Yeah but playing video games (or not playing them in this case) is my barometer for how I'm feeling. When I get especially depressed nothing appeals to me. I end up having to force myself to do things such as write or read or even watch a tv show. I know it passes cause it's happened multiple times. But it never stops me from feeling bad because I don't find gaming appealing. And I have so many games to finish and everything just sits there. Blah. Not a fun feeling at all.

I want to finish games like the Last of Us and Bioshock 2 and the like but 0 motivation. lol

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3848 on: December 11, 2013, 07:58:56 am »

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #3849 on: December 11, 2013, 03:47:18 pm »
Talking of glitches, anyone else had this one in the new(ish) XCOM game (either Enemy Unknown or Enemy Within) - when im in the base if i scroll round to where the laboratory is theres 3 or 4 scientists just floating around there, just below the actual laboratory. Its like, WHAT? WHY? HOW?

Im assuming they are the ones used in the background of the cutscenes set in the lab, but its just really bizarre and funny.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3850 on: December 11, 2013, 05:50:42 pm »
So in sad news VGX

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3851 on: December 11, 2013, 06:40:37 pm »
What about it?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3852 on: December 11, 2013, 06:53:55 pm »
I tried to watch the compilation of fails.  When it began with "I'm a real gamer and I know the difference between Ms. Pacman and Mz. Pacman" I clicked off.

Just.... ugh.  Gaming communities are full of misogynistic dudebros.  Anita could release (and probably has released) a video full of bullshit facts, and her point that the media is misogynistic would still be proven simply by the abusive reactions she gets.

Seriously, if you needed any proof that gamers are misogynistic, entitled assholes, just look at how they react to gamer girls and Anita Sarkeesian.  It's despicable and I hate being associated with this group.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3853 on: December 11, 2013, 06:57:46 pm »
I played a little bit of a game I "bought" (I say "bought" cause it was free) today. But I soon grew tired of it like with all the other games I have. ;-;

&

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3854 on: December 11, 2013, 07:35:35 pm »
When I'm feeling like this, I tend to watch other people play games instead of playing them myself.  I speak, of course, about watching Let's Plays.