Author Topic: First ebola case diagnosed in the US.  (Read 7985 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: First ebola case diagnosed in the US.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 12:53:46 am »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 01:00:50 am »
Poor Fiona...

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 01:05:03 am »
Good point.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 01:18:19 am »
Good point.
I felt like commenting how FQA is the one place on the internet where a discussion about an epidemic turns into one about threesomes involving shrek but then I realized this probably isn't true.
That reasoning does not really work when you are the only one derailing the conversation.

*Lizard goes to Mothers Against Drunk Driving forum and comments on the topic of breastfeeding that hamsters sometimes eat their babies.*
"Isn't it weird that this is the only place where conversation about breastfeeding turns to conversation about hamsters eating their babies? LOL AINT THAT WEIRD!! IM SOOOO FUNNY!!!!"-Lizard
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 01:18:56 am »
Good point.
I felt like commenting how FQA is the one place on the internet where a discussion about an epidemic turns into one about threesomes involving shrek but then I realized this probably isn't true.
That reasoning does not really work when you are the only one derailing the conversation.

*Lizard goes to Mothers Against Drunk Driving forum and comments on the topic of breastfeeding that hamsters sometimes eat their babies.*
"Isn't it weird that this is the only place where conversation about breastfeeding turns to conversation about hamsters eating their babies? LOL AINT THAT WEIRD!! IM SOOOO FUNNY!!!!"-Lizard
Exactly.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 02:11:45 am »
Good point.

sorry.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 01:06:18 pm »
I don't think this is going to become another Spanish flu pandemic. It definitely won't be the Black Plague. We'll probably see a ban on travel to Libya, Nigera, and the region most affected by Ebola, and a trade embargo as well.

Liberia =/= Libya. Libya's not had any outbreak yet.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 06:11:50 pm »
Calm down, please.  Next week's brand new panic-threat is almost here.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 09:02:57 pm »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 12:53:23 am »
Someone already drew parallels between Ebola and HIV. Both are diseases that are really bad at infecting people, but are very lethal for those who are infected. HIV has been in USA for decades but people still refuse to use condoms. Two people in USA have Ebola (and they are kept in isolation) and everyone panics.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 12:09:56 pm »
HIV takes years to kill, ebola takes days or weeks.
Σא

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 03:01:15 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29493759

Looks like the US is likely to join the club of countries that have had an ebola fatality.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 01:04:40 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29493759

Looks like the US is likely to join the club of countries that have had an ebola fatality.

Sad news update.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/08/ebola-dallas-texas-health-hospital/16910143/

Thomas Eric Duncan, who was admitted to the hospital on September 28, was pronounced dead at 7:51 a.m. Wednesday, read a statement released from the hospital.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 01:15:02 pm »
That really sucks. I especially feel bad for his family because of the strict precautions they have to take with his body now. And I assume the family is still quarantined anyway.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 01:33:47 pm »
Someone already drew parallels between Ebola and HIV. Both are diseases that are really bad at infecting people, but are very lethal for those who are infected. HIV has been in USA for decades but people still refuse to use condoms. Two people in USA have Ebola (and they are kept in isolation) and everyone panics.

I seriously doubt Ebola will take a foothold here in the U.S. It probably will in West Africa, though.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.