Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1512618 times)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6195 on: November 12, 2015, 10:50:47 pm »
Eh, Final Fantasy VII sucked anyway.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6196 on: November 12, 2015, 11:04:51 pm »
Well, my roomate is playing Fallout 4 and this happened.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6197 on: November 13, 2015, 12:11:33 am »
Uh....?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6198 on: November 13, 2015, 01:05:16 am »
Oh, did I mention that I have a hitsquad of nuns? Because I have a fucking hitsquad of nuns.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6199 on: November 13, 2015, 02:37:13 am »
What is happening there? I don't see the joke.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6200 on: November 13, 2015, 08:22:43 am »
Oh, did I mention that I have a hitsquad of nuns? Because I have a fucking hitsquad of nuns.

have you been playing soulstorm? i've got that too. if they behave well, they're my "nuns with guns". if they die in droves, they're my "bolter bitches".
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6201 on: November 13, 2015, 08:28:27 am »

have you been playing soulstorm? i've got that too. if they behave well, they're my "nuns with guns". if they die in droves, they're my "bolter bitches".

Nah, Crusader Kings 2. Basically, educate any female offspring for high intrigue, then order them to take the vows when they come of age and you'll have plenty of highly effective murderesses on hand for killing off those pesky rival patricians. Thanks to them, my plot power regularly crosses the 400% mark. It's absolutely wonderful.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6202 on: November 13, 2015, 08:34:55 am »

Nah, Crusader Kings 2. Basically, educate any female offspring for high intrigue, then order them to take the vows when they come of age and you'll have plenty of highly effective murderesses on hand for killing off those pesky rival patricians. Thanks to them, my plot power regularly crosses the 400% mark. It's absolutely wonderful.

just looked at what is crusader kings 2. seems a really cool game, but i'm not the grand strategy type. i will talk about it to a couple of friends for whom it's right up their alley, though. also, judging by review scores, that thing was a big hit. i saw 18/20 on average.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6203 on: November 13, 2015, 09:10:56 am »
With all the hype and being a fan of the franchise I'm fucking frustrated that my video card is barely below the minimum for Fallout 4. Even after recently moving and having had a fuckload of related expenses I might be able to dish out the extra cash to buy another 4 gigs of memory next month. A new video card, though... Fuck.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6204 on: November 13, 2015, 10:08:14 am »

If you need me, I'll be in the corner ranting about Games Workshop's bizarre and illogical business practices. Yes, this includes their inexplicable refusal to update the Sisters of Battle model line.
Who needs a signature?

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #6205 on: November 13, 2015, 10:22:35 am »
They are bringing back Epic, Blood Bowl, Necrormunda and Battlefleet Gothic.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6206 on: November 13, 2015, 10:43:07 am »
They are bringing back Epic, Blood Bowl, Necrormunda and Battlefleet Gothic.
Yay!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6207 on: November 13, 2015, 12:00:03 pm »
What is happening there? I don't see the joke.

There is an ox in his house. Sorry for the poor quality of that shot.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6208 on: November 13, 2015, 01:30:23 pm »

If you need me, I'll be in the corner ranting about Games Workshop's bizarre and illogical business practices. Yes, this includes their inexplicable refusal to update the Sisters of Battle model line.

this is just for you. you'll cry it's so accurate. also, the bolter bitches are... odd to play in soulstorm. i'd call them late-game powerhouses. if you can survive to late-game, you'll roffle-stomp everything with penitent engines, meltaguns, flamers, and the living saint.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Games_Workshop

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6209 on: November 13, 2015, 01:39:36 pm »
Eh, Final Fantasy VII sucked anyway.

Finally!  I really don't understand why everyone goes all ga-ga over FFVII.  Hilariously ironic that the people who bitch about Squall in 8 being a whiny, emo bitch are usually the same people that ride Cloud's dick like a bunch of groupies.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.