Author Topic: The Newbie Thread  (Read 242281 times)

Offline TPFKADF

• Neonate
Re: The Newbie Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2012, 02:29:03 pm »
Alright so I guess this is the place where I should have posted my introduction in the first place, I'm off to a great start following the rules already... ???

So, uh, hi?  :o

I'm not technically a total 'newbie' to FSTDT, but I don't need to get into that again...this time around I'm looking forward to actually getting to know some of the unique and interesting characters that I know this place attracts...

Not too much really to say about me...I'm a 21-year-old bi male from New York, currently in my senior year of college in Massachusetts. Formerly Catholic... depending on the day you ask, I'd describe my current view on religion as either agnostic, atheist, or just apatheist...I do have a tendency to be somewhat awkward at times, but, um, yeah... peace.  :)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2012, 03:00:38 pm »
Welcome, again! :)
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2012, 07:10:25 pm »
Atheist
In the Army
Native New Yorker
Ginger
Extorvert
Been on the FSTDT forums since 2004/5ish
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Offline speshuled67

• Apprentice
« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2012, 08:36:46 pm »
im an idiot, i posted this on the old board a few min. ago... pardon my stupid

hi, im speshuled, i grew up in a fundamentalist church and it wasn't until i was 18-ish that i just kind of gave up trying to convince myself of the existence of god.

politically i lean left, kinda far too. lately ive noticed how extreme the extremists are getting in america, and it fascinates me. i dont know if im just noticing more, or if they are actually going more and more publicly insane.

im looking forward to joining in some discussion with rational people about the state of affairs in the world. hopefully i can learn something, which is my favorite hobby.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-Isaac Asimov

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:37 pm »
Welcome, tygeramy and speshuled67. Hope you enjoy your time here in the forums.  :)
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2012, 10:35:12 pm »
Hey, speshuled! Glad to have you around!
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline jlujan69

• Neonate
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2012, 05:42:33 am »
I'm not actually new here, but I deactivated my acct. before, so as far as the site's concerned, I'm "new". I live in Guam with three ladies  ;)and that can be challenging at times. I'm one of 'em darned fundies ya'll are so fond of, but hey, I don't mind seeing the other fellow's POV, even if it's unlikely I'd ever agree with him on certain things. So..............I'm baaaaaack!!
Yeah, I'm a Fundy and I've probably said a darndest thing or two since becoming one.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2012, 01:21:54 pm »
.....ok are we supposed to care or can we ignore this one?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2012, 06:08:20 pm »
I'm not actually new here, but I deactivated my acct. before, so as far as the site's concerned, I'm "new". I live in Guam with three ladies  ;)and that can be challenging at times. I'm one of 'em darned fundies ya'll are so fond of, but hey, I don't mind seeing the other fellow's POV, even if it's unlikely I'd ever agree with him on certain things. So..............I'm baaaaaack!!

Nice to have you here. What do you mean by "fundie"? Not everyone on these boards is an atheist, if that's what you're worried about.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2012, 06:41:19 pm »

Nice to have you here. What do you mean by "fundie"? Not everyone on these boards is an atheist, if that's what you're worried about.

I know he's against gay marriage (or was, the last time I saw him).

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2012, 07:51:22 pm »

As long as he behaves with decorum and open-mindedness, and doesn't use every opportunity to derail threads with unrelated political views, I'm okay with that. Of course as a bi woman I disagree with him but that's no reason why discussion is impossible.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2012, 09:50:52 pm »
Welcome back, jlujan69.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2012, 01:46:08 am »
I forgot to say it earlier, but: Welcome back, Jlujan.

As long as he behaves with decorum and open-mindedness, and doesn't use every opportunity to derail threads with unrelated political views, I'm okay with that. Of course as a bi woman I disagree with him but that's no reason why discussion is impossible.

As I recall, he's quite open to discussion, isn't rude, and doesn't dodge points or direct questions. I actually quite enjoyed debating with him, and never disliked him as a person. Assuming I'm not mixing people up here, I think he even admitted that something I'd said got him to reconsider some of his views on the legality of gay marriage, even if he still opposed it on a personal level, which was something I really respected about him -- few people will admit that kind of thing. I'll see if I can find the thread, though I can't guarantee that I won't be lazy and give up ten seconds after submitting this post. ;)

Edit: Wasn't lazy, found thread: http://fstdt.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rp&action=display&thread=6457&page=1 The gay marriage debate starts somewhere around page 12.

Edit 2: Damn, that thread is making me nostalgic.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 02:05:18 am by Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2012, 03:42:05 am »
I forgot to say it earlier, but: Welcome back, Jlujan.

As I recall, he's quite open to discussion, isn't rude, and doesn't dodge points or direct questions. I actually quite enjoyed debating with him, and never disliked him as a person. Assuming I'm not mixing people up here, I think he even admitted that something I'd said got him to reconsider some of his views on the legality of gay marriage, even if he still opposed it on a personal level, which was something I really respected about him -- few people will admit that kind of thing. I'll see if I can find the thread, though I can't guarantee that I won't be lazy and give up ten seconds after submitting this post. ;)

Edit: Wasn't lazy, found thread: http://fstdt.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rp&action=display&thread=6457&page=1 The gay marriage debate starts somewhere around page 12.

Edit 2: Damn, that thread is making me nostalgic.

Well, I read the thread and I'm very pleased with how open-minded jlujan was. Again, welcome to the motherfucking forums. :)

Offline TPFKADF

• Neonate
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2012, 04:03:08 am »
Hi jlujan69...I assume you are the same jlujan69 who posts on Christian Forums?