General Category > Suggestion Box

Quote to Quick Reply Anchor

(1/1)

N. De Plume:
Could we do something so the page doesn’t always jump right to the quick reply box at the bottom when I hit the quote for a post? If there is a post I want to quote, I hit quote, whether or not I am done reading all the posts on the thread. I do not want to hae to scroll back and try to remember who I am quoting. Sometimes I also want to quote several posts. Jumping right to the Quick Reply box results often results in a lot of unnecessary scrolling back up.

ironbite:
That's actually how I like it with simple machines.  You quote, and it goes down to quick reply.  It's not that hard to scroll back up though.

Ironbite-and I think it's part of the code of the forums.

N. De Plume:

--- Quote from: ironbite on January 04, 2012, 10:49:47 pm ---That's actually how I like it with simple machines.  You quote, and it goes down to quick reply.  It's not that hard to scroll back up though.
--- End quote ---
It is not hard, but it is annoying and redundant. Especially when trying to do a multi-quote.

Actually, if Simple Machines can run a multi-quote system similar to the one used by vBulletin, that would be good as well. I would use that instead of Quick Reply.

I’d rather do one of these than have to open a bunch of tabs and then do a bunch of copy ‘n’ paste to make my multiquotes.

Yla:
Speaking of QR, can I somehow get it to be open by default? This way eats my text if I somehow refresh.

N. De Plume:
Go to your Profile->Look and Layout. The second to last item is “Use quick reply on topic display.”  Select “show, on by default.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version