Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 23288 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Brexit
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 03:48:51 am »
HAHA BREXIT WINS

I, too, am laughing. Enjoy watching your economy collapse, nationalist britbongs.

Oh look, it's already happening.
Thought he was Aussie?

Yep. I am aussie.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 03:49:47 am »
Of course there will be less jawbz in the UK once the economic fallout sets in-for anybody. Wonder what the mood on the street is in Edinburgh right now...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 04:17:32 am »
Of course there will be less jawbz in the UK once the economic fallout sets in-for anybody. Wonder what the mood on the street is in Edinburgh right now...

Yes, but those jobs will be going to good white British folk, and not scary brown people or dirty Slavs.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 05:33:46 am »
EU has so many real problems besides the immigration boogie man that it's easy to get people riled up against it. The lack of transparency and democracy, the exaggerated but still annoying bureaucratic micro-managing tendencies, membership payments, big countries like France and Germany (and ironically UK) advancing their own agendas instead of the common good etc. When you've got a bunch of real problems in addition to emotional aspects around nationalism and xenophobia it's not easy to make people listen to your arguments for remaining. The EU leadership tried fearmongering with overblown comments such as brexit being a threat to the whole Western democracy which didn't help at all (this tactic didn't work with the Greeks either but they didn't learn their lesson).

The pro-EU side - both in the UK and outside it - failed to make their case about staying and activate people. People who are angry and dissatisfied about the status quo are always easier to activate. Of course, explaining the more complicated and long-term benefits of staying and encouraging people on their side to go vote was more difficult for them but from what I've heard from the people in Britain they didn't even try as hard as they could have.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 07:26:51 am »
Well, I tried staying up all night to see the results come in live but I quickly gave up on that. You can imagine how amused I was when I woke up to the results. Now I don't wanna fucking hear my father bitch about the goddamn immigrants 'cos I've been hearing this isn't really going to impact the immigration rate that much, and I KNOW he and everyone on that side of the family voted for this.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 09:15:48 am »
Well, the British economy is sure to take a hit and go through a small recession. Nevertheless, if there is a silver-lining, this is the first time in world history in which a nation left a free trade zone, and it could provide us quite the academic case study for its effects.

Still stupid. The real effect is that tariffs that were suspended due to the agreement will kick back up, British goods and services will be more expensive and harder to sell in Europe and European goods sold to Britons will be more expensive (for which Britons will bear the cost). Good news though, at least it shows that every nations has it's idiots, so maybe European wankers can get off of America's back.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2016, 09:37:36 am »
Scotland is already saying they're gonna hold a leave vote of their own.  By that I mean leaving the UK.  And Northern Ireland is looking south and wondering if wounds have healed enough that they can get back together with the rest of the Emerald Island.

Ironbite-Wales will be blowing bubbles into their milk until someone tells 'em they can also vote to leave.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2016, 09:51:12 am »
And, in the end, the United Kingdom won't be so united, anymore.  Good job breaking it, dumbasses.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2016, 09:52:54 am »
Seeing as Wales voted to leave the EU (unlike Scotland and Kim-Jong-Ireland) do they have a reason to dump England? Other than trying to emulate the cool kids?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2016, 09:59:20 am »
HAHA BREXIT WINS

I, too, am laughing. Enjoy watching your economy collapse, nationalist britbongs.

Oh look, it's already happening.
Thought he was Aussie?

Wasn't talking to Hof, but to nationalist britbongs.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2016, 11:00:58 am »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2016, 01:08:20 pm »
Update: found out somebody I like lives in Britain. An acquaintance-friend type. Not approving of this anymore.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2016, 01:13:05 pm »
A Youtuber from Britain apparently didn't like BREXIT so he started a Let's play of Democracy 3 where he does a BREXIT campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KULTAGCj5DA

"Close the borders, stop giving money to foreigners, cut down public healthcare (BREXIT campaign originally supported more funding but now that they actually won they said they will do the opposite.) Hey, why aren't we getting more money? How come our credit rating went down and why aren't those filthy foreigners coming in to our country to work?"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2016, 01:16:35 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/scotland-considers-second-referendum-vote-1.3650596

Sturgeon: "As things stand, Scotland faces the prospect of being taken out of the EU against her will. I regard that as democratically unacceptable. I think an independence referendum is now highly likely."

Basically, the UK would take another blow right when they're already going to be hit by leaving the EU, and Labour would find it much harder to form government since they've typically needed Scottish seats to do it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/23/leave-or-remain-eu-referendum-results-and-live-maps/

Specifically:

England: 46.8% remain, 53.2% leave
Scotland: 62% remain, 38% leave
Wales: 48.3% remain, 51.7% leave
Northern Ireland: 55.7% remain, 44.3% leave

But notably, London voted to remain (59.9%).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2016, 01:33:10 pm »
Someone has already suggested that London should leave UK and become a city state because "fuck this shit, we are outta here."