Community > Politics and Government

President Joe Biden's massive clean up effort

(1/11) > >>

ironbite:
Making a massive thread in order to chronical all that the 46th President of the United States will be doing to clean up the mess from 45.  So enjoy!

Ironbite-I know I will.

dpareja:
I'm just waiting to see how long it takes before someone says "apology tour".

niam2023:
Shaun, some Breadtuber guy, is immediately going ahead and trashing being in favor of Biden.

As far as the far right, well, we have QAnon melting down in one corner, and the screaming fits of Madison Cawthorn in another.

"MUH MOUNTAIN VALUES!" -says man unaware that to most of the country "mountain values" equate to incest, cannibalism, and drinking raw nuclear waste.

dpareja:
Here's a fact I found interesting that's reflective of the country Joe Biden now leads: only six states have Senators from (or caucusing with) different parties, which is the lowest such number since at least the 1980s. (Those states are Maine, Montana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.)

It might have been lower at some point prior to the 1980s, but that would have been in the days of either broad coalitions (such as the FDR's New Deal coalition) or extreme polarization (such as around the Civil War).

EDIT: Further, in the forty-four states without split delegations, that state gave its electoral votes (or, in the case of Nebraska, its two statewide electoral votes) to the Presidential candidate of the same party as its Senators.

Cloud3514:

--- Quote from: niam2023 on January 20, 2021, 06:29:28 pm ---Shaun, some Breadtuber guy, is immediately going ahead and trashing being in favor of Biden.

--- End quote ---

Oh, so he's just continuing the shtick he's had going since Biden was declared the presumptive nominee. Shaun's also been collecting thousands of dollars a month on Patreon while only putting out a single video every few months, if not longer. The time between his two most recent videos was over eight months. They're all pretty well made, but I've been questioning how much of the work he does producing them after Jen, who he used the share the channel with, claimed to do most, if not all, of the work on researching his video on the Unite the Right rally. She kinda soured my view on him, especially since by that point I'd unfollowed him on Twitter because all he ever seems to do on Twitter nowadays is bitch about Biden and the Democrats. He's British, for the record.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version