Community > FQA Projects

The Warden's Guide to Firearm safety and views (WORK IN PROGRESS)

<< < (18/19) > >>

Askold:
a) This is why I don't bet my life on the safety working on the gun.

b) They knew about this for decades?! They could have just gone "Let's fix this in the future guns and market it as an improvement" and that would have saved a lot of lives.

dpareja:

--- Quote from: Askold on May 22, 2017, 04:05:45 am ---b) They knew about this for decades?! They could have just gone "Let's fix this in the future guns and market it as an improvement" and that would have saved a lot of lives.

--- End quote ---

But that would have cost them money. Cheaper to just keep using the same trigger design.

Stormwarden:
Never rely on the safety, and always keep your guns unloaded when in storage or in transit. Especially true of longarms (pistols, of course, are used in Concealed-Carry, but safety rules still apply).

dpareja:

--- Quote from: Stormwarden on May 22, 2017, 10:14:46 pm ---Never rely on the safety, and always keep your guns unloaded when in storage or in transit. Especially true of longarms (pistols, of course, are used in Concealed-Carry, but safety rules still apply).

--- End quote ---

And check the chamber to be sure there isn't a bullet in there, and, in general, always assume it's loaded until you have personally verified that it isn't.

Svata:
I have a 'friend', who derides the practice of not keeping a bullet in the chamber.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version