Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1113253 times)

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1950 on: April 18, 2013, 04:52:00 pm »
It reminds me of the original version of Cinderella... now that's scary shit.

You mean Aschenputtel

"Turn and peep, turn and peep, there's blood within the shoe. The shoe it is too small for her, the true bride waits for you"

And so the evil stepsisters were forced to go blind all the rest of their lives.

Now if you want trippy Grimm tales, look up "One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes."

Ursula Vernon's site has Annotated Fairy Tales, they're pretty hilarious even without her commentary.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1951 on: April 18, 2013, 04:59:16 pm »
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #1952 on: April 18, 2013, 08:07:04 pm »

Actually, this is not far from the truth. Women can be abusers, and they can be abusive of men.

Do they make up half of abusers? There really isn't a way to tell, since domestic violence is an underreported crime (especially when men are victims). Probably not half, but the number is not tiny.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #1953 on: April 18, 2013, 08:14:46 pm »

Actually, this is not far from the truth. Women can be abusers, and they can be abusive of men.

Do they make up half of abusers? There really isn't a way to tell, since domestic violence is an underreported crime (especially when men are victims). Probably not half, but the number is not tiny.

Yeah, my gut reaction was anger, then thought of the same thing you did.  The question, though, is how many of the MRAs reading this will draw the same reasonable conclusion you did as opposed to walking away with, "Yeah, women should stop being so annoying and quit nagging."

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1954 on: April 18, 2013, 08:26:12 pm »

Yeah, my gut reaction was anger, then thought of the same thing you did.  The question, though, is how many of the MRAs reading this will draw the same reasonable conclusion you did as opposed to walking away with, "Yeah, women should stop being so annoying and quit nagging."

The reason I picked it was because it wasn't well thought out at all. It sounds like they're implying that women are "asking to get hit" so it's half their fault.
Also the family law sign is just... what?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1955 on: April 18, 2013, 08:51:00 pm »
I think they are MRA's look at the subtitle

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1956 on: April 18, 2013, 08:54:29 pm »
I think they are MRA's look at the subtitle

They are.
They aren't even trying to help those abused men, sadly. If you ever debate them, sometimes they will say abusing women is "true equality" since men are abused too.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1957 on: April 18, 2013, 10:44:50 pm »
If you guys are truly that conflicted take a look at the site... Jesus fucking Christ. Not only poorly designed but the articles and shit are horrible.

I'm really hoping it isn't a true effort. Like some sort of Poe. I just... trying to read anything on the site hurts.

EDIT: Found this write-up on the site (despite it being on stfueverything the original author is Manboobz)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:56:33 pm by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1958 on: April 18, 2013, 11:07:32 pm »
I'll try to find it again, but a few months ago, I came across a site with some stats and thoughtful, non-inflammatory articles

about spousal abuse of men. It was not MRA shite. It was believable, and sad. The gist being, many men will not report that

their women abuse them out of shame, fear of losing child custody rights, and because they often end up going to jail when

their partners hit them and call the cops to have them hauled out. Like, just mean ass women, not the typical thing we all

take for granted as being the case.

The husbands/partners are ones that Never hit women, because they were raised right, but find themselves in situations

where their woman is; mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, severe bi-polar, violent drug/alcohol addicted or has borderline

personality disorder.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #1959 on: April 18, 2013, 11:19:45 pm »
I hate it when people say, "Wishing rape isn't the same as threatening, so it's not a big deal," or "So what if they said they wanted to kill/rape them?  They're just internet punks blowing hot air.  It's not like any of them would actually do it."  It basically condones the most demeaning and stressful online harassment since either 'nobody technically made a threat' or 'they're not actually causing you physical harm, so deal with it.'

I'll try to find it again, but a few months ago, I came across a site with some stats and thoughtful, non-inflammatory articles

about spousal abuse of men. It was not MRA shite. It was believable, and sad. The gist being, many men will not report that

their women abuse them out of shame, fear of losing child custody rights, and because they often end up going to jail when

their partners hit them and call the cops to have them hauled out. Like, just mean ass women, not the typical thing we all

The husbands/partners are ones that Never hit women, because they were raised right, but find themselves in situations

where their woman is; mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, severe bi-polar, violent drug/alcohol addicted or has borderline

personality disorder.

That reminds me of a post I once read about a collection of stories of guys who've had cops called on them for being 'pedophiles' simply because they were alone in public with their child or younger sibling without a woman present.  It didn't come off as hateful or blaming women as a whole for the problem (as far as I can remember, anyway, though I believe quite a few of the accusers were women).  Instead, it was there to inform people that this does happen and it's a problem.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1960 on: April 19, 2013, 12:31:29 am »

personality disorder.

My ex was emotionally abusive and had BPD. Sometimes I still think it was my fault and I do still see people say, not directly to me, that I'd caused it or that it wasn't real.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #1961 on: April 19, 2013, 12:56:47 am »

That reminds me of a post I once read about a collection of stories of guys who've had cops called on them for being 'pedophiles' simply because they were alone in public with their child or younger sibling without a woman present.  It didn't come off as hateful or blaming women as a whole for the problem (as far as I can remember, anyway, though I believe quite a few of the accusers were women).  Instead, it was there to inform people that this does happen and it's a problem.

That's what happens when people think it's a woman's job only to raise the kids... men who take part can either get the hero of the year treatment (for doing something that apparently is beyond the abilities of most men), or accusations of pedophilia (why do they want to be around the kids? That's not what men do...).
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #1962 on: April 19, 2013, 05:35:15 pm »
I took this when I was visiting a  friend in New York during their Pride Parade.  Had thought I had lost this but found it again.

Take a good look at the sign held by the guy all the way to the left..

Maybe my grammar is just off but is he saying what I think he's saying?

This is either very stupid or an utterly brilliant POE
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1963 on: April 19, 2013, 05:47:06 pm »
I'm going to say brilliant POE given that I've wanted to do similar shit to the anti-choice crowd.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #1964 on: April 19, 2013, 05:58:47 pm »
I took this when I was visiting a  friend in New York during their Pride Parade.  Had thought I had lost this but found it again.

Take a good look at the sign held by the guy all the way to the left..

Maybe my grammar is just off but is he saying what I think he's saying?

This is either very stupid or an utterly brilliant POE

Considering he's dressed like a priest, I'm gonna say POE.