Community > Politics and Government

Michele Bachmann drops out

(1/7) > >>

CaseAgainstFaith:

--- Quote ---WEST DES MOINES, Iowa -- In the wake of a disappointing finish in Tuesday's Iowa caucuses, Rep. Michele Bachmann announced Wednesday that she is suspending her campaign for president.

"Last night, the people of Iowa spoke with a very clear voice, and so I have decided to stand aside," she said at a hastily-arranged news conference here.

"I have no regrets," she added. "None whatsoever. We never compromised our principles." She said she "looks forward to the next chapter in God's plan."

Bachmann did not endorse another candidate.

Bachmann, a third-term Minnesota congressman and the founder of the Tea Party caucus in the House, won the support of just five percent of Iowa Republican caucus-goers Tuesday. She finished in sixth place in the caucuses, which was essentially last place among the major contenders, since Jon Huntsman did not contest the state.

She also came in last in the hard-fought, three-way race among the candidates targeting Iowa social conservatives, finishing behind second-place finisher Rick Santorum and fifth-place Rick Perry. Perry, the Texas governor, said Tuesday he is returning to the Lone Star State to reassess his campaign, though he said Wednesday he plans to stay in the race.

Bachmann said Republicans should "rally around" the Republican nominee in order to defeat President Obama next November. Thanking her husband, her campaign staffers and her supporters, she vowed to "continue to be a strong voice" for her beliefs.

It's been a sad fall for Bachmann in Iowa, where she was born. She won the straw poll here in August, a finish that briefly earned her frontrunner status for the caucuses. But her support eroded steadily since the summer, and an aggressive retail campaign here that included a recent 99-county, ten-day bus tour did not improve her standing.
--- End quote ---

source - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57352112-503544/michele-bachmann-drops-out-of-gop-race/

And another one bites the dust.  Now if she would just stay out of the media as well since she is no longer imo relevant to current events.  But I know that is just wishful thinking.

DasFuchs:
Like I said in the other thread, she's been out, she just didn't realize it till now.

Maybe she'll take a lesson from this that people won't buy her shit when it's found to be wrong by even the nuttiest of her followers.

Still I'll bet there's a good chunk of people weeping and crying right now because she's officially done

Aqualung:
YES!!!
(I'm trying to find a good dance .gif but my internet sucks. >.<)

Smurfette Principle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

fixed it for ya -Shane

Miles11:
Joy. Can she stop being a part of the news along with her husband now?

I honestly want to see their idiocy wilt away with this. However, considering that she is who she is, she'll probably find a way to be talked about all the time somehow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version