Community > Politics and Government

Pakistan Transgender Leader Runs for Election

<< < (2/3) > >>

DasFuchs:
Yeah, I see her getting shot. They aren't too accepting of things like that in the mid east

gyeonghwa:

--- Quote from: DasFuchs on January 04, 2012, 12:39:42 pm ---Yeah, I see her getting shot. They aren't too accepting of things like that in the mid east

--- End quote ---

It's South Asia actually. They're more culturally aligned with India, even if they don't admit it.

Edit: I suppose it's Pakistan so it may be understandable, but did really use the term she-male? I thought that was offensive to many transwomen?

DasFuchs:

--- Quote from: gyeonghwa on January 04, 2012, 11:47:38 pm ---
--- Quote from: DasFuchs on January 04, 2012, 12:39:42 pm ---Yeah, I see her getting shot. They aren't too accepting of things like that in the mid east

--- End quote ---

It's South Asia actually. They're more culturally aligned with India, even if they don't admit it.

Edit: I suppose it's Pakistan so it may be understandable, but did really use the term she-male? I thought that was offensive to many transwomen?

--- End quote ---

Her odds are not improving

gyeonghwa:

--- Quote from: DasFuchs on January 04, 2012, 11:49:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: gyeonghwa on January 04, 2012, 11:47:38 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Her odds are not improving

--- End quote ---

No, I recognize that she would not do well there. Even in India, they've only recently decriminalize homosexuality (like in the last 5 years) and transgender people are largely invisible, so I don't expect Pakistan to be better in that regard.

Shane for Wax:
Re: She-male

that is the name their organization chose for themselves if I'm reading things right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version