Author Topic: You go on a vacation...  (Read 21133 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: You go on a vacation...
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2018, 08:15:53 am »
What if the aliens restored the True Heir (of the week), but ate 5% of the population in exchange? Would that be okay?

It would be bad that they ate 5% of the population but good that they restored the true heir.

But would it be worth it? That is the question.

No because they could have restored the true heir without eating 5% of the population.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2018, 08:22:41 am »
Is there any question that you can answer without moving the goalposts? Cnut's kingdom had multiple levels of government but suddenly it's not enough for you. The Vatican government is really simplistic and has no more levels than they did but somehow that's still "civilized" according to you.

As it appears that you do not debate fairly I see no reason to continue to talk with you.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2018, 08:25:54 am »
Is there any question that you can answer without moving the goalposts? Cnut's kingdom had multiple levels of government but suddenly it's not enough for you. The Vatican government is really simplistic and has no more levels than they did but somehow that's still "civilized" according to you.

As it appears that you do not debate fairly I see no reason to continue to talk with you.

How hard is it to understand? As I said, Cnut conquered England which was advanced enough because it had multiple levels of government so his conquest of England was wrong and he deposed the rightful King.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:36:07 am by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2018, 08:38:42 am »

How hard is it to understand? As I said, Cnut conquered England which was advanced enough because it had multiple levels of government so his conquest of England was wrong and he deposed the rightful King.
It's not hard to understand.

If you like them, it's ok. If you don't it's not. Which is why you never answered my question about al-Andalus.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2018, 08:56:03 am »
Knut's government had multiple levels as well, but as always you disregard things that don't work and if I'll ask for a number you'll pick one that suits you best and then ignore it when I prove that the British conquered nations with complex and multilevel governments.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2018, 09:04:07 am »
Knut's government had multiple levels as well, but as always you disregard things that don't work and if I'll ask for a number you'll pick one that suits you best and then ignore it when I prove that the British conquered nations with complex and multilevel governments.

I know that Knuts government had multiple levels, but it was illegitimate because he conquered the previous legitimate government of England. And yes the British conquered nations around the world but the British government that did so was illegitimate because it did not have the rightful heir on the throne.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2018, 09:05:48 am »

If you like them, it's ok. If you don't it's not. Which is why you never answered my question about al-Andalus.

I am not a fan of al-Andalus because they conquered the Christian kingdoms of Spain that were advanced enough that they counted as nations.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2018, 09:33:59 am »
Let me ask you a question. Why the obsession over who is basically a figurehead of a foriegn (to you) government?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2018, 09:36:08 am »
Let me ask you a question. Why the obsession over who is basically a figurehead of a foriegn (to you) government?

Because I have English ancestry so I have a strong attachment to England.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2018, 10:14:15 am »

I am not a fan of al-Andalus because they conquered the Christian kingdoms of Spain that were advanced enough that they counted as nations.
I know, Christian royals in Spain were big fans of burning Jewish people and various others they regarded as heretics while the Caphilate tolerated Jewish and Christian communities-they also had lots of that art, science and culture stuff going on. Very suspicious.

Because I have English ancestry so I have a strong attachment to England.
Your ancestry means nothing, you don't live there, you've probably never set foot there. The England you're in love with is a psuedohistorical fantasy that nobody living in Britain cares for or wants.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:19:46 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2018, 10:16:23 am »
What if the aliens restored the True Heir (of the week), but ate 5% of the population in exchange? Would that be okay?

It would be bad that they ate 5% of the population but good that they restored the true heir.

If the true heir is a cannibal, would it be worth it if he eats 5% of the population?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2018, 10:20:08 am »

I know, Christian royals in Spain were big fans of burning Jewish people and various others they regarded as heretics while the Caphilate tolerated Jewish and Christian communities-they also had lots of that art, science and culture stuff going on. Very suspicious.

The inquisition was in response to the Muslim conquests of Spain. Jews were targeted in the inquisition because they were seen as collaborators with the Muslim invaders, but they were given mercy because they could leave Spain if they didn’t want to convert to Christianity. And my ancestry means something because it makes me obligated to help the true heir who deserves to be on the throne of England. I only have a say in English affairs because the true heir does.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:03:40 am by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2018, 10:23:02 am »

If the true heir is a cannibal, would it be worth it if he eats 5% of the population?

Then I would kidnap the son of the true heir and raise him to not be a cannibal and put him on the throne instead of his cannibal father.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2018, 11:11:41 am »
HAH!

a) You couldn't kidnap a small dog.

b) That's moving the goalpost again. You just can't help it.

Anyway, final chance:

Direct question: Let's define some things. WHEN is a nation so advanced (according to your bullshit rules) that no one is allowed to conquer it?

Is it about the level of bureaucracy in the government? Can you give any definition RIGHT NOW that you will not change once pointed out that there is another nation that fits the bill better?

If such a "sufficiently advanced" nation is conquered or the leader dethroned, do you still think that the heirs/descendants of the last "legitimate" ruler should get their land back? If so, how much of the old nation do they deserve to regain? The old borders of the time or the current ones?

Consider your reply carefully before posting it because I am not going to allow you to move the goalposts again.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2018, 11:27:09 am »
HAH!

a) You couldn't kidnap a small dog.

b) That's moving the goalpost again. You just can't help it.

Anyway, final chance:

Direct question: Let's define some things. WHEN is a nation so advanced (according to your bullshit rules) that no one is allowed to conquer it?

Is it about the level of bureaucracy in the government? Can you give any definition RIGHT NOW that you will not change once pointed out that there is another nation that fits the bill better?

If such a "sufficiently advanced" nation is conquered or the leader dethroned, do you still think that the heirs/descendants of the last "legitimate" ruler should get their land back? If so, how much of the old nation do they deserve to regain? The old borders of the time or the current ones?

Consider your reply carefully before posting it because I am not going to allow you to move the goalposts again.

It has to have towns and cities and have at least two levels of government, with local governments for towns and cities, and a central government ruling over the local governments. It has to have writing, and knowledge of iron and steel making. And the heirs of the last legitimate ruler deserve to regain the old borders. England’s border has mostly stayed the same.