Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1111567 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1590 on: January 10, 2013, 11:24:52 am »
I found it in my FB feed because a friend shared it, it's originally from this reporter's FB page. Turns out it's in Fort Walton Beach, FL, I can't say I'm shocked this is from FL.

I remember, growing up in South Florida, that we all thought that rude, jerky New York transplants were going to ruin the state. But, nope, it's the leakage from the immediate north....like abalama, miss-shitty, ga-ga, jerkasaw, takes-asss, loser-anus, etc. that has killed all hope here.

Oh, well, the weather is still pretty nice...sigh.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1591 on: January 10, 2013, 07:34:12 pm »
Dude?  I'm originally from Alabama.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1592 on: January 10, 2013, 09:19:06 pm »
Excuse you. I've lived in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. Currently in GA.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1593 on: January 11, 2013, 02:14:36 am »
You really coulda just said "The South". That whole region's kinda a cultural plague.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1594 on: January 11, 2013, 02:21:11 am »
I found it in my FB feed because a friend shared it, it's originally from this reporter's FB page. Turns out it's in Fort Walton Beach, FL, I can't say I'm shocked this is from FL.

I remember, growing up in South Florida, that we all thought that rude, jerky New York transplants were going to ruin the state. But, nope, it's the leakage from the immediate north....like abalama, miss-shitty, ga-ga, jerkasaw, takes-asss, loser-anus, etc. that has killed all hope here.

Oh, well, the weather is still pretty nice...sigh.

You know, the South isn't the sole reason why we can't have nice things. It's true that there's a lot of fuckery down there, but arguably no more than there is in other parts of the country with a lot of Republican influence. For instance, Michele Bachmann is from Minnesota. Mitt Romney was raised in Michigan and was governor of Massachusetts during his better days. And Rick "Frothy" Santorum was actually a representative of the deep Southern state of Pennsylvania. And the state that passed a law to allow the killing of abortion doctors wasn't a Southern state either - you're thinking of South Dakota.

See? It's easy to focus on political problems without demonizing an entire region of the country.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1595 on: January 11, 2013, 02:57:43 am »
Let's just say red states

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1596 on: January 11, 2013, 06:14:07 am »
Please don't paint all southerners with the same brush.  For the record, I know plenty of perfectly decent people from Dixie.

Please learn the difference.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:02:40 pm by Dynamic Dragon »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1597 on: January 11, 2013, 11:30:02 am »
I say we just say backward areas, there's plenty parts of blue and even northern states that are full of backward asshats. Heck, the county I live in just went blue for the first time in years, and most of those who live in the suburbs and rural areas look down on the bigger cities(even through they're still somewhat small) and act as if everyone is "trash" that lives there. Now there are states like Florida, where it does seem that a good portion of the state is full of asshats that are busy huffing paint of some kind.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1598 on: January 11, 2013, 12:52:03 pm »
I say we just say backward areas, there's plenty parts of blue and even northern states that are full of backward asshats. Heck, the county I live in just went blue for the first time in years, and most of those who live in the suburbs and rural areas look down on the bigger cities(even through they're still somewhat small) and act as if everyone is "trash" that lives there. Now there are states like Florida, where it does seem that a good portion of the state is full of asshats that are busy huffing paint of some kind.

Precisely. I am a born Southerner, my family going back all the way to 1690's Virginia. Mind you, when I posted a few weeks ago that I was a little offended when members snarkily dumped - for fun and giggles, to be sure - on the South and Southerners, I got called out on it. I did that same type of snarking myself this time, when my home state got singled out - understandably enough, considering how rich in news it always is here - and saw a similar reaction, but to the opposite side of the snark question.

Oh well.  The weather is still nice here in Florida, so much that I really don't miss north Georgia, where I lived for 29 years til moving back here to care for my mom. Even if freaks and wild pythons constantly pop up and spoil the scenery.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1599 on: January 11, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »
I've lived in North and Central Florida, as well as in between.  It seems the farther north you go, the more you are in the stereotypical south.  I live right now in Jacksonville, and it seems like nearly everyone lives up to the stereotypes.  As an agnostic, independent, I feel like i'm in the minority when surrounded by fundamentalist, back-neck, black-hating, white-hating, liberal-hating, gun-toting morons. 

I'm starting to miss Orlando. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1600 on: January 11, 2013, 05:29:28 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvcNZ-KOEcg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvcNZ-KOEcg</a>

I'll just leave this here*.

* Because Phil Ochs is awesome.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1601 on: January 22, 2013, 08:18:26 pm »

On another note, it's nice to know my uncle is a birther, since he shared this photo on fb.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1602 on: January 22, 2013, 08:23:25 pm »

On another note, it's nice to know my uncle is a birther, since he shared this photo on fb.

I'm not so sure that screams birther as it does "Goddamn Hispanics going for Obama!"
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1603 on: January 22, 2013, 08:37:56 pm »
Either way it's nice to know my uncle is a racist douche, now. And the kicker is they think a fucking fence will solve the problem, after all it's not like people burrow under or anything.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:52:57 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1604 on: January 22, 2013, 09:50:00 pm »
Please don't paint all southerners with the same brush.  For the record, I know plenty of perfectly decent people from Dixie.

Please learn the difference.

Being that I'm from Oklahoma, know a few rednecks and morons, and I'm a brony, I fucking love that picture so much.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov