Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112731 times)

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1980 on: April 23, 2013, 08:06:30 am »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1981 on: April 23, 2013, 08:50:08 am »
Carneigie was also willing to use extreme violence to achieve his ends.

Note: I thought he used bombings of competition railways and so on for economic purposes, but I may be mixing him up with someone else.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1982 on: April 23, 2013, 08:53:24 am »
Vanderbilt was railroads.  Carnegie was the guy who's subordinate hired mercs to kill strikers

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #1983 on: April 23, 2013, 10:32:04 am »

I saw this response to that on Facebook.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #1984 on: April 23, 2013, 11:26:50 am »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1985 on: April 23, 2013, 04:12:31 pm »

I’d agree with you if it wasn’t that the Germans had surrendered before the Atomic Bomb was even completely ready. And even then they didn’t really know what would happen with the Atomic Bomb.

Date of German surrender: May 7th, 1945
Date of Japanese surrender: September 2nd, 1945
Date of the drop of the Atomic Bomb: August 6th, 1945

Racism was not the reason behind the atom bomb. Japan could have surrendered after there was a threat of massive force (the atom bomb). It wasn't like the US just dropped the bomb without warning and that Japan was already preparing to surrender.

The atomic bomb was already in development to be used against Germany. They had to switch gears when Germany surrendered.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1986 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:00 pm »

I’d agree with you if it wasn’t that the Germans had surrendered before the Atomic Bomb was even completely ready. And even then they didn’t really know what would happen with the Atomic Bomb.

Date of German surrender: May 7th, 1945
Date of Japanese surrender: September 2nd, 1945
Date of the drop of the Atomic Bomb: August 6th, 1945

Racism was not the reason behind the atom bomb. Japan could have surrendered after there was a threat of massive force (the atom bomb). It wasn't like the US just dropped the bomb without warning and that Japan was already preparing to surrender.

The atomic bomb was already in development to be used against Germany. They had to switch gears when Germany surrendered.

As I remember the atomic bomb was intended for use on the European front, while the bat bomb was planned for use in Japan because of the high number of wooden buildings(as opposed to brick, stone, concrete, steel, etc.). Once the nuke was completed, and Japan hadn't surrendered, it was decided to use the nuke and cancel the bat bomb, which was still in the prototype phase.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #1987 on: April 23, 2013, 07:18:25 pm »
That bat bomb thing is the single most idiotic concept I've ever seen for a weapon.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1988 on: April 23, 2013, 07:48:19 pm »
They were originally doing firebombing runs on Japan which did a lot more damage and killed more people. If I recall.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #1989 on: April 23, 2013, 07:52:17 pm »
The irony was that Hitler considered the Japanese "honorary Aryans".
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1990 on: April 23, 2013, 08:43:51 pm »
That bat bomb thing is the single most idiotic concept I've ever seen for a weapon.

You obviously haven't seen it's cousin, pigeon missile, or the entirely ineffective cat-based anti-ship bomb, which was supposed to be guided by the cat wanting to land on the ship, not the water. The cat bomb never got past the scientist dropping a cat into a pool to see how it reacted. I imagine it was canceled as soon as the higher ups walked by and saw what stupidity was going on. The pigeon missile apparently worked somewhat.

Then there was the iceberg aircraft carrier that almost got built. There's a long list of cool but impractical stuff Germany tried in WWII, like the P. 1500 Monster, a tank that would use a gun identical to the Dora and Gustav railway guns for it's main cannon. 
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #1991 on: April 23, 2013, 08:48:43 pm »
You are taking the piss. There is no way that someone wanted to make a cat-based missile tracking system.

-FDR

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1992 on: April 23, 2013, 08:52:07 pm »
Bat bomb, you say?

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #1993 on: April 23, 2013, 08:56:14 pm »
Some days you can't get rid of a bomb.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Distind

« Reply #1994 on: April 23, 2013, 09:12:23 pm »
You are taking the piss. There is no way that someone wanted to make a cat-based missile tracking system.
He isn't, I've seen the same material he's refering to. "Are you shitting me" was a solid refrain for most of it.