Community > Society and History

Shootings in Hanau, Germany

(1/8) > >>

Vanto:
https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/20/germany-shootings-what-we-know-about-the-hanau-attacks

The perpetrator was apparently a right-wing extremist and self-proclaimed incel who accused Trump of stealing his ideas.

And that's all the attention he should be given. We should focus on the people he killed, I'd say.

dpareja:
If more people had guns in Germany, there would have been a good guy with a gun to stop the bad guy with a gun there.

Vanto:

--- Quote from: dpareja on February 21, 2020, 01:38:33 am ---If more people had guns in Germany, there would have been a good guy with a gun to stop the bad guy with a gun there.

--- End quote ---

Well, it depends on how close the "good guy with a gun" was. In Charleston, there was none, so Roof could kill his victims at his leisure. In Sutherland Springs, there was one who arrived during the shooting, and he drove off Kelley. In White Settlement, there was one right there, and Kinnunen's attack ended in six seconds.

dpareja:

--- Quote from: Vanto on February 21, 2020, 02:12:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: dpareja on February 21, 2020, 01:38:33 am ---If more people had guns in Germany, there would have been a good guy with a gun to stop the bad guy with a gun there.

--- End quote ---

Well, it depends on how close the "good guy with a gun" was. In Charleston, there was none, so Roof could kill his victims at his leisure. In Sutherland Springs, there was one who arrived during the shooting, and he drove off Kelley. In White Settlement, there was one right there, and Kinnunen's attack ended in six seconds.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I'm aware of that. I was mocking gun-rights advocates who make that sort of argument.

Skybison:
Plus with Kelley even with the good guy with a gun he still killed more then Roof did and there have been other times like the Pulse nightclub shooting where the good guy wasn't able to stop the shooter. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version