Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 23291 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Brexit
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 01:06:25 am »
I seriously doubt David Cameron's career will survive this debacle.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 01:08:15 am »
I don't get it. If they knew this was going to hurt their economy, why would they vote for this? I guess I don't really understand why they're voting to leave the EU to begin with.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 01:08:47 am »
I just hope Britain doesn't make everyone else's economy collapse too. Hope the world doesn't get fucked by this.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 01:25:54 am »
I don't get it. If they knew this was going to hurt their economy, why would they vote for this? I guess I don't really understand why they're voting to leave the EU to begin with.

because brown skinned people are scary.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 01:50:25 am »
Oh! Cause typical modern day racism.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 01:55:56 am »
BREXIT side used a lot of appeal to fears and scared people with the immigrants and refugees. They also relied on peoples hate of bureaucracy and they claimed that UK is giving more money to the EU than they gain from it. Which relies on faulty logic as many of the benefits from being a member of EU are hard to count. Like the free mobility in Europe that was bringing in foreign talent to UK and helping UK citizens find work abroad (which reminds me, an old roommate of mine is living in UK and I wonder if he has to take his family and leave now...) not to mention that the foreign trade is going to get a lot more complicated and rather than trading with a bunch of separate countries that make up Europe UK will now have to make trade deals with a united EU so they can't find a weak link that they could influence individually. Though the rest of the world is still the same any dealings with EU are going to cost a lot more.

...Partially because this was also a big blow to EU and if they let UK get off easy this will make other countries think that they can get out of EU and still reap the benefits.

EDIT: This was also a good example of why being right is not the most important thing if you are trying to influence people. BREXIT side was better at making people believe them and encourage them to vote. Simply relying on "the British people can't be that stupid" has come to bite the British in the ass. The other side really was too quiet as they were certain of their victory, they didn't work for the victory and although celebrities like Eddie Izzard tried to campaign for staying in UK it was too little, too late.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:04:51 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 02:13:53 am »
Remember, destroying your economy is preferable to letting brown people in.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 02:26:17 am »

What about all the brown people who voted to leave?

Or are you claiming that, of the 17,410,742 Britons who voted to cut ties with the EU, absolutely ALL of them were BNP-voting evil white people?

Because that's...demented.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:29:14 am by TheContrarian »

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 02:31:37 am »
Scary Brown skinned invaders are taking over!!! was the main thrust of the leave side regardless of whether or not brown skinned people in Britain voted for it. 

Although I am interest to know how the vote broke down on racial/ethnic lines.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 02:38:54 am »
Scary Brown skinned invaders are taking over!!! was the main thrust of the leave side regardless of whether or not brown skinned people in Britain voted for it.

No it wasn't, it's just the only thing you paid any attention to.

But given we could replace most progressives with a little doll with a pullstring that just recites "THAT'S RACIST.  THE IMMIGRATION MUST FLOW" when pulled, it's not exactly surprising you completely ignored the arguments about economic and legislative sovereignty in favour of your own retarded shrieking.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 02:49:43 am »
That's not true, the doll also should yell about stuff being sexist and homophobic.

But fair enough, what not immigration reasons are there for Brexit?  I ask because all of the information I can find on the matter agrees the economic arguments are complete bullshit.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 03:11:54 am »
German economic magazine Wirtschafts woche made a list of reasons why Britain leaving EU is a good thing.

TL;DR

This will make decisions in EU easier. For the last few years UK has been complaining about things and voting against more things than the other countries. Particularly over immigration they have resisted decisions, demanded alterations to suggestions and even when they have had their way they have voted against the eventual recommendation. Without UK things are easier (and Germany will be the biggest player in EU.)

UK economy has been "recovering" but that is simply an illusion. When the housing bubble bursts this will now only hurt UK and not pull the entire EU into another recession.

And a few more reasons all of which will boil down to "good for Germany, sucks to be UK."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 03:23:59 am »
HAHA BREXIT WINS

I, too, am laughing. Enjoy watching your economy collapse, nationalist britbongs.

Oh look, it's already happening.
Thought he was Aussie?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 03:28:17 am »

Or are you claiming that, of the 17,410,742 Britons who voted to cut ties with the EU, absolutely ALL of them were BNP-voting evil white people?

Because brown people can't be xenophobic or swayed by anti migrant rhetoric. Right?

Also isn't some of the anti migrant whinging against EU migrants? Poles look pretty white to me.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 03:34:25 am »

Because brown people can't be xenophobic or swayed by anti migrant rhetoric. Right?

Also isn't some of the anti migrant whinging against EU migrants? Poles look pretty white to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toL1tXrLA1c
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.