Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1112073 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2010 on: April 26, 2013, 11:31:05 pm »
If this was true, ever consider how little opportunities women have had to do great things

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #2011 on: April 27, 2013, 02:15:53 pm »
And some of them still managed regardless.  Because they were awesome like that.

It's criminal to keep half the potential contributors locked out of human achievement.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2012 on: April 28, 2013, 01:26:12 am »
The issue with women and inventing things is more of an old sex role stereotype dying out too slowly.

Drafting and designing a prototype is great, but you really need to know how to use tools to develop an invention

- even if you plan to hire out the prototype build, or produce a 3D model on a rapid prototype machine -

because you have to understand what is possible and what is not in the manufacturing process.

Many more parents are now willing to teach their little girls how to use basic tools, and their little boys how to use a

vacuum or sew a hem, but the old meme of "tools are for men/tool use makes you look butch" thing for women remains

kinda prevalent, and many girls still never learn how to use tools. I hate that. I have used tools since I was six, building toys

and eventually, a crossbow that my dad deemed "good enough" for safekeeping in his rifle display case. 

Yeah, the thing was a bit deadly for a ten year old, unsupervised.

I'm recording videos as I build out a tricycle vending cart...you know, so people won't think I'm a liar when I tell them I built

my own cart? The clips are mostly intended to be primers for newbies on tool use, structural concepts,

alternative energy devices, and for anyone who likes my cart and wants to build one like it.

It's got a solar panel that runs the 12 volt ice cream freezer. I'm building a solar evacuated tube oven for baking fresh

cookies, and using more of the same tubes for a solar coffee brewer. It will have LED lighting effects and signals, a 60

volt/1000watt electric hub motor for the tricycle, a 3G hotspot,  etc.

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2013 on: April 28, 2013, 03:36:32 pm »
I'm recording videos as I build out a tricycle vending cart...you know, so people won't think I'm a liar when I tell them I built

my own cart? The clips are mostly intended to be primers for newbies on tool use, structural concepts,

alternative energy devices, and for anyone who likes my cart and wants to build one like it.

It's got a solar panel that runs the 12 volt ice cream freezer. I'm building a solar evacuated tube oven for baking fresh

cookies, and using more of the same tubes for a solar coffee brewer. It will have LED lighting effects and signals, a 60

volt/1000watt electric hub motor for the tricycle, a 3G hotspot,  etc.

Swoon. <3
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2014 on: April 28, 2013, 06:10:00 pm »
I'm not sure why women should get the blame for millennia of oppression by men. Nor why men as a gender should get credit for fixing in part the crimes we created as a gender.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #2015 on: April 28, 2013, 06:21:06 pm »
From Facebook:

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2016 on: April 28, 2013, 06:23:54 pm »
From Facebook:

GIRL TO BUSH, "Get yer filthy lips off me you damn dirty ape!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2017 on: April 28, 2013, 06:29:33 pm »
Remember the other sign from Moms Deman Action about fairytales and the rifles?

Well... 2x the stupid in this one. Guess why:

(click to show/hide)

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2018 on: April 28, 2013, 06:41:27 pm »
I wonder, did the kids get to read the ad copy before the photo shoot? 'Cause that would explain why the girl has that "thousand yard stare" thing going on.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #2019 on: April 28, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »
Remember the other sign from Moms Deman Action about fairytales and the rifles?

Well... 2x the stupid in this one. Guess why:

(click to show/hide)

I always assumed the point of those graphics was that they're willing to ban books & that chocolate egg thing but not ban automatic weapons....I thought it was a good point. Perhaps I interpreted it wrong.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2020 on: April 28, 2013, 06:57:12 pm »
Neither are banned. Same with the fairy tales and the rifle in the other ad I posted.

Also the girl has no trigger discipline.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #2021 on: April 28, 2013, 07:04:53 pm »
Neither are banned. Same with the fairy tales and the rifle in the other ad I posted.

Damn!

I've actually re-blogged stuff on Facebook & Tumblr that was doorknob stupid because I misinterpreted it to mean the opposite. I must learn to comprehend better.

I re-blogged on Facebook the "Fairy Tale/Gun" graphic because I assumed the message was "We ban books but we don't ban assault weapons, our priorities are all wrong".

Likewise, I re-blogged the "Pics of North Korean People" on Tumblr because I assumed it was saying, "If we end up at war with North Korea, let's not vilify or make light of the suffering of the citizens like we did with the Iraqis".

If there's anyone else guilty of this I'd LOOOOVE to know.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2022 on: April 28, 2013, 08:46:01 pm »

This.  Kinder Surprise eggs were never banned.  Distributors pulled them because a few small kids choked on the plastic container that the "prize" is in.

Considering the size of those little prize pellets, there are actually some pretty cool things inside Kinder Surprise eggs.  But stateside, you can only really get them in places that specialize in Euro-candies.  I had one yesterday.  There were teeny little stickers inside with "magic" moving pictures of sports cars. :D
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Undecided

• The boring one.
  • Bishop
  • Amateur Obfuscator
« Reply #2023 on: April 28, 2013, 09:34:24 pm »

This.  Kinder Surprise eggs were never banned.  Distributors pulled them because a few small kids choked on the plastic container that the "prize" is in.

Considering the size of those little prize pellets, there are actually some pretty cool things inside Kinder Surprise eggs.  But stateside, you can only really get them in places that specialize in Euro-candies.  I had one yesterday.  There were teeny little stickers inside with "magic" moving pictures of sports cars. :D
Are you certain? The FDA thinks otherwise.
You mad, you lose.

People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller
Le doute n'est pas une condition agréable, mais la certitude est absurde.
Voltaire

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2024 on: April 28, 2013, 09:41:58 pm »
American Kinder Surprise anyone?

Also, I think you can specially import the European ones.

&