Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1115015 times)

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1380 on: November 28, 2012, 04:53:18 pm »
We should test that.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1381 on: November 28, 2012, 05:00:22 pm »
Tipping is bullshit and should be banned. Pay your employees properly in the first damn place- one of the things I'm properly proud of my country about is a lack of bullshit dehumanizing tipping nonsense.

Plus, if I wanted to see that much cleavage, every-single-Vancouver-restaurant-waitress, I'd go to a strip joint.

Well then, quit bullshitting and become Supreme Benevolent Leader already.

No benevolent leader would reduce the amount of cleavage in the world.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1382 on: November 28, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »
Tipping is bullshit and should be banned. Pay your employees properly in the first damn place- one of the things I'm properly proud of my country about is a lack of bullshit dehumanizing tipping nonsense.

Plus, if I wanted to see that much cleavage, every-single-Vancouver-restaurant-waitress, I'd go to a strip joint.

He's not going to reduce it. If you want boobies then go to Hooters or a strip club.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1383 on: November 28, 2012, 05:28:16 pm »

He's not going to reduce it. If you want boobies then go to Hooters or a strip club.

No purely on a quantitative scale it will be reduced because it will be confined to certain locations which will be unable to accomodate the excess cleavage. Besides which I like some cleavage with my food, particularly if I am eating veal or dairy.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #1384 on: November 28, 2012, 07:24:14 pm »
Not necessarily, Davedan. Just because the waitresses aren't going to be over the top isn't stopping the customers from exposing massive amounts of cleavage.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1385 on: November 28, 2012, 07:30:04 pm »

No purely on a quantitative scale it will be reduced because it will be confined to certain locations which will be unable to accomodate the excess cleavage. Besides which I like some cleavage with my food, particularly if I am eating veal or dairy.

You mean that the surplus cleavage would overload those certain locations' boob capacity?
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1386 on: November 28, 2012, 07:34:03 pm »
Yes because cleavage isn't free standing.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1387 on: November 28, 2012, 07:59:09 pm »
Tipping creates an incentive to wear more revealing clothing. I don't think that uncontroversial statement is deserving of the abuse you've hurled at me for the last two pages, Rookie.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1388 on: November 28, 2012, 08:21:26 pm »
Tipping creates an incentive to wear more revealing clothing. I don't think that uncontroversial statement is deserving of the abuse you've hurled at me for the last two pages, Rookie.

What abuse would that be? For someone who has always impressed as being willing to pull no punches, this strikes me as being more than a little sensitive.

I am pretty sure everyone's having a laugh.

I haven't seen anything other than good natured ribbing. I can't speak for everyone but certainly I have no malice when engaged in a discussion about tits.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #1389 on: November 28, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »
Shortly after the Revolutionary War, they tried to largely abolish tipping, as it was seen as patronizing and opposed to the notion that "all men are created equal" (since at the time, you didn't tip an equal; you tipped a servant).  Unfortunately, since they didn't pay the servers anymore, this quickly fell to the wayside.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #1390 on: November 28, 2012, 11:11:28 pm »

Hey, my initial post in response to yours had nothing to do with cleavage. It was meant to poke fun at your extreme grasp of the irrelevant. Yes, it would be much better for everyone involved to pay people in the food service well enough that they wouldn't need to tip. But they don't. And it's been that way here way too long to be remedied overnight. You know that and posted it was more of you pissing in the wind, bemoaning all the things we do here you don't like. Or you didn't know that because you aren't really knowledgeable about who real Americans are, misinformed about our culture. And it's tough to tell sometimes.

Actually, it may be more of the latter. I'm going off of your statement about how tipping being an incentive to wear less clothes. Yes, in a simple way, that is true. But that's something you tend to see more of in bars than restaurants. Most restaurants have some sort of either uniform (as is the case in most big corporate places) or dress codes (like the smaller places).

Anyways, I wasn't picking on you because you because anything you said was controversial or not.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1391 on: November 28, 2012, 11:17:14 pm »
I've personally never been in a restaurant or Sports bar where the men or the women dressed more skimpy than one another except at ones where that was a selling point (Like Hooters). Sometimes the girls wear their polos unbuttoned, but so do some of the the men. As a bisexual, I can't say those are really... arousing, or taking advantage of.

Though I have heard of women getting sexually harassment and then getting 50-100 dollar worth of tips by some customers, but anecdotal hearsay evidence is... shaky.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #1392 on: November 28, 2012, 11:34:42 pm »
It happens from time to time. And as soon as she wants to say something, management would bounce the offender out so fast it'd make your head spin.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #1393 on: November 29, 2012, 06:28:30 am »
Don't even know where they get their figures.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1394 on: November 29, 2012, 08:25:28 am »
Gives money to Hamas I wish.
Also we don't give aid to China or if so very minor. 
And the budget is being worked on.