Author Topic: Texan lawmaker uses floor time to rail against gay space colonies  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Texan lawmaker uses floor time to rail against gay space colonies
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 06:54:57 pm »
I dunno, Contrarian makes a good point. It's been 200 years. If a German family immigrated to America in 1816, we wouldn't still call them German.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 07:54:27 pm »
I dunno, Contrarian makes a good point. It's been 200 years. If a German family immigrated to America in 1816, we wouldn't still call them German.
Actually, they would. It seems rather common for Americans to call themselves "German", "Italian", "Irish", "French" or some other nationality when they were born in the States, grew up there, only speak English and have never set foot in their supposed homeland even once, all because they have one or two ancestors from there.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 08:30:11 pm »
...fair point.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 08:32:51 pm »
Case in point, I consider myself Irish despite my ancestors arriving in the 1600's and 1700's, and Jewish despite it being a century since that side got here and not being actually religious.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 10:23:47 pm »
You guys are weird.  I consider myself Southern, at most.  Usually, just a human who happens to speak a certain dialect of a certain language.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

pyro

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 11:08:50 pm »
I know I have Irish ancestors, Australian ancestors, and ancestors that predate the European settlement. I just call myself American.

There are people who would call themselves one of the above, but pretty much only because they're into that.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2016, 01:02:03 am »
Oh do tell us about the importance of proper breeding mr Tory Tophat under the reign of your imported German monarchs.

So you don't believe immigrant families can ever be naturalised, even given 200 years?  That sounds a bit racist. 

Just what I'd expect from an inbred fuckwit.

Now take your duelling banjos and piss off.
Were I an inbred fuckwit you'd be paying fealty to me and singing God Save me, surely.

Back in your box peasant!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2016, 01:16:16 am »
Well, the Southern politicians DO make a pretty convincing argument. We've elected even more inbred versions of the Habsburg dynasty. Just look at Louie Gohmert.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer