Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513008 times)

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3645 on: November 09, 2013, 08:31:40 pm »
Having bought the new Phoenix Wright yesterday and having gotten through the first case I can happily say the move to 3D didn't botch the game. Although some of the facial expressions look like they could have used some work.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3646 on: November 10, 2013, 03:47:29 am »
State of decay is awesome.

The lag is a bit ridiculous, for some reason i can run around in a forest fine, but as soon as i walk inside it stutters and goes full retard.

But its great, tad clunky in combat and...everything. But its brimming with so much ass kicking potential
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3647 on: November 10, 2013, 04:19:48 pm »
Going back to System Shock 2. Got some new graphical mods and some fan campaigns to try.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3648 on: November 11, 2013, 03:18:06 am »
Last night, I rejoined EVE Online. Since I last quit, they've added Dust 514, an MMOFPS in the same universe. I just got done providing some orbital fire support for some gropos. It was awesome - seeing my ship firing at a planet, and hearing their gleeful reactions as I obliterated the enemy positions.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3649 on: November 11, 2013, 05:11:01 am »
Last night, I rejoined EVE Online. Since I last quit, they've added Dust 514, an MMOFPS in the same universe. I just got done providing some orbital fire support for some gropos. It was awesome - seeing my ship firing at a planet, and hearing their gleeful reactions as I obliterated the enemy positions.

Love playing DUST 514, seeing the orbital bombardment close up is pretty intense.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3650 on: November 12, 2013, 03:09:01 pm »

Love playing DUST 514, seeing the orbital bombardment close up is pretty intense.

I just think it's awesome that I can fire a shot from one game and hit a target in another game.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #3651 on: November 12, 2013, 06:27:35 pm »
So I got Bioshock: Infinite recently for $39. All I can think of at this exact moment is that this game is freaking kickass.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3652 on: November 12, 2013, 06:27:54 pm »
Yeah so Microsoft went ahead and put the first official to be sold Xbox One in a shark tank.

http://nzgamer.com/news/6972/worlds-first-xbox-one-being-guarded-by-sharks.html

Ironbite-nope I got nothing here.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3653 on: November 12, 2013, 06:50:55 pm »
Yeah so Microsoft went ahead and put the first official to be sold Xbox One in a shark tank.

http://nzgamer.com/news/6972/worlds-first-xbox-one-being-guarded-by-sharks.html

Ironbite-nope I got nothing here.

They must think that New Zealand is the same thing as Australia.

Over there, fighting sharks to get to an Xbox WOULD make sense.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3654 on: November 12, 2013, 09:03:58 pm »
This is less about security and more about publicity.

Oh, sorry, I was in my Captain Obvious persona there.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3655 on: November 12, 2013, 11:39:34 pm »
Played an hour or so of the first Assassin's Creed, suddenly I remember why I can't stand that game. Extremely long winded and pretentious dialogue, loose controls and my god, an hour in and the tutorials are still going, with a nice big helping of redundancy to make things extra infuriating. Not to mention, once the tutorials are finally done, the gameplay is the lovely mix of dull and repetitive.

Could someone please explain to me how this game was successful enough to spawn an entire franchise? What exactly is there to like about this game?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:42:05 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3656 on: November 12, 2013, 11:45:08 pm »
Who cares, its a moneymaker
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3657 on: November 13, 2013, 12:05:46 am »
Played an hour or so of the first Assassin's Creed, suddenly I remember why I can't stand that game. Extremely long winded and pretentious dialogue, loose controls and my god, an hour in and the tutorials are still going, with a nice big helping of redundancy to make things extra infuriating. Not to mention, once the tutorials are finally done, the gameplay is the lovely mix of dull and repetitive.

Could someone please explain to me how this game was successful enough to spawn an entire franchise? What exactly is there to like about this game?

I personally don't get why the first one was so liked, but the following games in the series are far, far better. Ezio's a much more likeable character and even Altair is more interesting when he returns in Revelations. The rest of the series is far less repetitive and the controls are a lot better.
Who needs a signature?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3658 on: November 13, 2013, 12:16:39 am »

I personally don't get why the first one was so liked, but the following games in the series are far, far better. Ezio's a much more likeable character and even Altair is more interesting when he returns in Revelations. The rest of the series is far less repetitive and the controls are a lot better.

Sure, but for the sequels to exist in the first place, the original has to do at least reasonably well. What I'm wondering is how that happened in the first place.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3659 on: November 13, 2013, 02:11:07 am »
Because people have different levels of standards
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet