Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1113024 times)

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1605 on: January 23, 2013, 05:55:26 am »
Found this one one of the fishing boards I'm on. Unfortunately, a lot of people involved in the sport are neocons. The forum has a locked sub-board that's supposed to be specifically for politics, but somehow the leftist bashing Randian wingnut gun fapper stuff gets let loose all over the off-topic forum and stays there. I tend to avoid the off-topic forum just for that reason, but like a lot of boards it lists the subject of the latest post on the main page. I clicked through and came across this:

The guy who posted it is from Mississippi. Is anyone surprised?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:39:14 am by ScrappyB »
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1606 on: January 23, 2013, 12:44:49 pm »
This is why this nation will fail, there's just too many people with this us vs them attitude.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #1607 on: January 23, 2013, 02:57:25 pm »
Found this one one of the fishing boards I'm on. Unfortunately, a lot of people involved in the sport are neocons. The forum has a locked sub-board that's supposed to be specifically for politics, but somehow the leftist bashing Randian wingnut gun fapper stuff gets let loose all over the off-topic forum and stays there. I tend to avoid the off-topic forum just for that reason, but like a lot of boards it lists the subject of the latest post on the main page. I clicked through and came across this:

I wonder if I am supposed to make anything of the fact that everyone in the picture is black?
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1608 on: January 23, 2013, 04:15:38 pm »
This is why this nation will fail, there's just too many people with this us vs them attitude.

That's what bothered me about this past election.  You weren't allowed to think of things outside the Left or Right context.  Criticize something in Obama's speech and you're a racist Conservative.  Point out an error in Romney's economic plan and you're a sissy Liberal.  I made a comment that I once supported the Tea Party, but I became disappointed in what they've become.  I ended up being called a lying Liberal who sleeps with Rice.  I don't even know who Rice is!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #1609 on: January 23, 2013, 04:22:03 pm »

That's what bothered me about this past election.  You weren't allowed to think of things outside the Left or Right context.  Criticize something in Obama's speech and you're a racist Conservative.  Point out an error in Romney's economic plan and you're a sissy Liberal.  I made a comment that I once supported the Tea Party, but I became disappointed in what they've become.  I ended up being called a lying Liberal who sleeps with Rice.  I don't even know who Rice is!

I think they meant Condoleezza Rice.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1610 on: January 23, 2013, 04:22:38 pm »

I think they meant Condoleezza Rice.
Or maybe Susan Rice.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1611 on: January 23, 2013, 04:23:34 pm »

Probably Condaleeza Rice. I doubt I spelled her name right, but that's the only guess I got.

Also, this is what happens when you manage to polarize everything into a "Two sides are equal, Us vs. Them" mentality. No room for a middle ground, or the side you "support" might actually be wrong, misinformed, or otherwise in need of a smack upside the head.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1612 on: January 23, 2013, 04:24:01 pm »
maybe the person meant lice instead of rice???

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #1613 on: January 23, 2013, 05:06:06 pm »
maybe the person meant lice instead of rice???

Maybe they meant eating rice off a naked Condaleeza Rice with lice?

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1614 on: January 23, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »

I wonder if I am supposed to make anything of the fact that everyone in the picture is black?

Also, female.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1615 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:53 pm »

Also, female.

And I bet every woman in that picture works her ass off at some shit under-paying job to support her family, but noooooooo, they are the gib mees because they don't earn enough to owe income tax at the end of the year....not that they did not have to struggle to make ends meet that much harder since withholding sucked 15% + outta their shit paychecks. Okay, sry rant done  >:(
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #1616 on: January 23, 2013, 07:33:39 pm »
And I bet every woman in that picture works her ass off at some shit under-paying job to support her family, but noooooooo, they are the gib mees because they don't earn enough to owe income tax at the end of the year....not that they did not have to struggle to make ends meet that much harder since withholding sucked 15% + outta their shit paychecks. Okay, sry rant done  >:(

You don't have to be sorry, I'm sick of this "You don't matter, because you don't pay federal income taxes" bs. Personally I would like to see  taxes paid by the individual states to the federal gov't, rather than by individuals, with individuals paying taxes on the state level only(Yeah, I like to think outside the box).

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #1617 on: January 23, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »
It's possible they're also trying to invoke the "welfare queen" stereotype.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1618 on: January 23, 2013, 08:38:32 pm »
They're definitely also trying to invoke the "welfare queen" stereotype.

Fixed it for you.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #1619 on: January 23, 2013, 09:53:49 pm »
The internet at this house is slow as a church lady on the high way, but I remember seeing a chart of welfare recipients in red states vs blue states. And that, overwhelmingly, the states who RECEIVED more in welfare benefits than it paid out, and usually significantly more, were the reddest of the red states; whereas the ones that paid out much, much more than it received in assistance were almost exclusively the bluest Democrat states.

Anyone remember that? I can't find it here but I'll look if I manage to get home tomorrow.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel