Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1646054 times)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #3630 on: April 20, 2014, 10:03:39 am »
With Obama, the formula has been entirely reversed. The prior is "I hate Barack Obama". That is thought one, all other political views flow from that. Therefore, Obamacare is communism, despite Republicans universally supporting it a mere six years ago. In fact, this is true of all policy; Republicans do not hate Obama because they disagree with his policy, they pretend to disagree with his policy in order to justify their hatred of Barack Obama. Hence, negotiation with Obama is treason, compromise is treason, ect. It's entirely legitimate to sabotage the American economy for votes, because the biggest threat to the US economy is Obama's communist policy, which somehow caused the crisis in the first place.
It's not hate, it's political strategy.

The Republicans are seeking to make his tenure as president a complete failure so that the Democrats have nothing to hold up as a success come the next election. Why vote for the Republicans if the Democrats can and will implement the exact same big pieces of society changing legislation that people want(i.e. health care)? They know they are about to start hemorrhaging voters in the next decade because their shrinking core insists on regressive policies and the growing numbers of moderates and independents, where elections are won and lost, are tiring of them. The only mechanism they have left to keep both groups in the fold is to cripple the opposition so the moderates can resign themselves to the fact that the only way forward at all is with the GOP.

It will destroy them, but it appears that they would rather go out in a blaze of glory than suffer a short term tactical loss and loose control for a while.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3631 on: April 20, 2014, 10:04:58 am »

Tis funny, because I believe Vlad the Impaler is viewed as something of a folk hero in his home country.  Like, legitimate folk hero, not telling the media to make you into one because your cock's so infinitesimally small it may as well be a singularity.
It's mainly because he stood up to the Ottoman Empire.  People love a David vs. Goliath fight.  The same thing might have happened to Nicolae Ceaușescu too if he had gotten into a war with the Soviet Union.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3632 on: April 20, 2014, 10:36:12 am »

Tis funny, because I believe Vlad the Impaler is viewed as something of a folk hero in his home country.  Like, legitimate folk hero, not telling the media to make you into one because your cock's so infinitesimally small it may as well be a singularity.

Plus, Vlad Dracula has a cooler outfit, inspired a famous vampire character & doesn't look like Frank Gorshin The House Elf. *BLEH BLAH*!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3633 on: April 20, 2014, 12:13:52 pm »

Plus, Vlad Dracula has a cooler outfit, inspired a famous vampire character & doesn't look like Frank Gorshin The House Elf. *BLEH BLAH*!

From what I've read, Romanians actually tend to hate that most outsiders only know about Vlad through the vampire character, particularly since it's made Romania the target of constant parapsychologists and pseudo-scientists searching for "the truth behind the vampire legend."
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3634 on: April 20, 2014, 04:04:51 pm »
It must be noted that Vlad WAS a murderous psychopath. However, most of his nastiness was directed at the invading Ottomans, and the punishments on his people, sadly, weren't much worse that those in the rest of Europe.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3635 on: April 20, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »
It must be noted that Vlad WAS a murderous psychopath. However, most of his nastiness was directed at the invading Ottomans, and the punishments on his people, sadly, weren't much worse that those in the rest of Europe.
Then why did his name become synonymous with cruelty?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3636 on: April 20, 2014, 06:06:00 pm »
Because when your known as the "Impaler" it's kind of hard not to be known like that.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3637 on: April 20, 2014, 07:17:12 pm »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3638 on: April 20, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »
And the alternative plan of action for Snowden is...?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3639 on: April 20, 2014, 07:29:09 pm »
It was just commenting on the irony of Snowden seeking asylum in Russia.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3640 on: April 20, 2014, 07:45:05 pm »
It was just commenting on the irony of Snowden seeking asylum in Russia.

As opposed to Venezuela?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3641 on: April 20, 2014, 07:46:46 pm »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3642 on: April 20, 2014, 08:12:29 pm »

Because he deliberately cultivated a reputation for it. Romania was a tiny country right in between some very big warring powers; the best way to secure its safety was to make sure everyone was scared shitless of the man himself.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3643 on: April 20, 2014, 08:14:34 pm »

Because he deliberately cultivated a reputation for it. Romania was a tiny country right in between some very big warring powers; the best way to secure its safety was to make sure everyone was scared shitless of the man himself.
Shrewd.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3644 on: April 21, 2014, 12:23:33 pm »
You had to be, in those times.  Hell, even nowadays, you have to be, just to a less life-ending extent...more that people are scared shitless of a country's ability to kill you in horrible ways, rather than actually doing it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.