Author Topic: Ex-LA Cop on a Rampage  (Read 16384 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Ex-LA Cop on a Rampage
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 11:06:05 am »
The police are giving a press conference to announce...

... They've filed murder charges against Dorner.

We did not need a press conference for that, thanks. We figured.

What was the point?

The point I think was that while we (the royal we) have been trying him in our minds and conversations with information through the press, that's not quite the same as the police officially charging him with murder. Even though he's an awful human, he's still an American citizen entitled to due process.

I don't think we need to all hear that he's being charged with murder. The entire point behind the manhunt is that he's murdering people. We didn't need to hold a press conference to officially charge Osama Bin Laden with terrorism after he was publicly identified as a terrorist. Everyone already KNOWS what the crime is. That's the whole reason anyone knows about him.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Distind

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2013, 02:00:20 pm »
I don't think we need to all hear that he's being charged with murder. The entire point behind the manhunt is that he's murdering people. We didn't need to hold a press conference to officially charge Osama Bin Laden with terrorism after he was publicly identified as a terrorist. Everyone already KNOWS what the crime is. That's the whole reason anyone knows about him.
Technically speaking without charges filed against him he could walk. That said, it's still just the cops saying something to say anything.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2013, 06:16:07 pm »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2013, 06:27:32 pm »
Technically speaking without charges filed against him he could walk. That said, it's still just the cops saying something to say anything.

Nobody said he never needs charges formally filed against him. They just don't need to file them DURING the manhunt, let alone make a press charge stating the obvious.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 08:08:31 pm »
So now cops are in a shoot-out with the bastard. Oh boy...

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 09:15:27 pm »
One deputy is dead from the shootout so far and another's wounded, and the cabin's apparently on fire. I think that's 4 deaths total.

Apparently he was fired for filing a false report, claiming that a training officer kicked a mentally ill suspect, and blames the firing on racism. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the report really WAS true and they were trying to cover up the abuse.

• The Beast
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2013, 09:16:51 pm »
One deputy is dead from the shootout so far and another's wounded, and the cabin's apparently on fire. I think that's 4 deaths total.
Oh god... :-\

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2013, 09:57:48 pm »

Oh boy... You thinking what I'm thinking?

CSTDT is gonna be pounded with material after what I shall call Waco 2: Electric Boogaloo.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2013, 10:20:08 pm »

Oh boy... You thinking what I'm thinking?
Uh, I think so, Brain, but burlap chafes me so.

CSTDT is gonna be pounded with material after what I shall call Waco 2: Electric Boogaloo.
That too.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2013, 10:25:27 pm »

Apparently he was fired for filing a false report, claiming that a training officer kicked a mentally ill suspect, and blames the firing on racism. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the report really WAS true and they were trying to cover up the abuse.

I'm pretty sure they were a bit more concerned with the way he threatened to kill all of them and their families.  I'm not a fan of the LAPD by any means, but the guy was mentally ill, and there just isn't much reason to take his word for it.  Looking for the conspiracy angle at this point is a little too tinfoil hat.

But yeah, he's dead now.  Reports are still coming in, but they're pretty sure he killed himself.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2013, 10:28:42 pm »

I'm pretty sure they were a bit more concerned with the way he threatened to kill all of them and their families.  I'm not a fan of the LAPD by any means, but the guy was mentally ill, and there just isn't much reason to take his word for it.  Looking for the conspiracy angle at this point is a little too tinfoil hat.

But yeah, he's dead now.  Reports are still coming in, but they're pretty sure he killed himself.

There's no conspiracy regarding corruption in the LAPD. Falsifying a report for kicking a mentally ill suspect and getting a guy fired for trying to report it is really mundane by bad cop standards.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2013, 10:49:48 pm »
Well... what now, I wonder?

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2013, 11:33:05 pm »

There's no conspiracy regarding corruption in the LAPD. Falsifying a report for kicking a mentally ill suspect and getting a guy fired for trying to report it is really mundane by bad cop standards.

Yes, but assuming that's the reason the police have been trying to find and kill him is a bit of a stretch.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2013, 11:51:03 pm »
Yes, but assuming that's the reason the police have been trying to find and kill him is a bit of a stretch.

I never SAID that, though. I only brought up how he was fired for apparently falsifying a report regarding suspect abuse, and how it wouldn't surprise me if it really was the truth and they fired him for not yielding. Corruption in the LAPD on that level is typical. I never suggested that they're out hunting him for being a seeker of justice. It's pretty apparent that it's because he's murdering people.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2013, 12:45:44 am »
They're not sure he's dead.