Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112076 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1785 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:15 pm »
...yanno, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure it's illegal for businesses to discriminate based on political affiliation just like it's illegal to discriminate based on race, sex, sexual orientation, or religion, but do those same laws apply to private sales? You're not a business, after all (I'm assuming), so is it still illegal for you to refuse to sell to people because you disagree with their views? If I had guns (or anything more dangerous than, like, a rubber ducky) I definitely wouldn't wanna sell it to a Tea Partier.

I've seen some restaurants put up signs that say something like "We can refuse service to you for any reason." Apparently this means that as long as the reason you are kicked out has nothing to do with being part of a "federally protected class," you really can be denied service. But to deny service, it has to be a legitimate reason. For example, a bar owner was allowed to deny service to a motorcycle gang because he wanted to avoid the possibility of other gangs recognizing their colors and causing a fight. However, a restaurant owner was not allowed to deny a gay couple seating in a semi-private "couples section" just because they were gay.

I'm pretty sure that if you explicitly denied a Tea Partier the right to purchase a gun even though he had all the papers and licensing he needed, that would be considered an illegitimate reason because the law isn't allowed to say which political beliefs (however ridiculous) are "legitimate grounds" for discrimination and which ones aren't.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1786 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:49 pm »

Hrm...

That's frustrating. For I support Gun Rights, but I agree on Obama for most every other reason so you seem to be stabbing your own allies in the back with this.

Good work sir, stay classy.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1787 on: March 04, 2013, 01:02:04 pm »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #1788 on: March 04, 2013, 01:54:59 pm »

Lanaguage?  Lanoguage?  Laneguage?  What?

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #1789 on: March 04, 2013, 05:35:43 pm »

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1790 on: March 05, 2013, 10:49:47 am »
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #1791 on: March 05, 2013, 11:46:14 am »

What did I just read?

She is a fundie NOI muslim alderman from Saint Louis, she is saying that black people who don't like the fact that the mayor is white should vote for a dark horse candidate, because in essence Lewis Reed (the strong challenger) acts too white. 

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1792 on: March 05, 2013, 11:54:55 am »

What did I just read?

She is a fundie NOI muslim alderman from Saint Louis, she is saying that black people who don't like the fact that the mayor is white should vote for a dark horse candidate, because in essence Lewis Reed (the strong challenger) acts too white.

Dark horse? An unfortunate turn of phrase you chose there lol.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1793 on: March 05, 2013, 12:15:04 pm »

It's just a proverb.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #1794 on: March 05, 2013, 12:17:29 pm »

What did I just read?

Ensemble Darkhorse
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1795 on: March 05, 2013, 01:29:45 pm »

What did I just read?

Ensemble Darkhorse

It's just a proverb.

See, this is why I don't like talking to people and why I don't post here more often.

Yes I know it is a common expression and I know where the term comes from, I'm not completely fucking retarded thank you. I just thought it was vaguely amusing that he chose that particular expression considering the subject matter. I didn't think that pointing that out would somehow indicate I was ignorant of the expression or that I thought he was actually being racist or some shit. It was a JOKE, I thought that was pretty bloody obvious. You all know what a joke is right? Jesus fucking Christ.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rJ4g9EMUk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rJ4g9EMUk</a>
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:55:43 pm by Katsuro »

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #1796 on: March 05, 2013, 02:13:19 pm »

What did I just read?

Ensemble Darkhorse

It's just a proverb.

See, this is why I don't like talking to people and why I don't post here more often.

Yes I know it is a common expression and I know where the term comes from, I'm not completely fucking retarded thank you. I just thought it was vaguely amusing that he chose that particular expression considering the subject matter. I didn't think that pointing that out would somehow indicate I was ignorant of the expression or that I thought he was actually being racist or some shit. It was a JOKE, I thought that was pretty bloody obvious. You all know what a joke is right? Jesus fucking Christ.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rJ4g9EMUk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rJ4g9EMUk</a>
Sorry on my part, I wasn't able to tell it was a joke.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1797 on: March 05, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »
Katsuro:

My comment was not an attack against you. It was not an insult to your intellegence or anything. Sorry if I offended you.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1798 on: March 06, 2013, 08:46:17 am »

....Please don't use the word "retarded" as an insult.  I have relatives with mental retardation and have worked with kids and teens who have Down Syndrome.  It feels like you're calling genuinely retarded people less than human or something.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #1799 on: March 06, 2013, 10:11:23 am »
ALLLLLRIIIGHT! BACK TO THE SUBJECT......

What does Lewis Reed have to do to satisfy this Nasheed person? Shuffle about in oversized pants that aren't pulled up, talk in thick ebonics & basically act like a ghetto-fabulous minstrel show?!

"Acting White" "Acting Black" "Straight Gay"...IT"S ALL STUPID STEREOTYPES!

I'm surprised Ms. Nasheed's pic doesn't show a reject from from a Maury episode with five tons of gold jewelry, a big pink-tipped weave hairstyle & makeup put on with a trowel!

One can still have a deep love & pride in their African-American heritage, history, arts & culture without acting like a character from Soul Plane.

I've never seen Nasheed, Slay, Matthews & Reed. Being a NOI member, she probably thinks Reed not being an ethnic bigot is "acting white".
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:18:48 am by SpukiKitty »