Author Topic: GOP Attendees Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Called Her An 'Animal'  (Read 5275 times)

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
Two attendees at the Republican National Convention were thrown out of the convention center in Tampa on Tuesday after throwing nuts at a black CNN camerawoman and saying, "this is how we feed the animals."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/republican-cnn-attack-animal-peanuts-racist_n_1838249.html

OK. So the organisers did the right thing and condemned this behaviour, but still it should be a huge embarrassment to the Repubs.

Distind

I'd say that might cost Romney some votes, but given his African American vote chunk was a whopping 0%...

But seriously, these people have a lesser grasp of tact than I do.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
Two attendees at the Republican National Convention were thrown out of the convention center in Tampa on Tuesday after throwing nuts at a black CNN camerawoman and saying, "this is how we feed the animals."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/28/republican-cnn-attack-animal-peanuts-racist_n_1838249.html

OK. So the organisers did the right thing and condemned this behaviour, but still it should be a huge embarrassment to the Repubs.

They always condemn this behavior and love to point out that they did so.  Which doesn't speak to the fact that it keeps happening in their party...

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Fucking wow.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
So 2 people were being racist shitbags and they were promptly thrown out. I don't see the problem here. The incident was handled exactly as it should have been.

I'm really hoping people don't try to pin this on the entire party. That would just cause them to lapse into the same tired "we're not really racist" victim narrative that prevents them from seeing how their attitudes and policies work toward normalizing this behavior.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
I would love to know what made these people decide that it was a good idea to behave this way.

My guess is that they had a bit too much to drink.  In vino veritas.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Republicans sure know how to stay classy...eh? Remember folks republicans aren't racist, it's the liberals who are. Lol

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
I'm going to go with "this is a fringe thing". I will say that the Republicans should have a talk about their racist fringe element, and take real steps to show that this sort of thing is not acceptable in American politics. Here's a suggestion - Mitt Romney could make this statement:

"There are many reasons to vote against Barack Obama. His economic policy has failed the country, he has engaged in rampant spending, [insert a few more standard Republican talking points]. However, his race is NOT a reason to vote against him. If you're voting against Barack Obama just because he's African-American, then I don't even want your vote."
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Art Vandelay

I'm going to go with "this is a fringe thing". I will say that the Republicans should have a talk about their racist fringe element, and take real steps to show that this sort of thing is not acceptable in American politics. Here's a suggestion - Mitt Romney could make this statement:

"There are many reasons to vote against Barack Obama. His economic policy has failed the country, he has engaged in rampant spending, [insert a few more standard Republican talking points]. However, his race is NOT a reason to vote against him. If you're voting against Barack Obama just because he's African-American, then I don't even want your vote."
Damn straight. Consider yourself Fuck Yeah'd.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Apparently a bunch of attendees also chanted "USA! USA! USA!" over a Puerto Rican speaker at one point, though the GOP has said that it was an attempt to drown out the Ron Paul protestors rather than disparage Hispanics and Latinos... so take that as you will.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
This is why it's hard to tell what's satire or not, just when you think those in the Republican party can't get any lower, they do something like this. You have to wonder if this onion article will be a reality soon.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
So 2 people were being racist shitbags and they were promptly thrown out. I don't see the problem here. The incident was handled exactly as it should have been.

I'm really hoping people don't try to pin this on the entire party. That would just cause them to lapse into the same tired "we're not really racist" victim narrative that prevents them from seeing how their attitudes and policies work toward normalizing this behavior.

Unfortunately, that will probably happen as the Republican demographics are mainly made up mostly of upper class people of whom the majority is white. The fact that the tea party element is among the ranks doesn't help either.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Thank goodness it was only two people. I was thinking it was a whole crowd.

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
Thank goodness it was only two people. I was thinking it was a whole crowd.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.

If Romney would have the balls to make a statement like this, then he would probably deserve to be president.