Rubbish > Preaching and Worship

Proof of Purgatory

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tolpuddle Martyr:
That's one freakishly deformed "hand" there, does yours like like that after flipping through the Just Jeans catalogue?

Skybison:
If purgatory is real, why isn't it mentioned in the bible?

Jacob Harrison:

--- Quote from: Skybison on November 22, 2018, 01:33:07 am ---If purgatory is real, why isn't it mentioned in the bible?

--- End quote ---

It is mentioned in the Bible.

--- Quote ---[41] Then they all blessed the just judgment of the Lord, who had discovered the things that were hidden. [42] And so betaking themselves to prayers, they besought him, that the sin which had been committed might be forgotten. But the most valiant Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves from sin, forasmuch as they saw before their eyes what had happened, because of the sins of those that were slain. [43] And making a gathering, he sent twelve thousand drachms of silver to Jerusalem for sacrifice to be offered for the sins of the dead, thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection, [44] (For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should rise again, it would have seemed superfluous and vain to pray for the dead,) [45] And because he considered that they who had fallen asleep with godliness, had great grace laid up for them. It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.

--- End quote ---
2 Maccabees 12:41-46 Douay-Rheim’s version

rookie:
Quick question. Is it only the christian bible we're allowed to use or can we use texts from other religions to prove and disprove various points with you? I ask because many other religions have followers just as ardent as you.

Jacob Harrison:

--- Quote from: rookie on November 22, 2018, 10:52:11 am ---Quick question. Is it only the christian bible we're allowed to use or can we use texts from other religions to prove and disprove various points with you? I ask because many other religions have followers just as ardent as you.

--- End quote ---

I don’t see how texts from other religions would disprove my points about Christianity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version