Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1116272 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #3960 on: March 08, 2015, 11:45:59 pm »

I hear about them dropping them Quite often.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #3961 on: March 09, 2015, 08:09:43 am »

I hear about them dropping them Quite often.

April 19, 1995, Oklahoma City.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #3962 on: March 09, 2015, 08:14:32 am »

No, it's not weird that happens in all those places in the world where that flag has heralded the arrival of death, destruction, and despotism.

The naivety that the mighty U.S. is alone amongst the nations of the word in welcoming immigrants to your shores is pretty fucking funny too, and that is to say nothing of the laughable state of your 'benefits' compared to those of other first world nations.

It's the "my country right or wrong" mentality taken to the extreme of "my country is always right".

The extreme? That's always been the meaning I took away from people who spouted that sort of nonsense.

I've tended to understand the phrase "my country right or wrong" in the context of this bit from South Park:

No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.

A lot of people take that a lot farther, but I don't think the phrase automatically extends.

I feel like this is an opportune time to point out that the full quote is "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Sounds like a good credo to live by.  Remember: patriotism is a virtue, jingoism is a vice.

I think it should be noted that the guy who said the full-quote, Carl Schurz, was a German immigrant.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3963 on: March 09, 2015, 09:47:54 am »

No, it's not weird that happens in all those places in the world where that flag has heralded the arrival of death, destruction, and despotism.

The naivety that the mighty U.S. is alone amongst the nations of the word in welcoming immigrants to your shores is pretty fucking funny too, and that is to say nothing of the laughable state of your 'benefits' compared to those of other first world nations.

It's the "my country right or wrong" mentality taken to the extreme of "my country is always right".

The extreme? That's always been the meaning I took away from people who spouted that sort of nonsense.

I've tended to understand the phrase "my country right or wrong" in the context of this bit from South Park:

No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.

A lot of people take that a lot farther, but I don't think the phrase automatically extends.

I feel like this is an opportune time to point out that the full quote is "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Sounds like a good credo to live by.  Remember: patriotism is a virtue, jingoism is a vice.

Agreed! 8)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3964 on: March 09, 2015, 11:15:18 am »

Comparing black people to shit.  And they have the nerve to claim they're not racists.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #3965 on: March 09, 2015, 11:42:40 am »

Comparing black people to shit.  And they have the nerve to claim they're not racists.

Replace the poop with a lump of yummy chocolate and it would be in the "Best Protest Signs/Political Cartoons" section.

I should remake this and change "Yesterday's Fully-Digested Lunch" into "Theobroma Cacao".

I'll post it in a short while.

EDIT: I made it!....

Waddaya think? And how do you like my new spin on that annoying bigot catchphrase?

ANTI-RACISM IS A CODE WORD FOR PRO-HUMANITY!
......This saying should go memetic!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:01:05 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #3966 on: March 10, 2015, 06:16:09 pm »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3967 on: March 10, 2015, 10:18:47 pm »

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #3968 on: March 11, 2015, 02:12:15 am »

You know, in a way, the message has a nugget of truth behind it, but the execution is completely wrong. Probably the most egregious part is likening the democrats to the comunists and the republicans to the nazis. I think a better image would be a strange push-me-pull-you type animal with an elephant head on one side, and a donkey head on the other.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #3969 on: March 11, 2015, 05:15:04 pm »

You'd think the fact that one of the black men pictured is President of the United Freaking States would be change enough.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3970 on: March 11, 2015, 05:23:44 pm »

You'd think the fact that one of the black men pictured is President of the United Freaking States would be change enough.

A sane person would go in that direction.  This was not made by a sane person.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #3971 on: March 11, 2015, 11:22:31 pm »

A sane person would go in that direction.  This was not made by a sane person.

Yeah, wingnuts fetishize "Ol' Glory" as much as they fetishize guns. I can picture some dope named Clem having a threesome with an M16 & an American Flag.......

......now I need brain bleach.....

(Pictured: Brain Bleach)
......ahhhhhh....That's good bleach......

That last photo with the black guy about to get skewered with the flag......*shudder*

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3972 on: March 16, 2015, 12:35:41 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #3973 on: March 16, 2015, 01:10:38 pm »

One of these things is not like the others,
    One of these things just doesn't belong,
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others
    By the time I finish my song?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3974 on: March 22, 2015, 05:43:55 pm »

Why does Martin Luther King Jr. keep saying blacks will always be victimized!? IS HE THE REAL racist!?!?