Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1652535 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #2280 on: May 01, 2013, 09:56:56 pm »

Spot on. And to think that people thought the world had learned a lesson from the Triangle Shirt Waist factory fire <bitter snark>.
Even the freaking Pope called them out on their working conditions. Actually he also said that such "slave labor" is "against God."

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2281 on: May 01, 2013, 11:29:01 pm »

Spot on. And to think that people thought the world had learned a lesson from the Triangle Shirt Waist factory fire <bitter snark>.
Even the freaking Pope called them out on their working conditions. Actually he also said that such "slave labor" is "against God."

Word!
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2282 on: May 02, 2013, 01:51:21 pm »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Reality Warper

• Bishop
« Reply #2283 on: May 03, 2013, 08:18:32 am »
Truth!

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2284 on: May 03, 2013, 02:28:20 pm »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2285 on: May 04, 2013, 04:33:46 pm »
KA-ZING!

In fact, homophobia, itself is un-African. Before the invaders, colonials & missionaries came along, homosexuality wasn't an issue. They saw homosexuality the same way as pre-colonial Native Americans.

Please don't fall into the 'tribal societies were more accepting of gays' thing. SOME tribes were. Others were just as harsh as the colonialists (the Nuer people, for example). Still others use oral sex between men as an initiation rite to purge men of the corrupting feminine influence of their mothers (which also happens in a few Pacific Islander tribes). Just like everyone else, different tribes have different customs.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2286 on: May 04, 2013, 04:42:09 pm »
^ That.

Not all tribes were paradises of acceptance and equality, only later tainted by Evil White People. Some had just as strict rules as the Middle Ages about status, sex, and sexuality and were just as brutal in their enforcement of their rules. It may only seem like some tribes accepted (or didn't care about) homosexuality because they funneled most of their energy and effort into survival alone, and worrying about who prefers to get squelchy with whom is a comparative luxury.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2287 on: May 04, 2013, 05:17:38 pm »
Still others use oral sex between men as an initiation rite to purge men of the corrupting feminine influence of their mothers (which also happens in a few Pacific Islander tribes).

Wait, what?
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2288 on: May 04, 2013, 06:44:52 pm »
Still others use oral sex between men as an initiation rite to purge men of the corrupting feminine influence of their mothers (which also happens in a few Pacific Islander tribes).

Wait, what?

Ah! The spiritual antecedents of MGTOW. We should send a wiki page about it to them. How inspiring  :)
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2289 on: May 04, 2013, 08:03:35 pm »

I disagree with marijuana laws, but I think it's a stretch to say marijuana is harmless most of the time. Some people can handle it if they smoke recreationally and some people become addicts.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

wrightway

« Reply #2290 on: May 04, 2013, 10:17:31 pm »
I was told it wasn't addictive. I take it I was told wrong?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2291 on: May 04, 2013, 10:36:23 pm »
I was told it wasn't addictive. I take it I was told wrong?

Yes, those people are subject to wishful thinking. A lot of people say marijuana is perfectly safe or that it never creates dependence (which I think is a better term for marijuana addiction, really). While I think some people can take marijuana every so often and be okay, my father has been completely dependent on pot to get through the day for years. It's absolutely a dependence on marijuana. It's a lot like how alcohol works.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2292 on: May 04, 2013, 10:39:37 pm »
So it doesn't necessarily create a physical addiction, but it does create a mental addiction easily?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2293 on: May 04, 2013, 10:40:47 pm »
So it doesn't necessarily create a physical addiction, but it does create a mental addiction easily?

Pretty much. Some people just get addicted to the calmness and detachment it creates.

wrightway

« Reply #2294 on: May 04, 2013, 10:54:17 pm »
Detachment is a great word for it. I saw that often. The ex was talking physical addiction.