Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1650645 times)

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1995 on: February 17, 2013, 04:33:33 pm »

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1996 on: February 17, 2013, 04:37:22 pm »

Do you have any idea how insulting that is?  Palpatine never orchestrated a massive, systematic cover-up of sex abuse cases.  I think you owe the Emperor an apology.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1997 on: February 17, 2013, 04:42:19 pm »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1998 on: February 17, 2013, 04:54:23 pm »
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1999 on: February 17, 2013, 05:13:16 pm »
That was a weird case that guy who drank colloidal silver

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2000 on: February 17, 2013, 05:25:09 pm »
Oh I thought it was that genetic trait. The Fugate family had it:

The reason they had it was because of inbreeding, so the recessive gene for blue skin came out.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2001 on: February 17, 2013, 07:46:03 pm »

Do you have any idea how insulting that is?  Palpatine never orchestrated a massive, systematic cover-up of sex abuse cases.  I think you owe the Emperor an apology.

As a card carrying member of the Palpatine fan club, THANK YOU!!!

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #2002 on: February 17, 2013, 08:30:52 pm »

The reason they had it was because of inbreeding, so the recessive gene for blue skin came out.

This freaks me out because I had a Sargent in the army who had silvery-blue skin.  The rumor was it was caused by anemia. 

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2003 on: February 17, 2013, 08:59:32 pm »

This freaks me out because I had a Sargent in the army who had silvery-blue skin.  The rumor was it was caused by anemia.

Cyanosis

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2004 on: February 17, 2013, 10:02:23 pm »

EDIT:  Oops.  Fixed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:56:25 am by Veras »
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2005 on: February 17, 2013, 10:03:29 pm »

"You will not crucify man on a cross of Gold!"
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2006 on: February 17, 2013, 10:25:06 pm »

Yeah, you can't directly link to images from mail attachments.  You're gonna have to rehost it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2007 on: February 19, 2013, 05:20:00 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Julian

• Pope
« Reply #2008 on: February 19, 2013, 05:54:55 am »
...because single-dip recession is just so lame and American.

Again I ask... WTF?
OK, let's see...

Fur cup = fuck up (thanks whomever pointed that out to me), and is a reference to Starbucks paying less than 1% tax on billions of profits, when there is a huge problem with budget deficits. It's a running thing.

The fat cats in business suits are the bankers.

The little twat that's been trodden on is Osborne, who's meant to be chancellor of the exchequer and is meant to hand down sane budgets and be in charge of fiscal policy, but he's a "strategy" based extremist vicious toady weasel, who essentially waging war on anyone earning less than 100K(pounds) a year. The thing on his arm that looks like a matador's cape is a sloth. Yes, there's symbolism for that too, but can't be assed typing it. He's also wearing toff's clothing.

The guy in the hole in the ground is Nick Clegg. No time to talk about what a self-deluded asswipe he is.

The triple dip recession is:
- The great recession.
- Osborne fucking up Labour's recovery when the twats were voted in (making a double dip recession.) Legitimate economic term for exactly this. (in recession, out of recession but not back to normal, back in recession.)
- Triple dip recession. The Olympics put a blip in the quarterly figures. A recession is two consecutive quarters of negative growth. The Olympics caused a quarter of positive growth. Given Osborne's policies are engineering a death spiral that has barely begun to kick in, a triple dip recession was always going to be the thing that followed the Olympics.

Why they had to do a three headed dinosaur, not sure. Dinosaurs are huge and ponderous and most likely uncontrollable, so that's good, and Osborne was undoubtedly trying to do just that before he got stepped on. And the look on the dinosaur's face? Well he just stepped in shit didn't he. There's also a trampled AAA rating, and the broom is probably referring to one of the Tory policies of trying to kill red tape, pretend they're starting over, or just about any one of their "reforms" which are ill-advised and frankly malicious. They've used it a few times, so I couldn't say off the top of my head which one Rawson's referring to.

No idea who the snake is.

Not going to start on Cameron. (The shiny pink git)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2009 on: February 19, 2013, 06:01:56 am »
Thank you for the translation. Sometimes it is preferable to have things in the cartoon tagged with their names. Especially when they are such obscure references that don't make sense to anyone who hasn't read the comic since it's creation (and followed the local news religiously.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!