Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1111462 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #2730 on: September 29, 2013, 11:58:35 pm »
Notice how it's "the people" when marriage equality was voted against, but it's "citizens" when marriage equality is voted for. Apparently these people don't think they're citizens of this country.
It could be that they just like the word "people" since it reminds them of the phrase "we the people." I've seen some libertards in particular refer to themselves as we the people whenever they get the chance.

Both people and citizens have positive connotations, citizens relates to the government, so they are probably trying to get a "big government" vibe.

"How dare big government approve of relationships that I don't!"
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2731 on: September 30, 2013, 12:17:59 am »
The  Freedom the Alliance is Defending is supposed to be religious freedom, which apparently means forcing everyone to follow the rules of a specific religion.

The dimension of dominionists: where up is blue, down is triangle, and right is buffalo.

Actually it's more like "Up is God, Down is Satan, Right is God, Left is Satan"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2732 on: September 30, 2013, 12:56:18 pm »
The  Freedom the Alliance is Defending is supposed to be religious freedom, which apparently means forcing everyone to follow the rules of a specific religion.

The dimension of dominionists: where up is blue, down is triangle, and right is buffalo.

Actually it's more like "Up is God, Down is Satan, Right is God, Left is Satan"

Assuming you can get two of em, even of the same denomination, to agree that up or down actually exists, let alone what their definitions might be.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2733 on: September 30, 2013, 07:09:28 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2734 on: September 30, 2013, 07:17:01 pm »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2735 on: September 30, 2013, 08:02:34 pm »
Notice how it's "the people" when marriage equality was voted against, but it's "citizens" when marriage equality is voted for. Apparently these people don't think they're citizens of this country.
It could be that they just like the word "people" since it reminds them of the phrase "we the people." I've seen some libertards in particular refer to themselves as we the people whenever they get the chance.

Both people and citizens have positive connotations, citizens relates to the government, so they are probably trying to get a "big government" vibe.

"How dare big government approve of relationships that I don't!"

That, and I think saying "the people" makes it sound like it's either a) the majority opinion, or b) automatically the right thing.  Saying "the people don't want this" makes the government sound tyrannical while remaining vague enough to not rely on details.  What "people?"  Where, specifically?  Does "the people" consist of the majority in your work place/town/county/state, so you're under the impression that it's the majority everywhere? 

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2736 on: September 30, 2013, 09:14:37 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Receding hairlines are good?

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #2737 on: September 30, 2013, 10:00:04 pm »
(click to show/hide)

So I guess hailstorms and monsoons are just God's idea of a prank?

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #2738 on: September 30, 2013, 11:19:56 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Well, better than your hair slowly advancing down your forehead and conquering your face (imagine having to try to shave your eyelids or nose). That said...none of those things have a scientifically plausible method for coming about (the "sneezing out" one is about as sensical as saying "it was smart of God to make poop go out of your butt instead of in", an advancing hairline wouldn't really provide anything not already provided by facial hair, etc).
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2739 on: October 01, 2013, 06:38:01 am »
(click to show/hide)

Well, better than your hair slowly advancing down your forehead and conquering your face (imagine having to try to shave your eyelids or nose). That said...none of those things have a scientifically plausible method for coming about (the "sneezing out" one is about as sensical as saying "it was smart of God to make poop go out of your butt instead of in", an advancing hairline wouldn't really provide anything not already provided by facial hair, etc).

Well yes, receding hair is better than it going down your face, but creating the first stages of going bald is hardly something for god to brag about.

Anyway, I just find it bizarre that they had such a hard time coming up with good examples, when there are so many truly amazing things about the world/human body, that they could have went with.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2740 on: October 01, 2013, 10:16:19 am »
(click to show/hide)

I want to believe it's sarcasm.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2741 on: October 01, 2013, 11:41:40 am »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2742 on: October 01, 2013, 11:55:43 am »
I figure it's not. I said I want to. It's better that way.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2743 on: October 02, 2013, 11:33:40 pm »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2744 on: October 03, 2013, 08:23:01 pm »

That's the worst shop-job I've ever seen.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.