Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1115641 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1530 on: December 19, 2012, 10:46:02 am »
In that case of being able to only know pain isn't that basically a zombie in a sense not having any intelligence but still moving?  Also there was a case where the parents wanted the kid but it would have died in 5 seconds after birth cause kidneys and bladder were not forming

Offline Julian

• Pope
« Reply #1531 on: December 19, 2012, 11:15:04 am »

I truly hate this argument. I was very young when Reagen was shot, and I didn't learn of this fact til I was much older. It turns out he was surrounded by the Secret Service. Those guys are in the top ten in the world as far as bodyguards go. Yet he still got shot.
West Wing Season II, Episode I. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745640/quotes
C.J. Cregg: There were 36 homicides last night. 480 sexual assaults. 3411 robberies. 3685 aggravated assaults, all at gun point. And if anyone thinks those crimes could have been prevented if the victims themselves had been carrying guns, I only remind you that the President of the United States was shot last night while surrounded by the best-trained armed guards in the history of the world.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1532 on: December 19, 2012, 11:18:17 am »
Also arming the teachers seems disruptive.  Not saying they will pull out their guns if the kids misbehave but having them creates this sense of dread in the room.   

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1533 on: December 19, 2012, 11:39:26 am »
The argument is poor because of why the Israelies armed their teachers. It wasn't to protect attacks from people with mental health issues, it was to protect from people who know damn well what they're doing.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1534 on: December 19, 2012, 11:40:22 am »
West Wing Season II, Episode I. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0745640/quotes
C.J. Cregg: There were 36 homicides last night. 480 sexual assaults. 3411 robberies. 3685 aggravated assaults, all at gun point. And if anyone thinks those crimes could have been prevented if the victims themselves had been carrying guns, I only remind you that the President of the United States was shot last night while surrounded by the best-trained armed guards in the history of the world.

But the President himself didn't have a gun! Maybe if he had...

Blah. I can definitely see why a gun is pretty much necessary in certain situations, but then there are so many others where it just simply isn't.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #1535 on: December 19, 2012, 04:16:50 pm »
The whole arming teachers bs is nothing more than knee jerk reaction bs, and fail to see what the real problem is.

Yeah, loaded firearms in a building full of little kids. What could possibly go wrong?

It's like those loons who argue 9-11 wouldn't have happened if passengers were allowed to carry guns on planes.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #1536 on: December 19, 2012, 04:49:21 pm »
Bloody hell. Most people would say that they then armed the kids to protect the teachers, and gave them two years compulsory military service in a geopolitical nightmare.

Also this.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/12/16/israeli-teachers-are-armed-and-other-stupid-right-wing-myths/

To clear up any confusion, both comments "not true" & "wtf" are referring to the second photo, because both statements are utter bullshit.   

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1537 on: December 19, 2012, 08:02:42 pm »
I guess I'm wondering how someone would feel if a woman got pregnant as much as possible, then had an abortion at 4 weeks after conception. I'm not sure why she would do this, but I'm wondering how other pro-choicers feel about this.
I personally wouldn't care at all, excluding the confusion of why she's having so many abortions, and the effect of it on her health.
Barring the whole "why the fuck are you doing this to yourself" argument, a 4 week old foetus doesn't even have a brain. To say that it is wrong to abort it, at least more wrong than it is to kill an ant, is equivalent to arguing that either a) souls exist and the foetus is a person from conception or b) to prevent a person from coming into existence is ethically the same as killing one.

Actually b) is a complicated idea for me, but if it's true that means that a fertile woman not having sex is murder.
Σא

Offline Atheissimo

• Bishop
« Reply #1538 on: December 21, 2012, 02:11:08 pm »

I think it's time to stop and admit you have a problem when you're getting your gun policies from a bona fide war zone.

Isn't the benefit of being a stable first world democracy that you don't have to be armed all the time in case of attack?
'You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched Star Trek? Good Lord.' - Sir Patrick Stewart

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1539 on: December 24, 2012, 07:15:22 pm »

I think it's time to stop and admit you have a problem when you're getting your gun policies from a bona fide war zone.

Isn't the benefit of being a stable first world democracy that you don't have to be armed all the time in case of attack?

You may be on to something, maybe we're no longer a "stable 1st world democracy".
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:17:31 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Julian

• Pope
« Reply #1540 on: December 25, 2012, 03:20:56 pm »
To clear up any confusion, both comments "not true" & "wtf" are referring to the second photo, because both statements are utter bullshit.
Absolutely. The thread title's a bit of a giveaway in that regard. It's a bit like the original fundie submission concept. Look at the pile of fail I found, followed by people jumping in on the stupid...

Offline Julian

• Pope
« Reply #1541 on: December 25, 2012, 03:26:11 pm »
Very true, but the scariest thing is the Israeli policies were far too moderate/reasoned and had to be massively sexed up / misrepresented to match the NRA rhetoric.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1542 on: December 25, 2012, 06:23:31 pm »

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1543 on: December 25, 2012, 06:24:29 pm »
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1544 on: December 25, 2012, 07:13:10 pm »
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."